+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds less than 6 months bank statement?

ikikik

Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

I received my ITA today and need help for the following-
1. I had a checking account and it had deposits from my salary but i never maintained funds in that account. I have opened a savings account to show proof of funds and have the minimum reqd funds. But my bank account is new and i will not have 6 months bank statement to submit. I will have 5 months statements only. What to do in this case?
2. Do i just mention minimum funds reqd as per my family size or we have to show more than the funds specified as per the minimum?

Thanks for the help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
1. As long as the funds have not originated from a loan or borrowed funds, you are good to go. You can either submit the letter from the bank with the 5 months statements or wait for a month to submit your eAPR as by then you would have completed 6 months. Anyway you get 90 days to submit your application.

2. Mention at least the mininum, anything above is OK, but will not give you any additional points. Round off and mention the amount as per the family size.

ikikik

Mar 26, 2018
Thank you for the help.
My 5 months for bank will get completed by june and that is the time i have to submit my documents.

Also, do i need to submit transcripts along with ECA report?

Thank you

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Thank you for the help.
My 5 months for bank will get completed by june and that is the time i have to submit my documents.

Also, do i need to submit transcripts along with ECA report?

Thank you
The funds not being 6 months old is not a problem as long as you can substantiate it in the LOE.

Check the instructions, next to the education documents upload button. There is no harm in uploading it, sometimes they ask for it as ADR. I would have uploaded it.

ikikik

Mar 26, 2018
I have another question. Its asking me to fill out details of my immediate family. So should i fill out details of my parents and siblinga also. They are not part of my pr application.

Sen88

Star Member
Sep 16, 2019
Is it applicable for SINP also? I heard that they are exactly expecting 3 months balance when we apply at the initial stage. Please advise me

BussyBaby

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Hello,

I received my ITA today and need help for the following-
1. I had a checking account and it had deposits from my salary but i never maintained funds in that account. I have opened a savings account to show proof of funds and have the minimum reqd funds. But my bank account is new and i will not have 6 months bank statement to submit. I will have 5 months statements only. What to do in this case?
2. Do i just mention minimum funds reqd as per my family size or we have to show more than the funds specified as per the minimum?

Thanks for the help.
Hi, I am in a similar situation here. I only have 5months statements with my complete proof of funds. Did you eventually upload this? Looking forward to your response