+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds (PNP/CEC)

Gagandeep1

Jul 24, 2018
Hi! if one is PNP as well as CEC. ITA also mentions both and giving points for both. Which rule will apply? PNP or CEC? PNP demand POF and CEC exempts it.

avn2992

Aug 30, 2019
Ontario
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-08-2019
Hi! if one is PNP as well as CEC. ITA also mentions both and giving points for both. Which rule will apply? PNP or CEC? PNP demand POF and CEC exempts it.
My ITA only shows Approved under PNP. I mentioned $5000 in Alberta application. I am eligible for PNP, CEC, And FSW. i called CIC but no luck. Any suggestions how much should i show in my account for Express entry, because i do not have more than 6000 in my account.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!
Thank you for your reply. I applied for “Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry” which tied up with Express Entry Program. (You must meet one of EE stream eligibility to apply) I can see my application process on my EE account, so I believe my application is being processed under EE..
Hi, I am in same boat, can you please let me
Know if I need to show funds as I am cec

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Thank you for your reply. I applied for “Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry” which tied up with Express Entry Program. (You must meet one of EE stream eligibility to apply) I can see my application process on my EE account, so I believe my application is being processed under EE..
Hey what happened to your case? How much funds did you put?

jovialrish

Oct 13, 2020
Hi, I am in same boat, can you please let me
Know if I need to show funds as I am cec
Its completely based upon the ITA. If it says you are invited under CEC category than funds are not required. If it says anything else like PNP or FSW then proof of funds is required. Having met any category and getting those points is a different thing but if you are not invited under CEC than it doesnt matter.

heysoumen

Oct 13, 2020
Well, it depends on what PNP stream you applied under. In Ontario, the Human Capital Priorities stream is one of only two Express Entry PNP streams. They draw you from the EE pool (you don't apply directly).

Getting a PNP from any of the other streams usually means you're no longer applying through Express Entry, which means you're not applying through the CEC. In that case, your proof of funds is typically your job offer (OINP nominees do not need an LMIA job offer to qualify, a regular one is fine).
PNP applicant will need to assessed under any of EE stream i.e CEC, FSW or FST. If applicant do qualify for CEC stream then he/she doesn't need to show PF; this includes PNP applicants

heysoumen

Oct 13, 2020
It happened the almost exact thing to you:
i didn't have enough score, so I was invited by BC to apply for their EE stream and got 600 points. I also thought that I was invited through CEC, so I only submited a LOE that I was applying under that stream, hence a POF was not required, and just reviewed today my ITA and it says PNP and not CEC.
Apparently you don't need to be CEC only, it might even apply for other programs, the only prerequisite is that you have a valid job offer, plus a valid work permit, according to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."
I am assuming that if you were invited by Alberta, then you do have a valid job offer, so I guess there is nothing to worry.
You don't need POF under PNP (CEC)

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
You don't need POF under PNP (CEC)
Hi

I know this is an old post. However, I need help please. I currently have $0 in my EE profile. I'm qualified for CEC. However, I'm a nominee for Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry which require no POF at this level. I work in NS. Do I have to include POF for my PR application?

Can you please direct me to where it says.

@heysoumen @rkant.rs

diyaa110

Nov 10, 2011
Hello all
I have submitted PNP application for SINP.
In that for proof of fund I had shown my savings account statement.
If my application accept by Saskatchewan govt, then I need to apply for PR visa in cic right?
During that time do I need to submit fund proof again?
I have the same question. Do people nominated through non-express entry PNP need to provide proof of funds at PR stage as well? And if so, are the rules the same? (For eg I showed my employee provident fund + savings account as POF), will the same funds/documents be acceptable to CIC too?

PNPimmigrant

Mar 8, 2023
Hello. I googled 100times but still can’t find my answer. I hope somebody here helps me out!

My EE profile is eligible for Canadian Experience Class. However, i didn’t have enough score to get ITA, so I applied for Provincial Nominee Program and I have been invited under Provincial Nominee Program.
In this case, do I need to show my proof of funds? CIC says you don’t have to show proof of funds under CEC, but doesn’t say about PNP.

Thank you in advance!

Good day, you must have gotten your PR by now. I wonder, what document did you put in the proof of funds section as a PNP in EE?

Thank you,

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I'm also in the same situation.Got invited through PNP though I'm eligible for CEC and FSW.
Should I show POF?

PNPimmigrant

Mar 8, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I'm also in the same situation.Got invited through PNP though I'm eligible for CEC and FSW.
Should I show POF?
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.

syamili

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.I will also upload an explanation letter.

Govardhan7

Star Member
Jan 8, 2020
Hello I am qualified for CEC under Express entry profile, However my scores are not high, and I was invited by Alberta PNP, I Accepted PNP received 600points through which I received ITA and applied for my PR I Also received my AOR. Based on you answer I understand we don't have to show POF could you please confirm the same..? Note: I did not show any POF.