+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROOF OF FUNDS!Help needed from senior members

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Hi All,

Sometime in 2006, CHC Accra requested for update of docs including proof of funds. At that time they specifically mentioned including stock valuation as part of proof of funds. I confidently got a stockbroker to do my stock valuation and sent to them. Now, I just received a request for further update of docs asking for forms imm0008, imm0008(schedule 1 and 3), additional family info, police clearance cert as well as proof of funds and they've asked for 12 month bank statement without any mention of stock valuation if you own shares in the stock market. The problem is that the bulk of my funds is in the stock market (as shares) and the valuation of that will make me easily scale the hurdle for proof of funds but i have just a few thousand dollars balance in my bank account. And I have a family of 5, so I need to prove that I have the required resources. The question is should I go ahead and get a stockbroker to carry out a valuation of my shares and send that to them in addition to the bank statement? Will they accept the shares in the stock market as proof of funds?

Regards
A-square

M S Chaudhry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2006
Hi A-Square

I think bank statemnet shows the regular earning of an applicant, no matter where that money is being invested (shares, term deposits). So bank account seems important showing your personal financial resources.