+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds ?

varinder kaur

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
M still nt clear. I meet cec now nd waiting for pnp. So what i need to show if yes then how much? M married. Spouse is nt here

sujeetraja

Oct 28, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
Two opinions on this.

Personally I think POF has to be in the PA's name as CIC explicitly asks for that.

Others are of the opinion that Spouse funds can be showcased and some provinces allows you to do that as well. At the same time, some provinces allow you to showcase jewelry valuations as well which CIC doesn't allow as POF.

Your call.
This means that I might have to transfer the fund to my wife's name, as we are not planning to go for provincial nomination program. Will it be ok that I transfer the funds to her name after I get the invitation. We will be openings a fixed deposit in that case.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
sujeetraja said:
This means that I might have to transfer the fund to my wife's name, as we are not planning to go for provincial nomination program. Will it be ok that I transfer the funds to her name after I get the invitation. We will be openings a fixed deposit in that case.
I think its ridiculous. If you want you can make that account joint between you and your wife since you are both immigrating! But transferring money to her account? and what are you gonna say? that its a gift to your wife? this is just silly.

chaudhary0701

May 9, 2015
I got joint bank accnt on my name and my wife's name and I maintain balance in joint accnt. So is this going to make any problem?????

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
I think its ridiculous. If you want you can make that account joint between you and your wife since you are both immigrating! But transferring money to her account? and what are you gonna say? that its a gift to your wife? this is just silly.
True. Extremely silly.

Take a hypothetical case though. PA applies to CIC showcasing POF in spouse's account. Something goes terribly wrong while the application is under process. PA and spouse separate and spouse wants to be removed from the application. PA has to agree because they can't impose their will on the spouse. PA sends a CSE to CIC asking for spouse to be removed. CIC promptly removes the spouse from PA's application while simultaneously rejecting the PA because the POF is no longer available to them. PA can send a substitute POF at that point in time but if they had it all along then they would've sent it to CIC in the first place. End result, PA gets rejected. If the PA had got a letter from the spouse saying that this was a gift which need not be returned in addition to physically transferring the funds to an account owned by the PA alone, CIC will have no concerns on the POF front even if the spouse is removed from the application.

There is a reason CIC asks for POF explicitly from the PA and this might be the reason. I don't claim to know their inner workings and, like I said earlier, some provinces allow joint accounts, spouse accounts, jewelry valuations, property valuations to be used as POF while CIC doesn't. Yet again, these are the facts and it is now the OP's call.

sujeetraja

Oct 28, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
True. Extremely silly.

Take a hypothetical case though. PA applies to CIC showcasing POF in spouse's account. Something goes terribly wrong while the application is under process. PA and spouse separate and spouse wants to be removed from the application. PA has to agree because they can't impose their will on the spouse. PA sends a CSE to CIC asking for spouse to be removed. CIC promptly removes the spouse from PA's application while simultaneously rejecting the PA because the POF is no longer available to them. PA can send a substitute POF at that point in time but if they had it all along then they would've sent it to CIC in the first place. End result, PA gets rejected. If the PA had got a letter from the spouse saying that this was a gift which need not be returned in addition to physically transferring the funds to an account owned by the PA alone, CIC will have no concerns on the POF front even if the spouse is removed from the application.

There is a reason CIC asks for POF explicitly from the PA and this might be the reason. I don't claim to know their inner workings and, like I said earlier, some provinces allow joint accounts, spouse accounts, jewelry valuations, property valuations to be used as POF while CIC doesn't. Yet again, these are the facts and it is now the OP's call.
This is making it more worse then. I was told by my consultant that the POF should either be in the name of PA of the spouse. What should I do know. The current POF, which is in my name, is a fixed deposit that will mature in the month of october 2015.

So how do i go about, now that my wife is the primary applicant.

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
Asivad Anac said:
Two opinions on this.

Personally I think POF has to be in the PA's name as CIC explicitly asks for that.

Others are of the opinion that Spouse funds can be showcased and some provinces allows you to do that as well. At the same time, some provinces allow you to showcase jewelry valuations as well which CIC doesn't allow as POF.

Your call.
I have cross-checked this with my Immigration-consultant and he has shown me the CIC-checklist which clearly identifies that Proof of fund should be in the name of the PA, and could be in the form of Savings/Current-bank account balance & Fixed-deposits.

I have been asked to submit only Statements which have PA or PA+Spouse to substantiate proof of funds.

Please, dont take risks, be safe.... try to create a Fixed-deposits and show it in your name rather than Letters from Father and Bank-managers.

My take, on it...maybe I am playing too safe.

All the best guys,

Shah

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
rafzy said:
Thanks Asivad Bro for your quick response :)

I have one more follow-up question... My father also has an account just in his name with a balance of more than 130,000 CN$.

As suggested by my father, that he can provide me with a declaration form/paper that 30000 CN$ from this account can be used by me for the purpose of immigration application and he will have no problem with it.

Is it possible i can also use this as a proof or should i go with the joint bank account statement thing as suggested by you earlier ?
Dear Rafzy,
I dont want to compete with senior-members, but my take would be...follow the CIC guidelines and dont leave anything on the VO's imagination and discretion.

If i may suggest, dissolve your joint account, and generate a Fixed-deposit in your name, and show that as proofs to the VO.
That would be safe since the Fixed-deposit would have a lock-in period till its maturity...and Only you can encash it...so there is no way the accessing officer could reject it.

However, do your bit of research and all the best.

Shah

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
ohmygoditsdhaval said:
Dear Rafzy,
I dont want to compete with senior-members, but my take would be...follow the CIC guidelines and dont leave anything on the VO's imagination and discretion.

If i may suggest, dissolve your joint account, and generate a Fixed-deposit in your name, and show that as proofs to the VO.
That would be safe since the Fixed-deposit would have a lock-in period till its maturity...and Only you can encash it...so there is no way the accessing officer could reject it.

However, do your bit of research and all the best.

Shah
I don't see any issue with joint account.
I am a joint account holder and I submitted my PoF for PNP from the same joint account and it was just a bank letter.
They didn't say anything.
I used the same joint account for my parents visitor's visa and they got the visa.
I believe joint account not only shows your PoF but it also verifies the genuinness of your marriage.

ohmygoditsdhaval

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
04-02-2017
se7en said:
I don't see any issue with joint account.
I am a joint account holder and I submitted my PoF for PNP from the same joint account and it was just a bank letter.
They didn't say anything.
I used the same joint account for my parents visitor's visa and they got the visa.
I believe joint account not only shows your PoF but it also verifies the genuinness of your marriage.
I think RAFZY is talking about his Joint account with his Parent (Father in this case)
As mentioned by you, if someone holds a joint account with spouse and both are immigrating, then it surely would be accepted.

But an account with Non-Immigrating person (Parent/brother/sister/partner...etc) would leave a lot on the VO's discretion and increase the risk in the game.

We all want to play safe...Right.??