Passport Req..
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2012
LANDED..........
Plan on next March 2013...Pray for me
nkshumon said:
Dear Qorax,

IM from bangladesh , few days before i got my visa stamped in passport and thanks to allah . By the Im confused about POF because from Bangladesh there is a limit about caring cash from here to any country , like anyone would take highest 5000 $ so its gonna difficult for me to show my pof ,as you said 3rd country bank statement is not allowed ,then if i endorsed 5000$ to my wife and son though its become 15000 , Is it ok ? or do you have any idea about this situation ? Thanks in advance ..

NKSHUMON
Dear Qorax,
Would you please opine about this posted by Mr. NKsumon? Because I am also live in Bangladesh and it's take too much charges for making bank draft etc. There is also some imposed limitation of transfer money as travel cheque by Bangladesh Govt. So please try to figure out our problem of POF. I have a plan to land Canada on next March. Thanks in advance for your meticulous reply.

with regards
drnavmz

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
tokon said:
Thanks Rocky!!! This mail is helpful to understand the POF docs at POE.
Dear qurax,
I ve two kids.in total we are 4. If I take 10000$ cash/TC and and show rest 10000$ bank statement
Is it ok or I ve to take 20000$ cash/TC
Anwar
Thanks in advanced for your valuable reply

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
anwar405z said:
Dear qurax,
I ve two kids.in total we are 4. If I take 10000$ cash/TC and and show rest 10000$ in a bank statement
Is it ok or I ve to take 20000$ cash/TC
Anwar
Thanks in advanced for your valuable reply
Should be Ok if the Bank Statement is of an US / UK or a prominent International Financial Institution's.
But, avoiding a bank statement is always wise.

anwar405z

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
20-07-2010
IELTS Request
11-08-2010
File Transfer...
08-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2012 (dated 06-07-2012)
Med's Done....
19-07-2012 (Doc send 25-07-2012)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Allah Knows
LANDED..........
March-13
qorax said:
Should be Ok if the Bank Statement is of an US / UK or a prominent International Financial Institution's.
But, avoiding a bank statement is always wise.
you are so helpful.... I made my decision after getting your comment. I will take 20,000$ by cash/TC, don't loose my dream PR for silly matter.
Regards
Anwar

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anwar405z said:
you are so helpful.... I made my decision after getting your comment. I will take 20,000$ by cash/TC, don't loose my dream PR for silly matter.
Regards
Anwar
I am not sure you are from which country but if are from Bangladesh, there is a currency restriction in Bangladesh and you will not be able to bring required funds in Canada legally. If you are unable to bring required funds, you might need to show the proof of that rules at the port of entry. There is a circulation from Bangladesh Bank dated on August 27, 2012. Try to find out. However; if you want a copy, please pm me your email address and I will forward you a copy.

What do you think if you are caught with excess funds at the Dhaka airport? I think you would be convicted criminally in BD. I could be wrong. If you are convicted criminally in BD for money laundering, what would be the consequences? I do not want to scare anyone here.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]This is one of the reasons I requested Mr. Qorax to justify his statement.

Quote from: qorax on April 15, 2010, 10:30:23 am
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'. --[size=10pt][size=10pt]HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY THIS STATEMENT? DO YOU HAVE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT SOMEONE WAS DENIED DUE TO POF?
[/size]

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Now LONDON (Since 30 June 2010)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
COMPLETE APP FILE ON MAY 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
PNP NOMINATION APRIL 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
Submiit with appliication
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1, SEPTEMBER 2012, PPR-2 in THE SAME MONTH
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on october 16th 2012
Dear qorax:

I have a situation kindly advise:

They have pasted my photograph on my wife's COPR letter and her photograph on mine.... :eek:

Should I need to notify them about the mistake or I may land with the same COPRs?

