+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of 'Landing Funds" >>>

hfcanada

Dec 14, 2010
Cappuccino said:
I can confirm that when we landed we were not asked to show proof of settlement funds. We had transferred the bulk of our savings into a HSBC Canada account and had a printout of the internet banking balance along with our HSBC UK statements and receipts from our money transfer company, so we had everything to prove our funds if we were asked, but they didn't ask us for anything.

They just asked how much cash we were carrying (which was just a few hundred dollars).

I found it odd they did not ask for the goods to follow list. When we queried it, they said that we did not need that until we actually ship our goods, and they gave us an information sheet about it.

Took us about 2 hours from when the plane landed to have our record of landing complete with immigration since it was very busy and there was an entire plane load of students from Shanghai all queuing at immigration for their student visas! Once we finally got to see an immigration officer it only took about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the process.

Wayne.
Hi Wayne , Thanks for sharing this information. if we are transfering the funds to canada local bank and carry bank statement do we need to declare that we are carrying more than 10,000 $ ? and do we need to fill out form E677 ? Please suggest.

Austinshasi

Sep 27, 2010
Hi ! We are just about to arrive to Canada on the 22nd of Sept. Is the declaration card that I have been reading in this forum gonna be given in Canada and be filled in there? Also, I don't have any goods to follow, will it be okay if I stated that I have no more goods to follow in the form? I'm sorry, just a little confused and thanks on whoever could enlighten me. God bless.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Austinshasi said:
Hi ! We are just about to arrive to Canada on the 22nd of Sept. Is the declaration card that I have been reading in this forum gonna be given in Canada and be filled in there? Also, I don't have any goods to follow, will it be okay if I stated that I have no more goods to follow in the form? I'm sorry, just a little confused and thanks on whoever could enlighten me. God bless.
Usually, it's given by the Airlines personnel once on board. If you have no Goods List to Follow, just stated that. I didn't have nothing to follow, so the officer told me not to worry... Nothing else my dear.

It's a very simple process, no hurdles, no issues if you have your papers in order.

Good luck

SFD

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
hfcanada said:
Hi Wayne , Thanks for sharing this information. if we are transfering the funds to canada local bank and carry bank statement do we need to declare that we are carrying more than 10,000 $ ? and do we need to fill out form E677 ? Please suggest.
Hi - not to my knowledge. You only need to declare actual CASH you are carrying. If you transfer funds and then take a Canadian bank statement, that statement is not cash.

Anyone landing in Canada should be asked on their landing card how much cash they are carrying anyway.

Being asked to prove settlement funds for immigration purposes is a different thing.

You can carry on amount of cash but it is an offence not to declare it if it is more than $10,000 CAD.

Wayne.

montu

Jun 24, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
london``
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2010
Doc's Request.
8thjuly2010
AOR Received.
22-11-2010
IELTS Request
àt the time of application
File Transfer...
22-11-2010 to lon vo
Med's Request
21-3-2011
Med's Done....
22-6-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in oct 2011
Cappuccino said:
I can confirm that when we landed we were not asked to show proof of settlement funds. We had transferred the bulk of our savings into a HSBC Canada account and had a printout of the internet banking balance along with our HSBC UK statements and receipts from our money transfer company, so we had everything to prove our funds if we were asked, but they didn't ask us for anything.

They just asked how much cash we were carrying (which was just a few hundred dollars).

I found it odd they did not ask for the goods to follow list. When we queried it, they said that we did not need that until we actually ship our goods, and they gave us an information sheet about it.

Took us about 2 hours from when the plane landed to have our record of landing complete with immigration since it was very busy and there was an entire plane load of students from Shanghai all queuing at immigration for their student visas! Once we finally got to see an immigration officer it only took about 10 to 15 minutes to complete the process.

Wayne.
Dear Wayne,

congratulations on yr safe landing. i wish to know that (after reading yr post on goods to follow)-
can we send the cargo before i land (1 day before) .do i have to pay them duty on geting my goods realesed at the airport? can i do it myself or i need some agent?

regards

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
montu said:
Dear Wayne,

congratulations on yr safe landing. i wish to know that (after reading yr post on goods to follow)-
can we send the cargo before i land (1 day before) .do i have to pay them duty on geting my goods realesed at the airport? can i do it myself or i need some agent?

regards
I think if the cargo arrives before you land they keep it in holding until you have completed your record of landing.

Get your goods list stamped when you land and with that list you should be able to release your goods without paying import tax.

Wayne.

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
Hi Seniors and Experts,

I have a huge query to ask. Please guide me with the best of your information.

My case is at RBVO stage. Me and my wife has applied for PR jointly. I will be blessed with the child anytime within next 20 days.

Is it mandatory to update CIC and what effect would it have on my case. like FUNDS REQUIRED, IMMIGRATION FEES AND DELAY IN PROCESSING TIME.

Vikas

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vikas123 said:
Hi Seniors and Experts,

I have a huge query to ask. Please guide me with the best of your information.

My case is at RBVO stage. Me and my wife has applied for PR jointly. I will be blessed with the child anytime within next 20 days.

