+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi.

Does this format of gift deed work. I just had mine made in thre form mentioned in this post and someone pointed out tons of holes in it.
ask getgcms to make one for you. It's inexpensive, and they will home deliver it on stamp paper.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
prepare a gift deed and quote transaction number and explain in LoE. Please note that you ONLY NEED a GIFT DEED and NOT an affidavit.
Can anyone please confirm if affidavit is not required? I personally feel afidavit and gift deed does the same things so submitting both seems unnecessary. Please cofirm if anyonr already succeed with just gift deed LOE.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Can anyone please confirm if affidavit is not required? I personally feel afidavit and gift deed does the same things so submitting both seems unnecessary. Please cofirm if anyonr already succeed with just gift deed LOE.
Gift deed, that's it.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Dear friend,
I am also in the same situation. Is your POF accepted with the above affidavit?

Please reply.
Thank you in advance.
Hello Dhanu

I am in same situation. Can you please tell me if you found any workaround.

I am also primary applicant, and want to use my spouse/co-applicant's funds.

Thank you.

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hi everyone, need a little gelp. In my case I am the PA but the funds are available in my spouse's account and I am using a notarized affidavit to use them as POF in my application. Can someone please confirm if this sample is good enough for the said purpose?

==============================================================================

AFFIDAVIT

I, WIFE NAME, W/o HUSBAND NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, residing at XYZ, do hereby authorize my husband Mr. HUSBAND NAME S/o FATHER NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, to use the funds, worth $000,000 available in my name at ABC Bank with Account No. 123456, for immigration purposes. I have no objection for the usage of this account by my husband.

However, if you have any questions or queries or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact me on 001-123-456789 (Mobile - Full time) or alternatively via email 000000@000.

DATED: 00-00-0000
WIFE NAME & SIGNATURE

Witness 01: Name, NIC, Signature
Witness 02: Name, NIC, Signature

Hello rao_hamza

Did this format work for you? Do we need get it notarised or get an affidavit, or a plain paper would do?

Thank you.

Sam2312

Dec 7, 2017
Hi everyone
I need some expert advice on the proof of funds.
We are in Canada on visitor visa. We are in process of getting ITA. But don't have sufficient funds in any of our bank account. So we are planning to get a gift deed from my father.
Can I ask my father to transfer that funds to a account which me & my father hold jointly. As all other accounts are in other states, so my family won't be able to get the balance certificate from the bank.
Or I just transfer that funds to my wife's account and book a FD of those funds with a maturity of 90 days.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance
Sam

Sam2312

Dec 7, 2017
Hi everyone
I need some expert advice on the proof of funds.
We are in Canada on visitor visa. We are in process of getting ITA. But don't have sufficient funds in any of our bank account. So we are planning to get a gift deed from my father.
Can I ask my father to transfer that funds to a account which me & my father hold jointly. As all other accounts are in other states, so my family won't be able to get the balance certificate from the bank.
Or I just transfer that funds to my wife's account and book a FD of those funds with a maturity of 90 days.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance
Sam
Experts please suggest

amit_saha1986

Jul 29, 2015
Hi All, my wife is the primary applicant. I am transferring x amount from my father and y amount from my mother's account and some savings in her account all put together becomes the proof of fund.

Questions.

1. The money transfers were done using multiple transaction. Is that fine?
2. Do i need two separate gift deed from my mother and father. Or one should be good?

micko2011

Mar 18, 2018
Please I need help, I got the ITA one month ago and my father is going to deposit me the money of the proof of fund as a gift deed. The problem is I have not deposited any money in my account in the past 6 months. Should I decline ITA and leave the money in the account for 6 month before applying? or I can continue now and the gift deed would not cause a problem

rockstar1989

Mar 19, 2018
Dear All,
I would like some advise on my situation for POF.
1.I am the primary applicant and my spouse will be accompanying me.
2. My wife holds a SB account since 2001 which we have converted into Join account in January this year.
3. We do not hold sufficient balance in the account for 6 months.
4. We have sold some of our assets to generate the required amount.(We cannot provide proof for this as it was jointly held by multiple family members)
5. All the money we generated will be deposited to my father-in-law account.
6. Father-in-law will be providing us the amount and gift deed to my spouse.
7. the money will be transferred to the joint account held by me and my spouse.

Is my situation acceptable?
I intend to have the money deposited today and I am likely to receive ITA in the next draw as my CRS score is 476.

Thanks in advance,

RGR

Apr 9, 2018
Did
Very helpful, Thanks.

I am going to get funds from my parent too. Update if you come across any problem regarding POF, so that people like us can learn about it and try to overcome.

+1 for the information.
Hey, did you get your PR by showing money from paren

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Hi, I am in the process of making a Gift Deed for the amount I have received. From the thread it is understandable that only "Gift Deed" is required and that the declaration of Gift and acceptance can be on the same paper. My questions are:

1. Am I correct?
2. Can anyone, for whom it worked, share the format for that one page Gift and acceptance?
3. If it is in one page, should there be two copies made? One for the person giving the gift and one for the person receiving it? (Not an immigration question, just need to know).
4. In the future, if all is well, does a person need to present the deed anywhere?

Thanks

Vicky_ravi

Mar 13, 2018
Hi guys ,
I’m going through the same problem as many ppl have here. I’m going to apply for oinp , I don’t have enough funds in my account and also three months before i took a bank statement using my frnds money around 10k for US visa and send them back nxt day . But i do have permanent job offer and my T4 for 2017 is $45k . Should i need the affidavit or how to get the affidavit from friends. So confused.