Regards

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would just like share the experience of a friend who landed in Toronto last month.
Being two family members, he was required to have POF in excess of 13700 $ but he was carrying only 9000 $ to avoid that declaration issue. He was asked about how much funds he was carrying. He simply revealed the amount of 9000. Nobody questioned him for having less POF. He has received the PR card as well.

scorpion_ca said:
I am not sure you are from which country but if are from Bangladesh, there is a currency restriction in Bangladesh and you will not be able to bring required funds in Canada legally. If you are unable to bring required funds, you might need to show the proof of that rules at the port of entry. There is a circulation from Bangladesh Bank dated on August 27, 2012. Try to find out. However; if you want a copy, please pm me your email address and I will forward you a copy.

What do you think if you are caught with excess funds at the Dhaka airport? I think you would be convicted criminally in BD. I could be wrong. If you are convicted criminally in BD for money laundering, what would be the consequences? I do not want to scare anyone here.

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]This is one of the reasons I requested Mr. Qorax to justify his statement.

Quote from: qorax on April 15, 2010, 10:30:23 am
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
-Do we take the Bank Statement or otherwise ?

How Much needed to Show at the Airport/POE :
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'. --[size=10pt][size=10pt]HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY THIS STATEMENT? DO YOU HAVE ANY CONCRETE EVIDENCE THAT SOMEONE WAS DENIED DUE TO POF?
[/size]

mogliboy04

Apr 10, 2012
Dear Qorax, need your help.

I am going to land in canada next month. I have total 3 family members including myself.

I am required to bring $17,000/-.

Is it ok if i carry 14,000 $ by DD and rest of the amount by cash, since i will need that cash money in the first month for settlement issues. While DD clearance will take around a month.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mogliboy04 said:
Dear Qorax, need your help.

I am going to land in canada next month. I have total 3 family members including myself.

I am required to bring $17,000/-.

Is it ok if i carry 14,000 $ by DD and rest of the amount by cash, since i will need that cash money in the first month for settlement issues. While DD clearance will take around a month.
The 80:20 rule !
-80% in DD
-20% in cash

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dear qorax:

YOUR EXPERT ADVISE IS AWAITED FOR THE FOLLOWING SATIATION:

LVO has pasted my photograph on my wife's COPR letter and her photograph on mine....

I have notified them by e-mail but no response as yet

Regards

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Prince_Raj said:
Dear qorax:

YOUR EXPERT ADVISE IS AWAITED FOR THE FOLLOWING SATIATION:

LVO has pasted my photograph on my wife's COPR letter and her photograph on mine....

I have notified them by e-mail but no response as yet

Regards
U r required to "return" ur pps + COPR to ur VO under a cover letter. They'd rectify the same and issue fresh COPRs. U cannot fly with this faulty COPR.

Pls take action asap.

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
qorax said:
U r required to "return" ur pps + COPR to ur VO under a cover letter. They'd rectify the same and issue fresh COPRs. U cannot fly with this faulty COPR.

Pls take action asap.
Dear Sir Qorax;

Thank you for response.

I am based in Pakistan & My Visa office is London, information / data printed on the Visas are correct and updated, furthermore as per local law passports can not be courier out side the country, however COPRs can be sent.

Should I send COPRs only, to London with the photocopies of the visas on passports along with cover letter ?

your kind response is awaited.

REGARDS

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Prince_Raj said:
Dear Sir Qorax;

Thank you for response.

I am based in Pakistan & My Visa office is London, information / data printed on the Visas are correct and updated, furthermore as per local law passports can not be courier out side the country, however COPRs can be sent.

Should I send COPRs only, to London with the photocopies of the visas on passports along with cover letter ?

your kind response is awaited.

REGARDS
instead of sending email you must send a Case Specific Enquiry,

Do as your Visa office advise you but you have to hurry

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
anwar405z said:
Regards
Anwar
just reminding, if you are from Bangladesh, you can not take more than USD5000, whatever excess you want to take should be undeclared, you can keep in cash with you but this can not be declared at Dhaka airport. At the same time for 4 member family it is important to take CAD20000, it is for your own survival purpose, doesn't matter if the immigration officers at POE, canada allows you with lesser amount.
And anything more than CAD10000 must be declared at POE, canada. It is illegal if you carry more than CAD10000 and do not declare.