+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds + gift deeds UAE

Darksith79

Jan 15, 2018
Greetings,
I am currently in the pre-application process and preparing the various documents, however I had a couple questions with regards to the proof of funds :
1- when la submitting a POF from uae, is it acceptable to show the amount in AED? I can mention in the LOE the exchange rate for that day, will that help?
2- A friend will gift me around 40%of the amount required, I can have the total amount in a couple months, but prefer not to waste time, would that pose any problem? If not what is required from the UAE? A legalized and notarized deed along with a copy of the chèque?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: sam.m

keeratsingh

Jul 3, 2017
New Delhi
Greetings,
I am currently in the pre-application process and preparing the various documents, however I had a couple questions with regards to the proof of funds :
1- when la submitting a POF from uae, is it acceptable to show the amount in AED? I can mention in the LOE the exchange rate for that day, will that help?
2- A friend will gift me around 40%of the amount required, I can have the total amount in a couple months, but prefer not to waste time, would that pose any problem? If not what is required from the UAE? A legalized and notarized deed along with a copy of the chèque?

I can answer this only partially....for your first question, yes it is acceptable to show the amount in AED. Also there is no need to explain the exchange rate in LOE. Generally all banks would generate these letters in their native currency only. CIC does not warrant that you must submit POF in CAD.
For the second question please wait for some other member to respond.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Greetings,

I will suggest you go with what @keeratsingh mentioned for point#1. Please keep the account statements handy(signed and stamped from the bank) as well...

Point# 2 Check this link out

Reactions: keeratsingh

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
@bimale4bipeople ,

I have the below concern.

My father is transferring the amount in my account here in UAE as he is also in UAE and we hold accounts in Dubai's local banks. How to get the gift deed notarized?

I checked through IVS global they are providing the service of attesting the gift deed but my confusion is that is it applicable to Indians who have their funds transferred in their home country accounts or people residing in UAE with having their accounts here can also avail this service and will it be acceptable by IRCC?

Regards,
Prachi
I don’t think you need to notarize gift deed...

please check this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gift-deed-notarized.524279/

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
@bimale4bipeople ,

I have the below concern.

My father is transferring the amount in my account here in UAE as he is also in UAE and we hold accounts in Dubai's local banks. How to get the gift deed notarized?

I checked through IVS global they are providing the service of attesting the gift deed but my confusion is that is it applicable to Indians who have their funds transferred in their home country accounts or people residing in UAE with having their accounts here can also avail this service and will it be acceptable by IRCC?

Regards,
Prachi
Hi
it is important to have it notarized . just draft an affidavit in an A4 paper and have it notarized from a lawyer in UAE. There are lawyers who do this notary work. it costed me around 1200 INR in kuwait.not sure how much they charge in the UAE. Make sure to mention the amount gifted by your dad, his a/c number and your a/c number. you can supplement this affidavit with your bank statement and highlight the transfers in the statement while submitting PR application. Mention about this in your LOE . you can find the gift deed / affidavit formats in the forum.

thanks .

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, I am sure....they even requested for the letter to be translated in Arabic...but why do i need to do that as this letter is issued for the purpose of Canada govt.
Prachi, since you and your parents are all living in UAE and having UAE bank account, it can be easily shown by providing a standard letter which you both can sign off and also attach copies of each other's bank statement(signed and stamped from the bank) showing the transfer of funds.
You can in addition include your passport copy(front and back) along with your fathers passport copy.

All this will help the case officer to know that it is a genuine transfer of funds between family members, and the funds are for your use at any point of time.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/proof-of-funds-format-of-gift-deed-affidavit-and-loe.487054/

Last edited:

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
I checked with the law firms here...they are asking for a hefty amount of Aed 1000-1500.
I know right. It's a freakshow out here. One lawyer quoted me AED 5,000 For just a simple notarization

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Contact Majid Al Jalaf legal consultants, they quoted me AED 500 for each page.

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
@Prachi8599 I'm in contact with another lawyer as I write this. I'll let you know what price they quote. I'm sure it's going to be much less.