+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of medical examination

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
I am confused... in the document checklist item 11 Proof of Medical Examination (Part 3: Country Specific Instructions), it states -

'Include for yourself and each of your family memebrs copy 2 of the Medical Report-Section A that the DMP will sign and give to you when you undergo the medical examination. See Appendix C for additional information.'

Do I fill out Appendix C and send this with my completed application? Or do I only fill this out and take this with me when I am called for a medical examination?

Appreciate anybodies help on this - it is the last part of the application I am usure of.

Thanks in advance,

wpsteel79

Portsmouth, UK

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wpsteel79 said:
Do I fill out Appendix C and send this with my completed application? Or do I only fill this out and take this with me when I am called for a medical examination?
Fill out Appendix C and bring that with you to your medical exam. The doctor will fill in a medical report and then give you a copy. That is what you submit with your application.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Take the medical form with you when you vist the DMP. They help you to fill everything out, and the DMP should sign it and give you your copy to include with your application. They'll then send the medical results with their copy to the correct place in London.

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
Thank you, yes I see the reference to IMM 3999, Part 2: Immigrant's Guide. How long will the medical examination be valid for?

wpsteel79

Mar 22, 2009
Anybody know how much this cost. Have been quoted £165 for appointment in Winchester and then £65 for x-ray and £35 for a blood test. Is all this necessary?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it IS absolutely necessary. If you don't do the tests, you don't get your medical certificate and you cannot apply to immigrate. It's that simple. Call around different DMPs to get different quotes. The DMPs set their own fees, not CIC. The cost varies a great deal from country to country.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
You better contact your DMP and ask for it. They should have given you what you needed to include with the application.

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
You get a specific piece of paper back from the DMP on the day. So if by "receipt" you mean the payment receipt from the cash register etc, no. The process is that once the medical is done, they send it to the visa office processing the application. When you send your application, they use the proof of medical from the DMP in your application, to match it against the medical results that the DMP sent in.

If your DMP didn't give this to you, contact them and ask for it.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Actually, the results of the medical exam are not sent directly to the visa office, they are sent to one of the Regional Medical Offices. When the visa office is ready to review the results, they request them from Regional Medical Office using that form you have to supply (IMM 1017)- it's a little form, the DMP will put your picture on it. Each of these forms has a unique number with barcode on it, so they can easily match it to the results of the exam.

This is the form you have to get from the DMP when you complete the medical exam. It looks something like this:

Without this, the visa office will have a hard time getting your results.

J

jdwhite21

I called the Dr's office and they told us they do 100's of immigration exams weekly and that receiving IMM 1017 is not necessary. They told us the receipts are good enough and they basically refused to give it to us.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
I spent 2 weeks arguing with the DMP here that they have to give me the form. They said they never give the applicant that form and that they don't even have that form, the applicant is supposed to bring it in. Which is true for most immigrants to Canada, but NOT for family class applications.
In the end, they figured out I was right and gave me the form I needed. Sometimes you just gotta be stubborn.

I don't know how you'll fare with your applicatiton, but I wish you the best of luck!

J

jdwhite21

Thank you for your support mitamata.
The people at the DMP's office refuse to see that we are right. Unfortunately, the office is an hr and a half away and I do not drive, otherwise I would just go to the office myself to ask for the form. Thats what we told them to was that we are family class and they said it doesn't matter they still won't give it to us... This is really frustrating..