waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
qorax said:
1. U don't require to fill-in the form E677. A BSO @ Customs Desk [not the Immgr. Desk], after the baggage carousel, will do it 'online' for u, if they so deem fit. All u fill-in is the 'Declaration Card' [compulsory step]. And contrary to what is going around here -- pls 'tick' the $10K box... don't imagine a 'distributed figure' between your family members... 'coz for 'record of landing' the dependents of yours have no locus standi... they r part of u, as one family unit immigrating to Canada.

2. Yes, the Gold Bars should be listed in the GAL [Goods Accompanying List]. Moreover, u should also note down their description, Ser. Nos. & make. And that 50:50 is a wise way of bringing-in your funds.

Qorax
Thanks a lot Qorax for clearing the confusion.Please tell me one more thing.......
Is it necessary that the draft for POF should be of Principal applicant's name or can be of spouse name as my spouse will be having an account in Canada .(I have to come back to middle east).
Regards & Thanks.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
qorax said:
Exemption from POF [Settlement Funds] requirement is specific to FSW class, as the category of "arranged employment" is defined as part of the selection grid for FSW-2 applicants; as such the exemption does not apply to PNP class.

However, as there is no separate link on POF for PNP applicants, because the required amounts are the same, there is thus, a grey area of assimilation/ understanding. The guide surely asks us to submit our POF statement during applying... and it has been observed over the forum/s that CHCs have been asking 'updated POF' during the meds. It's another matter that while 'landing' many BSOs overlook this step.

For FSW see IRPA Regulations sections 75-85 (section 82 for Arranged Employment, and paragraph 76.1.(b)ii for exemption from settlement funds requirement). PNP class is dealt with in section 87.

Basically, as PNP applicants, if you encounter a BSO @ the POE who follows the law to the letter, you are most likely to be asked for POF, regardless of your employment/work permit status in Canada. From a logical point of view, it doesn't make much sense to demand POF from PNP applicants who are mostly nominated for the economic potential they represent for the provinces. But I guess the Feds wish to hold onto this bit of authority over the provinces.

Hope that helped,
or rather confused the issue further !

Qorax
My beloved Qorax I must say a big thank you now my mind calms down. I will be landing in couple of weeks time. Though heading to Winnipeg but will land 1st in Toronto den after landing proceed to Winnipeg.
Thank u Qorax. Dan

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
goodwill said:
Thanks a lot Qorax for clearing the confusion.Please tell me one more thing.......
Is it necessary that the draft for POF should be of Principal applicant's name or can be of spouse name as my spouse will be having an account in Canada .(I have to come back to middle east).
Regards & Thanks.
It [the draft] can be in anyone's [accompanying dependent's] name as long as that pax is opening an a/c. 'Coz, it'd be deposited 'only' in the a/c of the payee.

Qorax

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goodwill said:
Regards & Thanks.
Goodwill,

Just sharing this couple of lines with you... (Yesterday, I did my landing)

I filled the Declaration Form and I was the one who declared the whole amount. when I passed the Secondary Section (Customs), The Officer asked if I was carrying the amount I wrote down on the DC, to what I replied YES SIR... No more questions... No checking of my belongings.... Welcome to Canada... 75 minutes all together as they were so many people arriving...

SFD

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

I need your advise on POF. As i am from INDIA.

What if i carry Travel cash card (Axis bank/ICICI Bank/HDFC bank) provide to buy & withdraw money in ATM in Canada as POF ?

Do they accepted as POF ?

Also what if i have USD with me to show them as POF ? Do they accept USD as POF ?

What is good option Bank Draft or TC ? from cost-benefit wise ?

Please advise me.

Regards
Mayank

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
I can confirm that when we landed we were not asked to show proof of settlement funds. We had transferred the bulk of our savings into a HSBC Canada account and had a printout of the internet banking balance along with our HSBC UK statements and receipts from our money transfer company, so we had everything to prove our funds if we were asked, but they didn't ask us for anything.

They just asked how much cash we were carrying (which was just a few hundred dollars).

I found it odd they did not ask for the goods to follow list. When we queried it, they said that we did not need that until we actually ship our goods, and they gave us an information sheet about it.

Took us about 2 hours from when the plane landed to have our record of landing complete with immigration since it was very busy and there was an entire plane load of students from Shanghai all queuing at immigration for their student visas! Once we finally got to see an immigration officer it only took about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the process.

