15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
scorpion_ca said:
I am not sure you are from which country but if are from Bangladesh, there is a currency restriction in Bangladesh and you will not be able to bring required funds in Canada legally. If you are unable to bring required funds, you might need to show the proof of that rules at the port of entry. There is a circulation from Bangladesh Bank dated on August 27, 2012.

Sent you PM. Can you please send the circular. Thx

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Now LONDON (Since 30 June 2010)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
COMPLETE APP FILE ON MAY 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
PNP NOMINATION APRIL 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
Submiit with appliication
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1, SEPTEMBER 2012, PPR-2 in THE SAME MONTH
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on october 16th 2012
PQR said:
instead of sending email you must send a Case Specific Enquiry,

Do as your Visa office advise you but you have to hurry
Thanks

I have sent case specific inquiry also.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Prince_Raj said:
Dear Sir Qorax;

Thank you for response.

I am based in Pakistan & My Visa office is London, information / data printed on the Visas are correct and updated, furthermore as per local law passports can not be courier out side the country, however COPRs can be sent.

Should I send COPRs only, to London with the photocopies of the visas on passports along with cover letter ?

your kind response is awaited.

REGARDS
Aren't u a PPR-1 / PPR-2 case? If so, didn't u submit ur pps to CHC-Isb?

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
qorax said:
Aren't u a PPR-1 / PPR-2 case? If so, didn't u submit ur pps to CHC-Isb?
Yes I did submit pps to CHC ISb,

Should I submit both (PPS & COPRs ) back to CHC ISB, since It looks that COPRs are issued by London VO & forwarded by CHC Isb?

Regards.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Prince_Raj said:
Yes I did submit pps to CHC ISb,

Should I submit both (PPS & COPRs ) back to CHC ISB, since It looks that COPRs are issued by London VO & forwarded by CHC Isb?

Regards.
Call CHC-Isb and ask them if submitting 'only' the COPR with them would be enough. U'd then get all ur answers. Probably just the COPR might work.

bafh

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-March 2010
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
20-4-2012
Med's Done....
15-5-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012 submit in 2-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2012
LANDED..........
Dec.Calgary
Dear Qurax
thank u generous help to all
to proof of fund I intend to send my Bank Statement( with passports) which is show that I have just deposited $25000cad and I also intend to attach a sold contract of my land(+my land ownership document before and after sold) to proof the source of my money . my inquire isه it sufficient for V.O that I have just deposit the money before 2 days only ? (this is the first time they ask me to proof of my fund )
please if u can advise me quickly as I have to send them Immediately

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
qorax said:
Call CHC-Isb and ask them if submitting 'only' the COPR with them would be enough. U'd then get all ur answers. Probably just the COPR might work.
GRATE QORAX

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

That is what i was considering to do.

THANKS AGAIN

KIND REGARDS

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
Could someone guide me regarding proof of landing funds.

1) Can we take all cash in UAE Dirhams? ::) I mean would UAE Dirhams be accepted by the Immigration Officer at landing or the cash has to be in Canadian Dollars only?

2) How much cash has to be shown at landing for a family of 3 (that is me, my wife and child) and is there a maximum limit to carry cash?

nnpp

Aug 17, 2012
An URGENT query to seniors,

I have relative in USA, who are ready to send amount in Canada for show money, but if they send to me in Karachi, that is US$20,000.- there will be 1) huge transaction charges by Western Union or Hawala whatever, and 2) It will be tough for them to show this huge amount to transfer for their tax purposes. So please advice if there is a possibility to open an account in Canadian Bank (suggest any please) and ask them to deposit the amount there and there and I may show the bank statement on arrival as proof of funds, is it possible and okay if yes how and if not is there any other way to get the funds from USA to Canada as show money on arrival?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nnpp said:
An URGENT query to seniors,

