+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship for common-law (lack of evidence)

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hey guys,
My application was delivered to IRCC on March 5, 2018. It has been about 11 days that I have received no response from them (no mail, no email). On the webpage about processing, they say that they have last updated (i dont know what this update means) on march 4.

What is going on? I also typed in my info on the online processing tool and nothing comes up.

thank you
Ask kcward said you still have a bit of a wait before you hear anything.

As for the march 4th on website that means they updated the info on there on that date..it's nothing to do with you, applications received on that date or your application.

SAMANTALA

Dec 20, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there:)

I am the applicant from Philippines and my partner sponsor in Alberta. We have submitted our Common-law Application November 20, 2017. Sponsor Approved January 30, 2018. And I already submitted my police certificates and medical done. Application was forwarded to Canadian Embassy Manila February 20, 2018 then March 15, 2018 I received an email Procedural Fairness, giving me 30 days to submit more proofs and explanation letter. I already worked on it, just waiting from my sister's statement letter from Japan to arrived this week before I can send my documents... Most of it are already sent in the application, just sending them again maybe some of it are misplaced.

These were all the documents we have;

• Explanation Letter
  • Statutory Declaration Common-law Union Form IMM5409
  • Rental Agreement by Landlord and 12 months house rent receipts
  • Joint Bank Certificate (it's late when we open an account,
  • ID government card showing same address (my postal id and sponsor alien residence card from Philippine Immigration)
  • Envelope showing same address ( letter of my friend Belen and sponsor lawyer envelope sent to our home address)
  • Internet & Landline bill showing same address (it's in my name)
  • Entry & Exit stamp on passport of Sponsor showing the 1 year stay
  • Flight Itinerary of Sponsor 1 year
  • Skype screenshots (of us talking to his friend Bob while he was with me in the Philippines, because his friend took care of his dog)
  • Pictures of 1 year together (48 pieces) (because the 20 photos that I sent before was since the beginning of our relationship to present)
  • Last Will Testament of Sponsor naming me as beneficiary
  • SSS or Social Security System of mine naming him as my beneficiary
  • and 10 statement letters from family and friends (the other 5 are new statement letters).

We lived together for September 1, 2015 to September 17, 2016 at rented house in Manila. Since the officer was requesting for common law proofs, I will submit the documents regarding common law, since I already submitted the other proofs of relationship in the application. My sponsor visited me 4 times, the 3 times were we stayed in the hotel and the 4th visit was we stayed together in the house rent..

Do you think the officer will now be satisfied? Especially the photos of 1 year, since we did a lot in the house like cooking, painting the ceiling, cleaning the ditch, etc...

Thank you for reading my post... :)

CarrieK

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Thanks so much for the advice guys!
I am still wondering whether I have to get my national identity document and birth certificate translated and notarized. I looked over the complete guide and they just say that I need to provide copies.
If I have to get them translated to english and notarized, does it have to be done in Azerbaijan? If yes then that sucks because I will have to wait a lot again since mailing them to canada will take a while :(
My husband sent copies of his Tunisian identity cards untranslated. It was accepted. Perhaps because it is mostly just country and dates they are concerned with...

Reactions: sarkhan9229

sarkhan9229

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Guys, My application has been returned to me because I was missing the police certificate from my country of origin. Either document checklist was not clear enough at explaining, or my interpretation of their explanation was not adequate.

Moving on, my parents will get my birth certificate translated and notarized in a few days. I was wondering if IRCC would accept a scanned copy of my birth certificate, i.e, my parents would scan it, send me online and I can get it color printed here and submit.
Mailing the original document takes a while and I am really impatient these days.

Thank you.