+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds requirements - Explained

Mila_S

Aug 20, 2019
Hello everyone
We have a financial problem in Lebanon now and the government is applying Capital Control.
My AOR is september 23, and i was wondering if i can take the money of PoF from the bank and keep it at home in case the bank went bankrupt. I don't want to lose my money but I'm afraid IRCC might ask for an updated bank statement later.
Anyone had to deal with such problem? Would IRCC accept any other proof in that case? Thank you for your help

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Do we need to maintain funds for 4 months old baby in an account who received ITA.
You need to maintain funds as per the number of people in the family. So if it is you, your spouse and your 4 month old baby, you need to maintain funds for 3 people. Age of the child is not a factor.

cpilotto91

Feb 5, 2020
One question.
If I have an Open Work Permit and I am working in a NOC B position with a salary way over the amount they require, I still need to prove that I have the 16k in a bank account? Or will the job offer be enough to prove that I will make enough money to live here?

Thank you

waliyah

Feb 7, 2020
Please I have an enquiry,I recently moved to Saudi Arabia and just opened an account about few weeks ago because the bank I owned in my home country claimed I can’t get an account certificate showing proof of fund via mail.so I intend to use the new account I opened here in Saudi Arabia,will there be any issue using a new account for proof of fund?

waliyah

Feb 7, 2020
Also can my husband give me gift deed If he is not accompanying,I don’t want to use his account as there will be sudden huge transaction into the account from families and friends hence might cause some doubt.is it possible for him to transfer the money gotten from several people to my account as a gift deed.Thanks in advance

shadi_jawhar

Feb 6, 2020
Hello everyone
We have a financial problem in Lebanon now and the government is applying Capital Control.
My AOR is september 23, and i was wondering if i can take the money of PoF from the bank and keep it at home in case the bank went bankrupt. I don't want to lose my money but I'm afraid IRCC might ask for an updated bank statement later.
Anyone had to deal with such problem? Would IRCC accept any other proof in that case? Thank you for your help
What happened with this?
I am in a similar situation...

shadi_jawhar

Feb 6, 2020
I got the ITA last week,
I am planning to submit my medical tests and all papers next week.
I am concerned for proof of funds. Do you think a letter and bank statement from Bank in Lebanon will work without issues?
I read someone saying that capital control may cause some issues?
When did you submit your AOR? It will takeI think 5 to 8 months to get the PPR...

SanjanaB20

May 15, 2020
Hi guys...I need a clarification please..I have already provided our proof of funds at the time if application..Do we have to show our proof of funds again once we have been granted PR?

Reactions: arvindman