13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
scorpion_ca said:
If the bank statements from 3rd world countries are not accepted as POF, why did the CIC issue visas after reviewing bank statements, which were submitted with applicant's application and later with PNWS? If visa officers weren't satisfied with those 3rd world countries bank statements, I believe they wouldn't issue the visas.

I would like to know the basis of this statement. Thanks!
Because at the time of application CIC simply want to know that the funding level is there. Some visa offices (particularly London, UK) will even accept equity in property as proof of funds at the application stage with no cash proof at all.

However, this is different to proof of funding at time of landing - when the requirement is that these funds will be readily available to the immigrant from the outset. CIC doesn't want funding tied up in non-easily transferable currency overseas and risk the immigrant being a drain on social services whilst they look for work in Canada. This is why they ask the funding is in an easily-transferrable currency - preferably CAD, but GBP, USD or Euro are also acceptable.

Bank statements from non-Canadian banks are usually accepted IF the balance is in one of these four currencies, and this is a major international bank (HSBC, for example). Statements from smaller, local banks on other countries are less likely to be accepted.

It is very common not to be asked for POF. I believe the immigration officers only ask a small selection as a spotcheck to deter people entering without sufficient funding.

In answer to your other post, yes, you can "risk it" and it is likely that you will not be asked for POF. But if you are one of the people asked, then you can be denied entry, and if you are not able to enter Canada without a visitor visa you will have no choice but to travel back to your own country. Not a risk worth taking IMO :)

Wayne.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Cappuccino said:
Because at the time of application CIC simply want to know that the funding level is there. Some visa offices (particularly London, UK) will even accept equity in property as proof of funds at the application stage with no cash proof at all.

However, this is different to proof of funding at time of landing - when the requirement is that these funds will be readily available to the immigrant from the outset. CIC doesn't want funding tied up in non-easily transferable currency overseas and risk the immigrant being a drain on social services whilst they look for work in Canada. This is why they ask the funding is in an easily-transferrable currency - preferably CAD, but GBP, USD or Euro are also acceptable.

Bank statements from non-Canadian banks are usually accepted IF the balance is in one of these four currencies, and this is a major international bank (HSBC, for example). Statements from smaller, local banks on other countries are less likely to be accepted.

It is very common not to be asked for POF. I believe the immigration officers only ask a small selection as a spotcheck to deter people entering without sufficient funding.

In answer to your other post, yes, you can "risk it" and it is likely that you will not be asked for POF. But if you are one of the people asked, then you can be denied entry, and if you are not able to enter Canada without a visitor visa you will have no choice but to travel back to your own country. Not a risk worth taking IMO :)

Wayne.
Very well explained Wayne. Rated u one up.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know applicant shouldn't take any risk after waiting a long time for PR. There are many things that can be happened. But was there anyone denied to enter in Canada due to POF? Do you personally know anyone? I prefer true real life experience instead of assumption such as risk it or can be denied entry. Thanks!

Cappuccino said:

Wayne.

Karwa Sach

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
I know applicant shouldn't take any risk after waiting a long time for PR. There are many things that can be happened. But was there anyone denied to enter in Canada due to POF? Do you personally know anyone? I prefer true real life experience instead of assumption such as risk it or can be denied entry. Thanks!
I know one person who did not have sufficient funds upon entry.he just had the bank statement and he was given 5 or 6 working days to transfer/show funds.but it was a long ago so i dont know the current criteria

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Is it really ture that one doesn't need PRC application at POE?
If so, when it's done?

dubaiite

May 3, 2011
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2012
LANDED..........
24-3-2013
mr_rana said:
Is it really ture that one doesn't need PRC application at POE?
If so, when it's done?

It will be done automatically by Immigration officer upon Landing

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
@dubaiite....many thanks!

Vitalia

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
Dear Everyone,

I'm new in this forum and just wanted to know the following
I will apply as FSW in May, I'm interested to know do I have to have the bank statement as POF for a period of time before I apply?
If that's the case, please let me know for how long?
I've read the official sites for immigration to Canada and could not find this information.

Thanks in advance. :)

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
scorpion_ca said:
I don't personally know anyone - but you are just as capable of trawling through Google trying to find real life examples and I am, with respect. Happy hunting :)

Wayne.

mic_silas

Mar 18, 2012
@Cappucino and Qorax...tanks for the comment. Can you confirm if bank statement of Standard Chartered bank will be accepted.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
mic_silas said:
@ Cappucino and Qorax...tanks for the comment. Can you confirm if bank statement of Standard Chartered bank will be accepted.

If this is Standard Chartered PLC, then it is listed on the London stock exchange and is in the FTSE 100 Index, and does seem to be internationally recognized.

In which currency is the account?

Wayne.

shibu

May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear sir

I have approx. $2000 CAD In cash which was gifted to me by my In laws Can i declare them as proof of funds?I am getting DD of Forex made from ING Vyasa Bank Which is an indian bank.Will there be any problem to declare it as proof of funds? How much cash we can take with us (we are family of four).

Thanks

Matar

Star Member
Nov 13, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/8/2007
Doc's Request.
25/9/2009
IELTS Request
30/09/2010
Med's Request
17/7/2012
Med's Done....
14/9/2012
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
5/3/2015
One question:
I am planning to land for the first time as FSW (me+ wife+ 2 child), but for a while (3 weeks) then fly back to the residence country (KSA) for one year and then return back to Canada for good. Should I carry the full POF with me for the first landing??

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matar said:
One question:
I am planning to land for the first time as FSW (me+ wife+ 2 child), but for a while (3 weeks) then fly back to the residence country (KSA) for one year and then return back to Canada for good. Should I carry the full POF with me for the first landing??
Yes, you must.....that is the REQUIREMENT.

Mitali

obaied

Dec 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,all forum members,
i am new here, am going to apply this year in FSW .

can any one pl help regrading POF.

My wife will be a PA and we r going to show my Account which is my trading firm account (on my name) as a POF.

now my question? is can i show this acnt as a POF?

need help from expert/seniors member