+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds + gift deeds UAE

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My brother is in UAE and he is going to transfter the funds from his uae account to me in pakistan in my newly opened bank account.

1) Does my brother and I have to be in the same country to prepare the gift deed.. I mean does it have to be signed by both parties or something? or can my brother simply prepare the gift deed and get it notarized for me from uae and send it to me by courier?

2)What other supporting documents are needed to support the PoF?

3) Does it matter if my bank account is new or old since i wont me able to show much history since it is a new account?

Please any help regarding this is much appreciated.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
My brother is in UAE and he is going to transfter the funds from his uae account to me in pakistan in my newly opened bank account.

1) Does my brother and me have to be in the same country to prepare the gift deed.. I mean does it have to be signed by both parties or something? or can my brother simply prepare the gift deed and get it notarized for me from uae and send it to me by courier?
- No you don't need to be psychically in the same country, tbh, I assume you both are Pakistani ?. Yes it should be signed by both parties. Now here since two different country banks are involved, imho, you can go with raising an affidavit/legal document.... You can get a local notary done in PAK, UAE will be expensive(as you saw above)...

2)What other supporting documents are needed to support the PoF?
- You see the post what I have quoted on this thread above... With your other docs, include, your, your brother and father's passport(to prove the relationship) and attached the signed/stamped bank statements from each other bank...

3) Does it matter if my bank account is new or old since i wont me able to show much history since it is a new account?
- That is a good and tricky question tbh, if you have a good case officer reviewing your file he maybe ok with the documents you will arrange for the PoF and the gift deed. If he turns out to be tough cookie, he "may" ask for additional documents to clarify your proof of submission...
You should include a balance confirmation letter(signed/stamped) from your local bank stating the overall balance and account details

Please any help regarding this is much appreciated.
Please see the embedded reply in red...

Reactions: artificial.nocturne

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Please see the embedded reply in red...
thank you so much for your input, now i am thinking about getting a gift deed done from another brother of mine who has a joint account with me in pakistan, i believe he is the principal account holder. First i was just thinking about showing the same account funds as PoF and attaching a consent letter from my brother saying i had full access to the amount in bank but as per many people on the threads the account should be only under the applicants name so hence thinking of gift deed. I am just so very confused and stressed about how to go about this, so much so that I am now seriously thinking of hiring a consultant and letting him do the application on my behalf :/

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
thank you so much for your input, now i am thinking about getting a gift deed done from another brother of mine who has a joint account with me in pakistan, i believe he is the principal account holder. First i was just thinking about showing the same account funds as PoF and attaching a consent letter from my brother saying i had full access to the amount in bank but as per many people on the threads the account should be only under the applicants name so hence thinking of gift deed. I am just so very confused and stressed about how to go about this, so much so that I am now seriously thinking of hiring a consultant and letting him do the application on my behalf :/
Hi, I had my gift deed done in UAE, a relative who is also a UAE resident, deposited the amount in my account. Then I made a gift deed affidavit from a sample online, printed it on a plain paper, my relative signed and I then got the paper legally translated from a typing center who translated it to Arabic with a legal stamp. Then I uploaded the plain paper and the legally translated copy in an LOE (letter of explanation) and submitted the document,

momocan

Jul 30, 2018
Hi
it is important to have it notarized . just draft an affidavit in an A4 paper and have it notarized from a lawyer in UAE. There are lawyers who do this notary work. it costed me around 1200 INR in kuwait.not sure how much they charge in the UAE. Make sure to mention the amount gifted by your dad, his a/c number and your a/c number. you can supplement this affidavit with your bank statement and highlight the transfers in the statement while submitting PR application. Mention about this in your LOE . you can find the gift deed / affidavit formats in the forum.

thanks .
Hi div velu,

I have been looking into how to get a gift deed notarized in Kuwait. Could you please let me know the lawyer that you dealt with in Kuwait? Thank you!

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
no need to translation or to notarize. I had gotten all my funds from my dad via a gift deed. I had prepared a white paper document with signatures from my dad,myself and couple of witness. thats it nothing more...

P.S. i have already gotten my PR

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Hey Guys,

even i got my ITA about a week back.

@Prachi8599 - what procedure have you followed to submit your proof of funds? Did you end up getting the gift deed notarised? Kindly share your details.
did you get your PPR / CoPR?

@div velu - Even i am applying from Kuwait. Could you share your notarisation process for gift deed and what other documents did you sbumit? Also could you share your lawyers details.
P.S. - Did you also get your PPR or CoPr?

@hassaan_anwar - Did you apply from Kuwait ??

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Hey Guys,

even i got my ITA about a week back.

@Prachi8599 - what procedure have you followed to submit your proof of funds? Did you end up getting the gift deed notarised? Kindly share your details.
did you get your PPR / CoPR?

@div velu - Even i am applying from Kuwait. Could you share your notarisation process for gift deed and what other documents did you sbumit? Also could you share your lawyers details.
P.S. - Did you also get your PPR or CoPr?

@hassaan_anwar - Did you apply from Kuwait ??
Nope, i did from the UAE.

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
@Prachi8599 - You are still waiting for India PCC? when did you apply for it?

Also if you do not mind could you share your gift deed format? did you just make an affidavit for gift deed and notarize it or did you just notarize the bank statements. Or did you get both the affidavit for gift deed and bank statements notarized?

I am a bit confused as to how i must proceed. Need your help guys.

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
@Prachi8599 - You are still waiting for India PCC? when did you apply for it?

Also if you do not mind could you share your gift deed format? did you just make an affidavit for gift deed and notarize it or did you just notarize the bank statements. Or did you get both the affidavit for gift deed and bank statements notarized?

I am a bit confused as to how i must proceed. Need your help guys.

I made an affidavit and had it notarized here in Kuwait. i did not notarize my bank statements but had attached those along as a proof when i had filed for PR.

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
@div velu - Hey buddy,

Did you attach bank statements of 3 or 6 months

OR

just the bank statement page highlighting the transfer from your dads account to your account along with your gift deed affidavit which was notarized?

PS - did you get your PR already?

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
@div velu - Hey buddy,

Did you attach bank statements of 3 or 6 months

A: i attached 6 months statement and highlighted the transfers on the statement.

OR

just the bank statement page highlighting the transfer from your dads account to your account along with your gift deed affidavit which was notarized?

PS - did you get your PR already?
A- Yes i did :) i filed for PR on Feb 1st 2018 and got my PPR on June 14th 2018

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
@div velu - Congrats!!

PS - I am planning on just attaching the bank transfer page and highlighting it. My past 6 month bank statement record isn't great.

Any idea how that could go from other people experiences that you guys know of?

mayra7

Aug 24, 2017
@div velu - Congrats!!

PS - I am planning on just attaching the bank transfer page and highlighting it. My past 6 month bank statement record isn't great.

Any idea how that could go from other people experiences that you guys know of?
Hi, Please update about the procedure, as I am in Similar situation, I am in UAE and My brother is also in UAE. He shall transfer money to my account. Did you attach only the transfer page or a notarized gift deed?