+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship - UNCLE Canadian Citizen

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UnleashedFX said:
I also have an Uncle and an Aunt that are both Canadian citizens, but do not currently reside in Canada (for the past 1-2 years). They work for an American company and do not have property in Canada, hence they don't pay taxes.

Would the fact that I can prove he is a citizen by copy of the passport and the birth certificate (brother of my mother) be enough to claim the 5 points under FSW?

Your responses are much appreciated.

Regards,
Pete
No - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp - See "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada"

You need to provide evidence that your relative currently lives in Canada.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
No - See "Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada"

You need to provide evidence that your relative currently lives in Canada.
Thank you for the swift response.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

UnleashedFX said:
I also have an Uncle and an Aunt that are both Canadian citizens, but do not currently reside in Canada (for the past 1-2 years). They work for an American company and do not have property in Canada, hence they don't pay taxes.

Would the fact that I can prove he is a citizen by copy of the passport and the birth certificate (brother of my mother) be enough to claim the 5 points under FSW?

Your responses are much appreciated.

Regards,
Pete
1. No, as they are not resident in Canada

gooner23

Feb 11, 2017
Hello, I have a question regarding the Proof of Relationship as well.

When I was creating the express entry profile, I answered that I have an Aunt who is a Canadian Citizen and lives in Canada. My score was 496 and I got the ITA. Now I have to provide Proof of Relationship and I am not quite sure what to provide.

My Aunt is my mothers first cousin. They are not siblings, hence I can not provide birth certificates to prove that they have a common parent. Does any one have any ideas on what alternate documents I could provide?

Also, what happens if I make changes to my profile post ITA? Should I go remove my Aunt and say that I have no relatives here? I am afraid this may look suspicious to CIC and they may think that I was misrepresenting information.

I have been following this forum for months now and it has been extremely helpful. This is my first time posting here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

zzarkhan

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
ITA recived 1 March 2017
I am in a similar position. Received an ITA on 1st March.

My husband's uncle is a Canadian and we have mentioned that in our application. However his uncle may not share any of the documents required. is it possible to remove his uncle from the form now? does it have to be explained in LOE? what reason can we possibly give on LOE?

fari90

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
BC PNP
AOR Received.
Dec 5,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22,2018
LANDED..........
Mar 17, 2018
I am in a similar position. Received an ITA on 1st March.

My husband's uncle is a Canadian and we have mentioned that in our application. However his uncle may not share any of the documents required. is it possible to remove his uncle from the form now? does it have to be explained in LOE? what reason can we possibly give on LOE?
I am in a similar situation,can you please let me know what did you do ? My uncle has lost his birth certificate so now I have no means to prove he is my mothers brother. I am worried and dont know what to do. please guide

NiekyE

Sep 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-12-2017
Hi everyone,
My uncle has been experiencing delays in getting his PR card (he's already living in Canada) however I had mentioned him as a relative in Canada and so needs to prove same. How will this affect my chances of approval? Does anyone have a similar experience?

Arunyuiop

Aug 16, 2017
Hey Guys I am facing the same issue..
So i have received ITA under CEC
I did input in my profile that my uncle (Dad's brother) is Canadian Citizen.
-My dad has indian passport with his fathers name
-My uncle has Canadian passport and his fathers name is not mentioned.
(Both of them dont have their birth certificate)

My uncle has his old cancelled indian passport but there is spelling mistake in his fathers and mothers name therefore my dads current indian passport and my uncles old cancelled indian passport fathers name spelling do not match.....

=What options do i have, Will 10 and 12 Grade marksheets work, any other option available.... My Points were 468 and the cutoff was 447- is it okay to remove my uncle as a family member (when i was on study permit- i mentioned in my document about my uncle- no document was needed at that time)

Please suggest guys

Hello

I am reading this post now and I know its been a year..

Can you please advise what did you do. I have got nomination undeder CEC as well and at that time I mentioned I have my uncle who is citizen. But I have got no points for that.

As far as proof is concerned, I am in the same boat as yours, they dont have the fathers name mentioned in the canadian passport.

Can you please advise what did you do. Like did you say NO in family members section while filling the PR section or can you please advise what did you do

Thank you

af56939

Jul 20, 2018
Hi , can anyone share the experience if possible about what did they do.

I have an uncle who is a citizen but he has no birth certificate and canadian passport to prove relation.

Also i dont have birth certificate or marriage certificate for my mother.

Can a notary from uncle used as a proof or i should remove him from the application

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Hello

I am reading this post now and I know its been a year..

Can you please advise what did you do. I have got nomination undeder CEC as well and at that time I mentioned I have my uncle who is citizen. But I have got no points for that.

As far as proof is concerned, I am in the same boat as yours, they dont have the fathers name mentioned in the canadian passport.

Can you please advise what did you do. Like did you say NO in family members section while filling the PR section or can you please advise what did you do

Thank you
Hi,

Can you plz share what you did with your application. I am FSW-Inland. Living and working here in Canada on PGWP. I said "Yes" (my maternal uncle) who is canadian citizen.
Now i want to take him out (already received ITA). Can i take them out, and mention in LOE that i am not able to provide sufficient documents at this time thats why i am taking him out and my elgibility (67/100) is not affected after taking him out etc.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Hi,

Can you plz share what you did with your application. I am FSW-Inland. Living and working here in Canada on PGWP. I said "Yes" (my maternal uncle) who is canadian citizen.
Now i want to take him out (already received ITA). Can i take them out, and mention in LOE that i am not able to provide sufficient documents at this time thats why i am taking him out and my elgibility (67/100) is not affected after taking him out etc.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes you can and just explain why in your LOE. I removed my aunt after receiving ITA and got no problems with it.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Yes you can and just explain why in your LOE. I removed my aunt after receiving ITA and got no problems with it.
Thanks Keebs.

"I am not able to provide sufficient documents to prove my relationship with my Maternal Uncle who is a Canadian Citizen. Therefore, i am not claiming points for “relative in Canada” and in doing so my CRS points or eligibility is not getting affected under FSW program."

Is this ok to write in LOE? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018
Thanks Keebs.

"I am not able to provide sufficient documents to prove my relationship with my Maternal Uncle who is a Canadian Citizen. Therefore, i am not claiming points for “relative in Canada” and in doing so my CRS points or eligibility is not getting affected under FSW program."

Is this ok to write in LOE? Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes that’s fine to write

Reactions: umer_razzaq90

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
Yes that’s fine to write
Another thing which i would like to confirm.
Under education, i will state date when the degree was actually granted. However, i started working just after the exams got finished. Say Started working in April, while degree was officially awarded in May.

Is it fine to go like that? or do i need to mention why my job is overlapping one month with education?

Similalry, for internships/part time jobs during study. I am mentioning them in personal history but the time frame is overlapping with study. Any explanation required or its fine?

Thanks for your time.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another thing which i would like to confirm.
Under education, i will state date when the degree was actually granted. However, i started working just after the exams got finished. Say Started working in April, while degree was officially awarded in May.

Is it fine to go like that? or do i need to mention why my job is overlapping one month with education?

Similalry, for internships/part time jobs during study. I am mentioning them in personal history but the time frame is overlapping with study. Any explanation required or its fine?

Thanks for your time.
No explanation is required in regards to overlap. I do hope you did not make the mistake of working full-time before applying for your PGWP.