+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds requirements - Explained

arvindman

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Hi guys...I need a clarification please..I have already provided our proof of funds at the time if application..Do we have to show our proof of funds again once we have been granted PR?
No, you need not but until you land, the funds should be there in your account. Officer at Port of entry may ask- it's totally up to him, no obligations.

Reactions: SanjanaB20

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
No, you need not but until you land, the funds should be there in your account. Officer at Port of entry may ask- it's totally up to him, no obligations.
Just to add to it....at the time of landing you must have the minimum required funds for your application type (single or with dependents), not the entire amount declared on your PR applicaiton. It is a long time between the time you applied and the time you land and people have expenditures.

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hi, I saved my money in an insurance saving plan (http://singlife.com/) that can be liquidated anytime. However, they don’t provide any kind of “bank statements” as they are not really a bank. So, I cannot show the average historical balance on a formal letter. How can I proceed with this account as POF?

There are two things that I can think of that might work:

1. Can I do a “self-gift deed” from this account to another “usual” bank account with bank statements when I got an ITA?
  1. There is an activity statement or transaction history from the web browser. Can I possibly use this?

I use this insurance saving plan to deposit my money since it gives 1.5% interest annually. The usual bank account only gives 0.5% interest annually.

wafasalih11

May 12, 2021
Also can my husband give me gift deed If he is not accompanying,I don’t want to use his account as there will be sudden huge transaction into the account from families and friends hence might cause some doubt.is it possible for him to transfer the money gotten from several people to my account as a gift deed.Thanks in advance
Hello, can you please tell me what did you do and how did it go? I'm in a similar situation.

YHA92

Apr 4, 2023
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10-05-2023
Med's Done....
18-04-2023
Passport Req..
16-06-2023
LANDED..........
03-12-2023
Hello.

For the POF, I have more than the amount needed (~17K CAD), noting that I am going alone (no spouce or children). However that money has been gradually increasing in my account, since my salary is wired there directly.
The thing is, this account is fairly new (opened it in July 2022), so I cannot show that I've had this money for that long, but it has been gradually increasing every month until I have reached the needed amount.

I cannot get a POF from another bank because my old bank accounts are closed and previous savings are forzen (financial crisis, lost all the money I had at the bank).
Would that be a problem showing that I've only had the sufficient funds for 2 months in a row?

Also, I have already provided pay slips from my current employment showing my monthly salary, and that my banking informaiton changed on the pay stubs.