+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Relationship for Brother/Sister

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My name is MULLAIVIZI in my passport, but my birth certificate has a 'H' . It is MULLAIVIZHI . So there is a slight difference. It will take time to correct it. Can i proceed with passport as proof (mine and brother's)? With our parents name..
The register office is on indefinite strike
Yes, you can

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We applied first with my husband as principal applicant.Our visa was rejected stating my husband's travel history. He had travelled to Bangladesh in 2013, to attend a training in centre for vaccine studies.
Unfortunately, Bangladesh is not considered as 'Travel History'.

(I wonder why mine was also rejected stating travel history as reason- cause i have never travelled )
As you did not travel to visa-required countries, you were refused for 'Travel History' which BTW is a generic refusal reason. There could be other refusal reasons.

IRCC would like to see short visits abroad to be convinced that you/your husband have a history of returning home.

Now we have planned to apply with me as the principal applicant. This time they have not asked for travel history document.
Should we still add a letter of explanation giving details about my husband's travel history?
I recommend you assess your entire application as a complete package.... and not simply for the travel history refusal reason.

What ties can you and your husband demonstrate to your home country? Employment or business?
Do you own property or land? Or have a rent contract?
Are you leaving your minor children in your home country?
Do you have a good financial situation? Nothing borrowed?
How long do you intend to visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So should i mention the travel history in this new application?
Unfortunately, you seem to be missing the point(s).

Point 1:
Sometimes 'Travel History' is stated as a generic refusal reason in lieu of other refusal reasons. The actual reasons could be different. You must focus on your complete application when you reapply.

Point 2:
Bangladesh is not considered as 'Travel History' for a Canada TRV. It will have zero impact on your TRV application. This means your chances of getting a TRV approval will not increase if you mention your previous travel to Bangladesh

CocoLime

Feb 6, 2016
Hi all, I have questions on proofing the relationship with my brother. My brother is a Canadian. We both have birth certificates with our mom's name on it. My parents didnt have a marriage certificate at that time, so our birth certificates only show my mom's name. Do you guys think I could still use the birth certificates as a proof?

My mom and and brother also dont have last names (while I do). In my home country, last names are not mandatory to have. People can have single name or first and last names. What do you guys think? thank you!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all, I have questions on proofing the relationship with my brother. My brother is a Canadian. We both have birth certificates with our mom's name on it. My parents didnt have a marriage certificate at that time, so our birth certificates only show my mom's name. Do you guys think I could still use the birth certificates as a proof?

My mom and and brother also dont have last names (while I do). In my home country, last names are not mandatory to have. People can have single name or first and last names. What do you guys think? thank you!
Yes, you can. Your brother had declared you as his sibling when he applied for a visa/PR

MB8489

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
is it ok to show passport details of my sister with our parents names and my passport back bio page containing parents names as proof or sibling relationship

or .......should my sister produce her birth certificate and I must produce mine to show our sibling relationship based on parents info on our respective birth certificates

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
is it ok to show passport details of my sister with our parents names and my passport back bio page containing parents names as proof or sibling relationship

or .......should my sister produce her birth certificate and I must produce mine to show our sibling relationship based on parents info on our respective birth certificates
i don't think it is required to prove your relationship for applying TRV i didn't add any document related to my sister however i had her pr card passport and all details but i just wrote her details on family members page and that's all and then in whole application or form never mention her name or anything related to her only added her details on family info page Good Luck

satinderpal78

Sep 9, 2020
Dear Folks,

We are claiming 15 points of relatives as my blood relation, Sister, is Canadian citizen. We do not have birth certificates as those were never issued. My passport and my sisters Indian passport has my parents name but in my passport i have not used their last name. So its "Nav" in my passport
but "Nav seth" in my sisters passport. Can I still use passport as a proof of relationship? Kindly help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Dear Folks,

We are claiming 15 points of relatives as my blood relation, Sister, is Canadian citizen. We do not have birth certificates as those were never issued. My passport and my sisters Indian passport has my parents name but in my passport i have not used their last name. So its "Nav" in my passport
but "Nav seth" in my sisters passport. Can I still use passport as a proof of relationship? Kindly help.

1. Unlikely to be accepted, I think that you will find that a Birth Certificate of both you and your sister will be required.

satinderpal78

Sep 9, 2020
Hi

1. Unlikely to be accepted, I think that you will find that a Birth Certificate of both you and your sister will be required.
Actually our birth certificates were never issued and its not possible to get one now. Can an affidavit from my mother will be acceptable. This is how I intend to present

- An affidavit from mother stating that ____ and ___ are my son & daughter. There birth certificates were never issued and they are siblings in blood relation.
- To substantiate that her both name (with and without last name) are same, I attach government photo ID of mother. Her passport doesn't have last name but Voter ID/Aadhar card has last name.
- also I attach my and sisters academic certificates that has my fathers name.

please share your views if I can do anything differently.

Pratyay909

Dec 8, 2023
hello brother i am from india i put document proving his relationship with his sponsor he is in study visa studying in university of Alberta i have included his invitation letter with supporting document like study visa passport his adhaar card house rent with utility bill and his bank statement maintain $1000 is enough to proof of brother relation.

Application history
of PRATYAY RAY
  • Dec 06, 2023

We received your enquiry.

• Dec 06, 2023

We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.

• Dec 06, 2023

We received the passport photos you sent us.

• Dec 06, 2023

We received the document proving your relationship with your sponsor.

• Dec 06, 2023

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

• Dec 06, 2023

We sent you a message about your application
    Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.
  • Dec 06, 2023

Application received
    We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.
this is my application status i took it from Application Status Tracker as i biometric complete in 2021 because i make mistake first application and since i not get any response since 2 year so i withdrawal it this my second application now i make correctly by lot of guidance from many people.

Last edited: