+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
I am putting things together to forward my application under the skilled worker. I am currently in Canada under the post graduate work permit. Can some one tell me if the proof of funds required should be a letter from the bank stating the amount of money in the account or a printed bank statement of my account will do. I have a paperless bank account with TD Canada Trust.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For Canadian bank account, a bank statement is enough. Did you look into if you qualify to apply under PNP international graduate in your province? It should be faster than FSW.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks Leon for the info. The Ontario PNP is an excllent way but the problem is securing a permanent job. I have had some job offers but they are all on contract. So not to waste time until a permanent job is secured, I am thinking of applying through the Skill worker program. Is it possible to change if I am able to secure a permanent job?

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
martha marita said:
i think u will not need proof of funds just pay your processing fee and send it.

Thanks Martha, a friend had told me I needed a proof of funds. I am confused. Pls help???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do both FSW and apply through PNP at the same time, then cancel the slower application when the other reaches the stage of medicals. Other people have done this. You would have to pay the processing fee for both applications though and you don't get it back if you cancel. A one year contract job may qualify for ON PNP international student, decided on a case by case basis, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/English/PNPstudents.asp

If you have a job already, you don't need funds, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp where right under the table of amounts it says "You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
Leon said:
You can do both FSW and apply through PNP at the same time, then cancel the slower application when the other reaches the stage of medicals. Other people have done this. You would have to pay the processing fee for both applications though and you don't get it back if you cancel. A one year contract job may qualify for ON PNP international student, decided on a case by case basis, see http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/English/PNPstudents.asp

If you have a job already, you don't need funds, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp where right under the table of amounts it says "You do not have to show that you have these funds if you have arranged employment in Canada."

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate your guidelines

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Disclosure of funds
If you are carrying more than C$10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

cash
securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills) or
negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

The above information from CIC website, I wonder, C$10,000 is for each person in a family or all members in a family? Who knows exactly about this, please share!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

mmaganti

Oct 9, 2008
If you're sending the application to Buffalo, with a work permit, since you don't need to show proof of funds, what do you put down on the E37048 Appendix A checklist for Question 11. Settlement funds?

Thanks!

i-c-stars

Oct 12, 2008
Hi there,
My family and I are in the process of getting ready to apply for permanent residency in Canada under Skilled Worker.

I have a quick question regarding the funds - Is it true that you don't have to show proof of funds if you acquire arranged employment (for the main applicant)?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes it is true but the federal skilled worker class is up in the air right now. New rules are being applied to all applications since February 27 but they have not been posted yet. So far as we have heard, they have already made up a list of 38 professions for the FSW program and people not in those professions may not be able to apply. Nobody will really know until we see the new rules after the election. If we keep the same government, the new rules may be posted soon. If there is a new government, it may not be a priority to them and then nobody really know what will happen. In any case, hold off on your application until the rules come out or instead of trying to get a job offer and AEO to use for the applicaiton, instead try to get a job offer and LMO so you can get a temporary work permit and bring your whole family over and apply for PR later through a provincial nominee program.

New Horison

Star Member
Sep 13, 2008
Hi,

I already applied in 2007, will the new rule affect my application? I have just found out a job and the emplyer say he will send the job offer soon after I receive the AEO.

please be advised!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied in 2007, you are under the old rules. I think you need the job offer to get the AEO though, not after.