+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - Landing from US

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hi all

My husband and I are planning to land in toronto from US soon.
My query is to show the proof of funds can we take bank statement? Will it also be considered as proof of fund?

Please reply and inform me.

Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl said:
Hi all

My query is to show the proof of funds can we take bank statement? Will it also be considered as proof of fund?

Thanks
Following link will be helpful for you
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39318.0.html

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl said:
Hi all

Thanks
A bank statement is sufficient for POF while the PR application is under process.
While landing you should bring the funds to Canada in any form such as cash,DD or TC according to your convenience.
Perhaps (?), the bank statement may work while crossing the boarder, but may be refused too..., it depends.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl said:
Hi all

Thanks
Bank statement may not be enough, At PoE you need to show that you are carrying that money to Canada. But in most cases they do not ask to show PoF

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its has been recommended by seniors that its convenient to carry 80% in the form of TC/DD and 20% cash of the amount specified for your POF. Wish you a safe landing

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
US bank statment is not acceptable, carry cash, DD or if you have account in Canadian Bank (Like Scotiabank account statement) then that Bank statement will acceptable. but it should be in Canadian bank POF Statement only.

OMM

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Thanks for your reply all and

OMM

If i open an account with RBC here and then take the statement, will it work? given the bank's branch is in US?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shinygirl said:
Thanks for your reply all and

OMM

If i open an account with RBC here and then take the statement, will it work? given the bank's branch is in US?
I dont know RBC Royal Bank Branch in the USA but I have account in Scotia Bank in the USA, you can look website : http://maps.scotiabank.com/en/index.php .

OMM

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
I have my savings with TD Bank (The Toronto-Dominion Bank) in USA, and TD Bank has one of the largest banking network in Canada. In fact, I opened my account with TD Bank for same reason as it is Canada base bank. What if I carry TD Bank statement (naturally having debit card with me) while landing?

thanks.
(I have not got visa, but just trying to have same info for future.)

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
canada_dream100 said:
I have my savings with TD Bank (The Toronto-Dominion Bank) in USA, and TD Bank has one of the largest banking network in Canada. In fact, I opened my account with TD Bank for same reason as it is Canada base bank. What if I carry TD Bank statement (naturally having debit card with me) while landing?

thanks.
(I have not got visa, but just trying to have same info for future.)
Any suggestions/comments?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you must have to bring latest bank statement, good to get statement from bank instead of online print at home.

OMM

Shinygirl

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
I get that I need to declare funds at US customs..... has anyone gone through that process? What all questions can the US custom ask? How smooth is the process??

Any insight would be hepful