+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds urgent guidance needed

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all .
I'm in Canada . I have a family of 4 , I need to prove that I have more than 22000.
I don't have that in my account . The average balance over last 6 months is between 7000-10000.
I do have some cash that I want to deposit but im afraid that might cause me problems with cic. What shall I do ? My current balance is 9000 cad short of the 22000 needed. I can deposit cash and pass that figure but shall I deposit them multiple times in small amounts like 3 deposits of 3000 or shall I just dump the whole 9000.?? Or any other suggestion guys plz . It's the last thing holding me back before submitting

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Show just the funds you have in the bank now using the bank certificate/letter. Support that with other evidence including your work authorization status, job offer letter showing salary details, salary credits, pay stubs and tax assessment forms along with an LOE which highlights that you are financially capable of supporting your family in Canada. That should suffice.

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Show just the funds you have in the bank now using the bank certificate/letter. Support that with other evidence including your work authorization status, job offer letter showing salary details, salary credits, pay stubs and tax assessment forms along with an LOE which highlights that you are financially capable of supporting your family in Canada. That should suffice.
Thank you for the reply

Can I send them my wife bank status ?

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
CIC explicitly asks for POF from the PA alone.
Thanks again

I read through the forum and noticed that advice was given that I can transfer money from someone else's bank account provided I show them an affidavit.

Can someone confirm this ?

If true , how is this affidavit done . I'm in Canada and I want to transfer the money from my wife's account .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
Thanks again

I read through the forum and noticed that advice was given that I can transfer money from someone else's bank account provided I show them an affidavit.

Can someone confirm this ?

If true , how is this affidavit done . I'm in Canada and I want to transfer the money from my wife's account .
You don't need an affidavit. It can be a signed self-declaration from the donor which explicitly states that this particular transfer (mention transfer details including date, bank accounts, amount, wire transfer reference number etc) is meant to be a gift and not a loan hence need not be returned. Upload that along with the POF.

That should suffice.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Hi need an advice the proof of funds are in my name and i am not the primary applicant my wife is and the proof of funds are although a year old but not in my wife name what can I do transfer those funds inon her account but then that would not be 6 months old.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyvin said:
Hi need an advice the proof of funds are in my name and i am not the primary applicant my wife is and the proof of funds are although a year old but not in my wife name what can I do transfer those funds inon her account but then that would not be 6 months old.
That is fine. The 6 months requirement is only to confirm that the funds aren't borrowed for POF purposes. In this case, you can submit a signed self-declaration which explicitly states that the funds are being transferred to your spouse as a gift and not a loan hence they need not be returned to you. That would suffice.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
That is fine. The 6 months requirement is only to confirm that the funds aren't borrowed for POF purposes. In this case, you can submit a signed self-declaration which explicitly states that the funds are being transferred to your spouse as a gift and not a loan hence they need not be returned to you. That would suffice.
Thanks really ... Can I transfer the funds in her account and give the letter at the time I am submitting the final application ....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyvin said:
can I convert the savings account into a joint account with all the fixed deposits in her name
That will be fine as well. Even then you will have to give a signed self-declaration that you have no reservation against your spouse using the monies available in the joint account as POF.

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
You don't need an affidavit. It can be a signed self-declaration from the donor which explicitly states that this particular transfer (mention transfer details including date, bank accounts, amount, wire transfer reference number etc) is meant to be a gift and not a loan hence need not be returned. Upload that along with the POF.

That should suffice.
Thank you again
Does this self declaration have to be through a notary public or lawyer or is it a pdf that i download and ask my wife to read and sign ??
help here plz

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h2omd said:
Thank you again
Does this self declaration have to be through a notary public or lawyer or is it a pdf that i download and ask my wife to read and sign ??
help here plz
This self-declaration can be in a 'To whoever it may concern' format composed on a word document, printed out and signed by your wife. Doesn't need to be notarized.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivac, could you please help me to understand the proof of funds requirement for CEC

1. Majority of member here says for CEC, the POF is not mandatory, you can put zero or whatever in your EE profile as long as you can prove it
2. All of member here says POF is mandatory for FSW. Minimum amount as per LICO applies
3. Unknown percentage of member here says, either for FSW or CEC, POF applies. Conclusion is complicated with LMIA arranged employment. Some people sez POF doesn`t apply only for those with LMIA but the fact is even those with LMIA are still required to provide POF
4. All this fuss about POF drives me crazy.

Could you please clarify this. God bless your heart