Wayne.

goodwill

Star Member
Jun 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad/london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
4-6-2009
AOR Received.
19-06-2008
IELTS Request
already given
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
17-10-2010
Med's Done....
15-11-2010
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
15-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-6-2011,d/m 28-06-2011,got passports back 6-07-2011
LANDED..........
inshalla in mid september 2011
SFD said:
Goodwill,

Just sharing this couple of lines with you... (Yesterday, I did my landing)

I filled the Declaration Form and I was the one who declared the whole amount. when I passed the Secondary Section (Customs), The Officer asked if I was carrying the amount I wrote down on the DC, to what I replied YES SIR... No more questions... No checking of my belongings.... Welcome to Canada... 75 minutes all together as they were so many people arriving...

SFD
thanks sfd for sharing ur experience.....hope we get smooth landing as well.... :)
Good luck for your job hunting!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mayankpandya said:
Dear Qorax,

I need your advise on POF. As i am from INDIA.

What if i carry Travel cash card (Axis bank/ICICI Bank/HDFC bank) provide to buy & withdraw money in ATM in Canada as POF ?

Do they accepted as POF ?

Also what if i have USD with me to show them as POF ? Do they accept USD as POF ?

What is good option Bank Draft or TC ? from cost-benefit wise ?

Please advise me.

Regards
Mayank
1. In my understanding, that Travel Card will not be accepted.
2. Settlement funds in USD, GBP, Euro & [off course] CAD r acceptable.
3. A bank draft [over TC] is a wiser option.

Qorax

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Qorax,

I am sorry its not Travel Card but its Forex Card ? Any idea on it.

Regards
Mayank

qorax said:

Qorax

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayankpandya said:
Dear Qorax,

I am sorry its not Travel Card but its Forex Card ? Any idea on it.

Regards
Mayank
Agreed with Qorax this card won't be accepted. What proof you will have that you have money in card. Immigration officers won't be going with you to ATM machines to see if you can take money out.

Thanks

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
qorax said:

Qorax
Also bank statements are accepted if they are from either a Canadian bank (HSBC Canada, Scotiabank etc) or from a globally recognised international bank. I know quite a few people who have successfully used bank statements as proof of funds.

However, if your bank is not a global bank then bank statements are probably not a great idea so bank draft or traveller's cheques would be better.

Wayne.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Any idea on Forex Card ? With Forex card one can shop & withdraw CAD from ATMs.

Regards
Mayank

Cappuccino said:
Also bank statements are accepted if they are from either a Canadian bank (HSBC Canada, Scotiabank etc) or from a globally recognised international bank. I know quite a few people who have successfully used bank statements as proof of funds.

However, if your bank is not a global bank then bank statements are probably not a great idea so bank draft or traveller's cheques would be better.

Wayne.

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I can confirm that when we landed we were not asked to show proof of settlement funds. We had transferred the bulk of our savings into a HSBC Canada account and had a printout of the internet banking balance along with our HSBC UK statements and receipts from our money transfer company, so we had everything to prove our funds if we were asked, but they didn't ask us for anything.

They just asked how much cash we were carrying (which was just a few hundred dollars).

I found it odd they did not ask for the goods to follow list. When we queried it, they said that we did not need that until we actually ship our goods, and they gave us an information sheet about it.

Took us about 2 hours from when the plane landed to have our record of landing complete with immigration since it was very busy and there was an entire plane load of students from Shanghai all queuing at immigration for their student visas! Once we finally got to see an immigration officer it only took about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the process.

Wayne.
Did you get the CBSA agent to stamp your 'goods to follow list'? I recall that I had the same treatment when I landed the first time but the Agent stamped the list (kind of grudgingly though) without checking. On my second trip however (about 2 months later), there was an extensive scrutiny of my luggage and a comparison with the list. The peculiar thing was that the unstamped copy of the list that was on my person was not accepted. Luckily for me, my wife came with the stamped copy to receive me at the airport and saved me a lot of hassles. This was at Calgary Airport.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mayankpandya said:
Any idea on Forex Card ? With Forex card one can shop & withdraw CAD from ATMs.

Regards
Mayank
IMO any plastic money will not be accepted. To make sure you can check with your visa office / CIC.

Thanks