+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship for Friend (online application)

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
Hello friends,

In my aplication for visitor visa, i got a question about a proof of relationship, but i'm going to visit my friend.
In the first interrogation symbol they said that can be a Invitation Letter, but on the aplication in the interrogation symbol ask for family documents. How can i prove friendship?
I have postal cards, packages and gifts, facebook registry of our friendship since Jan of 2015, phonecalls and some gifts.
I need show this on documents, or i upload the invitation letter again?

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello friends,

In my aplication for visitor visa, i got a question about a proof of relationship, but i'm going to visit my friend.
In the first interrogation symbol they said that can be a Invitation Letter, but on the aplication in the interrogation symbol ask for family documents. How can i prove friendship?
I have postal cards, packages and gifts, facebook registry of our friendship since Jan of 2015, phonecalls and some gifts.
I need show this on documents, or i upload the invitation letter again?

Thank you.
Hi,

An invitation letter from your friend will certainly help your TRV application.

There's no proof of relationship for friends. You can, however, include some evidence of emails/FB/chat transcripts

Cheers

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
I don't know why but now on my application i didn't change anything and only asked me Passport,Photo, family form and application form.
I'm applying from Brazil.
Yesterday they asked for proof of funds and more but not now, since i didn't changed the answers of questions.

jeansefan

May 11, 2017

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
Yes, i'm applying for a TRV. i'll post the process time here when i submit. I'm going to visit a friend, i have the invite letter, i have a stable job in my country, my company give me a letter saying that i'll be in vacation, and i'll receive salary and any financial support while i'm on Canada. But i have CAD 2,000.00 on my account. What is my chance to get a TRV visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. How long do you want to visit?
2. Do you have other ties/reasons to return home? For example, property/land ownership + dependent family members + financial investments?

You must also include:
For employment: Include 3-4 months pay stubs + 4 months bank statements (for salary deposits) + personal tax returns

CAD 2,000 is on the low side. An unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare. Do not show financial dependence on your Canadian friend. Do you have any other sources of income? Or financial investments as liquid funds available for your visit?

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
1. How long do you want to visit?
2. Do you have other ties/reasons to return home? For example, property/land ownership + dependent family members + financial investments?

You must also include:
For employment: Include 3-4 months pay stubs + 4 months bank statements (for salary deposits) + personal tax returns

CAD 2,000 is on the low side. An unofficial guide is CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare. Do not show financial dependence on your Canadian friend. Do you have any other sources of income? Or financial investments as liquid funds available for your visit?
1. I'll stay for 30 days in her house.
2. I have a job, i'll only be on vacation, i live on my mother's house yet. But i'm 23 years old, i don't have investment or property.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. A visit of 30 days is too long and indicates weak employment ties. Keep it to 2 weeks max.

2. Is your mom dependent on you financially? If yes, can you provide evidence of it.

IMO, as you are young, no previous travel history, no investments or property, low bank balance, etc your chances of getting a TRV approval are low. You may want to consider deferring your plans to visit Canada until you save up a bit more + you have few more stronger ties

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
Sorry but i'm brazilian, here in Brazil is a law have 30 days of vacation on any job, so do not represent weak ties, since will be analyzed for the consulate in brazil i think. shoud i reduce the time for 2 weeks?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry but i'm brazilian, here in Brazil is a law have 30 days of vacation on any job, so do not represent weak ties, since will be analyzed for the consulate in brazil i think. shoud i reduce the time for 2 weeks?
That will be true for vacations in Brazil and other countries which allow visitors for 30 days' vacations. However, for a TRV, it is different.

It's not just just about reducing the visit to two weeks. Your financial situation is not so strong + you are young + your first visit abroad + you don't have other strong ties too.

1. Would you be able to save up a bit more in the next couple of months? Maybe increase your bank balance to about CAD 4-5,000 without borrowing from anyone?
2. Is your mom dependent on you financially?
3. Do you have a must-return-by-date event? For example, a particular work commitment, or a wedding in the immediate family?
4. Have you enrolled for a study program? This can be a reason to return home

jeansefan

May 11, 2017
That will be true for vacations in Brazil and other countries which allow visitors for 30 days' vacations. However, for a TRV, it is different.

It's not just just about reducing the visit to two weeks. Your financial situation is not so strong + you are young + your first visit abroad + you don't have other strong ties too.

1. Would you be able to save up a bit more in the next couple of months? Maybe increase your bank balance to about CAD 4-5,000 without borrowing from anyone?
2. Is your mom dependent on you financially?
3. Do you have a must-return-by-date event? For example, a particular work commitment, or a wedding in the immediate family?
4. Have you enrolled for a study program? This can be a reason to return home
I need comeback to my work, my mother work so do not depend on me. I have a letter from the company i work saying that i'll comeback to my activities when finish, is a letter signed by director of the company.