+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP

munanicole

Oct 30, 2009
Hi,

pls has anyone sent cards (or knws of someone who has) as proof of relationship.

I ask cos we dont have a lot of phn records cos phn companies back in our home country dont send phn records and the calls we made since we were in different countries were made with calling cards: No way to show we were really calling each other.

However, we have emails and DOZENS of romantic cards we exchanged on special occasions, some of which are actually as tall as I am. (lol)

Anyone heard of sending cards? I would need them back, so i dont want to send them if they wont get returned. :(
Thanx!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We sent photocopies of cards that we had sent each other, not the actual cards. I didn't want to risk losing them! We were approved without any issue. I would send whatever proof you have of communicating with each other -- if it's with cards and emails then definitely send those. We also sent copies of emails, phone records and chat records. I would advise that you send the actual email contents (not just your inbox details) to indicate what you were talking about. If there is anything really personal that you don't want them to read, you can either not include specific emails or you can cross things out with a black marker. Good luck.

munanicole

Oct 30, 2009
Thnx ariell.

So U made copies of both sides of the cards as well as the page in it (if u had those kind of cards, ie)...?

Necessary to use color or just black and white print?
Also, can one also make copies of photos? In color or ...? On regular or glossy paper? How do they look?

(Am i just fussy about lil stuff ?? :-[ )

martjacob

Dec 29, 2009
hello ariel .... when you send your chat records were they in english? because my wife and I were speaking in filipino. CAn you imagine if we had to translate everything in english since 2008 of january when I first met her? IT will take forever to translate them.Theres to much pages !does anyone knows? because my wife is sending her passportand other docs soon with more proof of relationship.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
we sent all the pages in the cards printed in colour.
as for photos, we had print outs of digital images on the glossy paper in colour too. they do not care what type of paper you use for photos matt or glossy - they are interested in the content proving your relationship.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
martjacob said:
hello ariel .... when you send your chat records were they in english? because my wife and I were speaking in filipino. CAn you imagine if we had to translate everything in english since 2008 of january when I first met her? IT will take forever to translate them.Theres to much pages !does anyone knows? because my wife is sending her passportand other docs soon with more proof of relationship.
you just need to translate some of your emails into English yourself, and include the rest in your native language. they will not read them all any way. just pick up the ones that include the main features of your correspondence related to your relationship and translate into English, that will be enough. but do not forget to add other emails too, even if they are not in English.

Prodigy4299

Star Member
Oct 25, 2009
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
23-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2010
LANDED..........
26-07-2010
We were in a similar situation as you, so we sent a thick print-out of the e-mail correspondence between us as well as photocopies of cards and letters we've exchanged.

Best of luck!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munanicole said:
Thnx ariell.

So U made copies of both sides of the cards as well as the page in it (if u had those kind of cards, ie)...?

Necessary to use color or just black and white print?
Also, can one also make copies of photos? In color or ...? On regular or glossy paper? How do they look?

(Am i just fussy about lil stuff ?? :-[ )
I photocopied both sides, just in B&W which I guess was fine because we were approved. I don't think it has to be colour -- that could be very expensive for you, and while it will certainly look prettier, I don't think it will add anything to proving the validity of your relationship.

I would suggest that you either reprint your photos onto photo paper, or put them in a Word document and print several photos to a single page. Good luck.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martjacob said:
I didn't send the actual chat records -- only the inbox contents showing the date and length of our conversation. I was already sending over 400 pages of emails, so if I added in the actual chat contents, it would have been over 1000 pages (!!) which I thought was a bit over the top!

I would suggest that you print out a reasonable selection of your chat records and translate some of those yourselves. I don't think you need to translate every single one as that would take forever like you said. My husband and I were writing to each other in English though, so I'm afraid I don't have any experience with having to translate, but that's just what I would do if I were in your situation. Good luck.

mj1505

Jan 5, 2010
as for me...

i sent all the originals... phone card, phone bill/record, letters, greeting cards, airplane tickets (if both of you traveled together or one of you gave a visit ), money transfer ( if both of you are sending money to each other ), print out of emails ( doesnt matter what language , the timeline/ or dates of your communication is the most important). photos of gifts.

if you have circumstances or if you want to clarify something regarding one of the proof of relationship that you want to give them... you must give an explanations how this happened ex. if you don't have phone records, as for me i say that i dont have any 'telephone plan bill coz im using only phone card coz its much cheaper.

i put also 'tag' for every proof that i have. a small sticker with the date / place/ names for significant person, but not necessary to named all of them.

we noticed that we must make an explanation regarding how you and your partner met... how your relationship developed. for me i wrote our story form the first time i met her...up to the time before i sent the application. as in detail... details of significant moments of our life. its like a love story!
making this story must be honest ( youll never know if you will have an interview .. your answer should be same as you have wrote in the application). i include also in the story the significant date/places/ names of person/ all the proof of relationship that i mentioned earlier. ex. 'and we had our wedding day last january 01,2006. ( please see photos of wedding day ) , 'after the wedding we had our honeymoon in thailand ( please see photos of honey in thailand), ( please see airplane ticket of our honeymoon in thailand ) this should be the same on your photo's tag's so that the officer will not be confused.

remember while you are finishing your application.. always consider and make the most possible convenient application, so that the officer will have an easy time to read the application. making this extra effort will have a good impression to the officer that you are very good/serious applicant.

i checked my application 10times before i sent it..to be sure i dont have any mistakes & missed any required fields.

dont worry they will sent back most of the proof of relationship . except for certificates..

i believed this ways helped me...thats why they dint required me for an interview..

hope this helps. lalu na sa mga kabayan ko...

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
I think that when you send the cards together with the application, you should also send the envelopes that have post office stamp and date. Therefore, the visa officer will not be suspicious. Actually, we can make 100 cards at the same time. It's easy.
I sent them the original cards with envelopes.
We organized the application perfectly but.... they still required interview :(. I think it's because our relationship is so fast. Not sure.

vonster

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
When my stepdad sponsored my mother, they included videotapes of vacations, christmas cards, letters, wedding invitations and actual pictures.
All of these were returned when the application was approved (spousal sponsorship)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
vonster said:
When my stepdad sponsored my mother, they included videotapes of vacations, christmas cards, letters, wedding invitations and actual pictures.
All of these were returned when the application was approved (spousal sponsorship)
were all of them originals or copies?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
They will not look at video tapes or DVDs, so don't bother with those.

I didn't want to send the original cards, since I couldn't be sure if they would return them. So what I did was take pictures of them. I photocopied the inside of the card, to show what was written in it and took a photo of the outside. I tried photocopies first, but the photo just seemed to come off better. I never got the copies and photos back.

I did however get back all the photos of me and my husband I sent, like from our wedding.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
I didn't get any evidence back after approval either. Should I expect to?