I have relative in USA, who are ready to send amount in Canada for show money, but if they send to me in Karachi, that is US$20,000.- there will be 1) huge transaction charges by Western Union or Hawala whatever, and 2) It will be tough for them to show this huge amount to transfer for their tax purposes. So please advice if there is a possibility to open an account in Canadian Bank (suggest any please) and ask them to deposit the amount there and there and I may show the bank statement on arrival as proof of funds, is it possible and okay if yes how and if not is there any other way to get the funds from USA to Canada as show money on arrival?
First, couldn't you open a Canadian HSBC bank account via one of the HSBC branches in pakistan?
Secondly, couldn't your relative in USA drive to the nearest HSBC branch in Canada and deposit the money in-person to your newly setup Canadian HSBC bank account?
Third, you can show relevant statement to the BSO at the POE that the proof of funds are in your Canadian HSBC account already when you land.

aana

Nov 15, 2010
Dear Qorax,
Will my investments in various mutual funds in India be considered good for PoF? I have been having these for the past several years (through systematic investment plans). FYI, these investments are quoted daily and can be liquidated on a daily basis.
Regards

Canada082012

Aug 14, 2012
I plan to land in Canada at the end of Nov 2012 by myself at Vancouver port of entry, I'm currently worrying about the proof of landing fund, my country (Viet Nam) only allows to bring a maximum of $5000/person out of the country, so I'm wondering if this amount is sufficient? Is there any other way I can show proof of fund? I will call the bank in my country soon on Monday to know if there is any other way to bring more thang $5000 out of the country, but in the mean time from what I read the new law only allows maximum of $5000/per person which worries me alot.

Could you please provide me any advices regarding my situation? thanks

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2012 (received by CHC London 30/1) ecase med rcd updated 19/4
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
By Lord Krishna's grace 17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3 nov, Canada address on ecase 10 Nov, visa issued 10/11
LANDED..........
27th Dec 2012, by Lord Krishna's grace
qorax said:
master qorax,

the below is an extract from your initial post about background checks.

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >.

Here you have mentioned security check after PPR, does this mean there could me more checks even after PPR? Please if you could explain. Many thanks

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
News Release — Canada welcomes largest number of parents and grandparents in almost twenty years

Up to 35,000 parents and grandparents to be reunited with families

Mississauga, November 5, 2012
— After the first year of the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification, major progress has been made in reuniting families more quickly and reducing the backlog of Parent and Grandparent (PGP) program applications, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today.

The 2013 Levels Plan, which was tabled last week, includes the admission of 25,000 parents and grandparents for the second year in a row, for a total of 50,000 between this year and next. This is a 60 percent annual increase from 2010 and the highest level in nearly two decades.

The Action Plan also took immediate steps to address a backlog of PGP applications that had ballooned to approximately 165,000 applicants, with wait times stretching to an unacceptable eight years. By the end of this year, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) expects to have reduced the backlog by about 20 percent. Of the applications cleared from the backlog, the majority met the requirements of the program and have been approved.

Furthermore, there has been strong uptake of the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which allows parents and grandparents to visit Canada for up to two years at a time. The Super Visa is very popular, with over 10,000 Super Visas being issued since its launch in December 2011, and the acceptance rate is high at 87 percent.

“We listened to Canadians who told us the old program with eight-year wait times just didn't work,” said Minister Kenney. “The Harper Government's actions to fix the old broken program are working. Given the popularity of the Super Visa and planned permanent admissions of 25,000 in 2013, we expect to reunite up to 35,000 parents and grandparents with their families next year. This is a significant achievement and the highest number in nearly two decades.”

On March 23, 2012, CIC launched national public consultations on the redesign of the PGP program. Minister Kenney hosted roundtables with stakeholders and public online consultations were launched. The online consultations ran until May 25, 2012, and received a total of 6,444 responses, the highest number of responses ever received by CIC through an online consultation. A detailed summary of the results of the online consultations will be available shortly on CIC's website.

For the PGP program to be sustainable, it must be redesigned to avoid future backlogs. The redesigned program must also be sensitive to fiscal constraints, bearing in mind Canada's generous public health-care system and other social benefits.

“As we work to dramatically reduce the backlog and wait times, work on the redesign of the PGP program is progressing well,” added Minister Kenney. “As promised, within the next year we expect to launch a modernized PGP program, one that ensures that future applicants are processed quickly and that the program operates on a sustainable basis.