+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds (PNP/CEC)

Limmigrant

Sep 25, 2023
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.
any updates? did you get your PR yet?

abzil

Sep 28, 2023
Hello guys I will really appreciate any satisfying answer for my question.

My case is different. I am outside Canada. I applied PNP and got approved and currently I am in PR stage. I completed my medicals and Biometrics. Now i am waiting decision made.

My concern is this. In my PNP and PR applications I indicated that I have the required funds (debt free) for my case.

My questions
What am I supposed to do with this money when I come to canada?
When am I supposed to transfer this funds to my account in Canada?
What type of method is used to transfer the funds to Canada?

Thanks

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Good morning, I was in this situation too. I called 2 different agents at IRCC. Te first one didn’t seem so knowledgeable and said if I was asked, I should provide documentation. The second agent also wasn’t knowledgeable but did conduct a thorough research to know exactly what to do in this situation. The second agent told me after the research that I do not need to provide documentation and I should include a letter explaining I am eligible. So I did, I included the letter and submitted my PR application 3 weeks ago. So far no issues have come up. The latest update is me passing my medicals.
Thanks