+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

ed_1214

Jul 21, 2007
Can I show my children's college educational plans and my pension plan as a proof of funds aside from our bank statements? My wife and I are both working and we will be receiving enough moneys if we decide to quit our current job. This will happen only if our application for permanent resident is approved.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
ed_1214 said:
Can I show my children's college educational plans and my pension plan as a proof of funds aside from our bank statements? My wife and I are both working and we will be receiving enough moneys if we decide to quit our current job. This will happen only if our application for permanent resident is approved.

Hi ed_1214

I do not think you can take neither your Children’s college plan, nor your pension plan either

Please take a look on the CIC web page

http://cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

good luck
Eduardo

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
ed_1214 said:
No. You need to show liquid funds. Pension plans and educational plans are not liquid.

malwa09

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends !
Just need some information regarding proof of funds.

I provided the proof of funds in the form of Fixed Deposit(FD) but the FD benefits are very negligible. Now I want to break those Fixed Deposits and convert them into other(Better) Fixed Deposits.

My point is that, will it be OK if I do so and send them(CIC, New Delhi) with new FD papers or shall I wait till the end of the process.

I will be glad to have any advice.

regards and good luck to all.

malwa09

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
ed_1214 said:
No you can't. You have to show the POF once you file your app, before visa issuance and upon landing.