Is it mandatory to update CIC and what effect would it have on my case. like FUNDS REQUIRED, IMMIGRATION FEES AND DELAY IN PROCESSING TIME.

Vikas
1. As the baby is born - u r required to 'add' him/her into your case file.
2. For which u have to send in an application, pp copies, pics & fees.
3. Then s/he would be asked for his/her meds.
4. U might be asked to send-in updated POF [adding the new family member to the CIC table for funds].
5. Once the meds r over, u r likely to receive everyone's PPR in 12-16 weeks.
6. There won't be any significant delay.

Qorax

vikas123

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
India Gate, Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2011
Doc's Request.
with application
AOR Received.
done
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
done
Med's Done....
done
Interview........
done
Passport Req..
done
VISA ISSUED...
done
LANDED..........
done
qorax said:
1. As the baby is born - u r required to 'add' him/her into your case file.
2. For which u have to send in an application, pp copies, pics & fees.
3. Then s/he would be asked for his/her meds.
4. U might be asked to send-in updated POF [adding the new family member to the CIC table for funds].
5. Once the meds r over, u r likely to receive everyone's PPR in 12-16 weeks.
6. There won't be any significant delay.

Qorax
Thank You so Much Qorax for your kind help and information. Kindly let me know what is meds. and it may take 2 month for his/her passport to get issued. so, should I add him/her in my case file.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
vikas123 said:
Thank You so Much Qorax for your kind help and information. Kindly let me know what is meds. and it may take 2 month for his/her passport to get issued. so, should I add him/her in my case file.
Meds = Medicals
As soon as u receive the baby's pps -- send in his/her application.

Qorax

launeq

Sep 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
octobre 2010
AOR Received.
octobre 2010
hello!

I've just read a post of Qorax mentioning that:the POE isn't interested to know how & from where u obtained the POF. Till the time u have a bank draft of the required amount u r free to go.

so does it mean that if from the moment i sent my POF to the Quebec department, still when i am beeing asked again for it, i had use an important part of that money. , i can just drop the required money in my account ? let's say one of my relative gives me the necessary amount,not to take it back later on.

Or ask someone living in Canada to open a account for me right there with sufficient money inside?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
launeq said:
hello!

I've just read a post of Qorax mentioning that:the POE isn't interested to know how & from where u obtained the POF. Till the time u have a bank draft of the required amount u r free to go.

so does it mean that if from the moment i sent my POF to the Quebec department, still when i am beeing asked again for it, i had use an important part of that money. , i can just drop the required money in my account ? let's say one of my relative gives me the necessary amount,not to take it back later on.

Or ask someone living in Canada to open a account for me right there with sufficient money inside?
The POF we r referring to here is the Settlement Funds. Yes, if u have a draft, or a pre-opened Canadian bank A/c statement, or some TCs -- the BSO@POE isn't interested to know its source.

The POF with apps is another matter altogether.

Qorax

launeq

Sep 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
octobre 2010
AOR Received.
octobre 2010
qorax said:
The POF we r referring to here is the Settlement Funds. Yes, if u have a draft, or a pre-opened Canadian bank A/c statement, or some TCs -- the BSO @ POE isn't interested to know its source.

The POF with apps is another matter altogether.

Qorax

Thank you for the explanation.
since am new to this forum i will admit that there is a lot of terms that i don't know the meaning. like: POE, BSO. please can you help me to discover their meanings?
would be also interested to know the difference between the "POF with apps" and the one you were talking about(settlement funds) was thinking that those two was actually kind of the same.

Tank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
launeq said:
Thank you for the explanation.
since am new to this forum i will admit that there is a lot of terms that i don't know the meaning. like: POE, BSO. please can you help me to discover their meanings?
would be also interested to know the difference between the "POF with apps" and the one you were talking about(settlement funds) was thinking that those two was actually kind of the same.

Tank you.
In the foregoing post...
POE = Port Of Entry [ie. a Canadian Airport or Border Post]
BSO = Border Security Officer [colloquially called an IO (Immigr. Officer) or Customs Officer //basically a CBSA officer (Canadian Border Security Agency)]
Settlement Funds = the amount/s we need to demonstrate@the Canadian entry point [Airport or Road Border Post]
POF with Apps = the Proof of Funds we submit alongwith our application [usually a 3-6 month's bank statement]

Hope that clarified !
Qorax

launeq

Sep 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
octobre 2010
AOR Received.
octobre 2010
qorax said:
In the foregoing post...
POE = Port Of Entry [ie. a Canadian Airport or Border Post]
BSO = Border Security Officer [colloquially called an IO (Immigr. Officer) or Customs Officer //basically a CBSA officer (Canadian Border Security Agency)]
Settlement Funds = the amount/s we need to demonstrate @ the Canadian entry point [Airport or Road Border Post]
POF with Apps = the Proof of Funds we submit alongwith our application [usually a 3-6 month's bank statement]

Hope that clarified !
Qorax

yeahhhh it's clear now. ;D

Thank you very much !!!