+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds not sufficient and no job and about to land. HELP

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
Aloha

We have just been approved PR via PNP Ontario Stream (via paper based).

My question is regarding POF when flagpoling (We are inland)

1. At time of application processing ,I had full time job and was working in skilled position and had enough money in bank as well that I showed along with my pay stubs as proof of funds. A couple of months ago , I was laid off from work and on E.I currently. Can I show 35% of required POF from my bank and rest from E.I payments that I am receiving now? (hopefully, I'll have another job lined up in a month or so)

2. if yes, from above what should I show as proof of funds I..e amount that I receive or Service Canada online account details etc?

P.S We have valid Open Work permits and were international students (applied under International Student Stream in OPNP)

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
Hi,

Unfortunately I can't help you, I'm personally "a step" behind..

I'd like to know however how long did it take you from the day you applied till the approval, the federal portion that is.
I'm about to send my application for PR (paper based, international student with job offer), and I see IRCC states 15 months.

Your experience?

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
If you go to the border, there is a very high chance that the officer won't ask for financial documents. So don't worry abt it.

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
Thanks Karenv

Yes,i can see that many people were't even asked for POF but at the same time I see people who have been specifically asked to show PoF ,so much so one person had to show his account details by logging in to bank app from phone as the officer otherwise wouldn't allow to land him.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
You can ask your family members to lend you some money. If it's not feasible, you have no choice. So just do the landing with what you have and be confident. Wear appropriately and you will be fine.

I think you can bring the bank statements that you sent to OPNP previously and explain your situations if the officer asks for the current statement. If your PNP is not based on job stream, you should be fine.

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
Thanks Karenv for detailed response

At this point its very difficult to arrange funds. We only have around 7K at the moment. At the time of application I showed 10K plus income from job.
I am under PNP (international student) which didn't require job offer. I like your point regarding looking confident and neat outlook that certainly helps to a certain degree in situation like that.

What do you think landing at Rainbow bridge on foot vs by car would be good?
or
Peace bridge by car?

Thanks

PS I had one dependent at time of application but 2 now (so fund requirement has changed from 12000 to 18000CAD) as well

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I hope you declared your new born regardless of his/her nationality when you applied for federal. The border staff will ask you if you have any change in your family composition for sure.

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
after our little one was born (which was very close to when we were about to receive PPR) we sent IRCC birth certificate and IRCC let us know that their record is updated with our family composition. So we took care of that aspect....
Issue of PoF is the only ghost that is haunting us at the moment, though we are looking to just take a chance. Lets hope for the best.