+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

Roop@brar

Oct 8, 2017
I was in canada and instead of bank statement I submitted the employment letter and pay stub, I thought that was enough but I was wrong, the visa officer said I didnt provide POF and he rejected my applcn
okk.. So now hv u got pr?? After submission, how much time did it take?

rogadilkhan

Sep 25, 2017
Hi i saw your Post on This from about Proof Of Fund i have done all the steps just want to confirm that there are 3 of Doc

First :: GIFT DEED
Second :: AFFIDAVIT
Third :: LETTER OF EXPLANATION

Can you tell me which of these will be printed on Notary Paper and which one should be printed on Normal Paper

Tokun

Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello good morning everyone. I'm pretty new to the proof of funds stuff. Please I will like to know all the steps required for gift deeds and how to go about them. Thank you very much.

skiffyz

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Hello

I want to apply for Canada migration and seek your help regarding a few stuff. I am a single applicant and require to show around BDT 8.5 lacs as funds for Canada PR. I have an FDR worth BDT 8 lacs under my name. I have got the money from my father. I have already got an Affidavit done where it is stated that he has given me the money as gift.

The problem is with an extra BDT 1 lac which I have deposited in my account very recently. The extra BDT 1 lac is my saving from my salary. I used to withdraw a small sum of money every month from the bank (where my salary is transferred) and keep at home. Only recently I have deposited around BDT 1 lac at the bank where I have my FDR. In this instance, how can I show the source of the BDT 1 lac?

I have downloaded the bank statement and highlighted all the withdrawals from my bank over the last 1 year. The amount is exactly 1 lac. Will it be sufficient if I highlight those transactions in the bank statement and attach with my eAPR? Should I also attach a Letter of Explanation to explain this?

I look forward to your help.

rao_hamza

Mar 5, 2017
Hi everyone, need a little gelp. In my case I am the PA but the funds are available in my spouse's account and I am using a notarized affidavit to use them as POF in my application. Can someone please confirm if this sample is good enough for the said purpose?

==============================================================================

AFFIDAVIT

I, WIFE NAME, W/o HUSBAND NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, residing at XYZ, do hereby authorize my husband Mr. HUSBAND NAME S/o FATHER NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, to use the funds, worth $000,000 available in my name at ABC Bank with Account No. 123456, for immigration purposes. I have no objection for the usage of this account by my husband.

However, if you have any questions or queries or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact me on 001-123-456789 (Mobile - Full time) or alternatively via email 000000@000.

DATED: 00-00-0000
WIFE NAME & SIGNATURE

Witness 01: Name, NIC, Signature
Witness 02: Name, NIC, Signature

Bhargavg2002

Star Member
Aug 20, 2017
No, my bank refused issuing any letters whatsoever. I put 6 months statements instead. Also, when i read the requirements cic wants in the letter, they clearly state that it should include any outstanding loans/credit cards debts. So even though many members here say you dont need to include that, but since i was already in a weak position by not having a bank letter, i wrote them a LOE and in it i disclosed my old credit card debt and included statements from my online banking showing payments and remaining balance to be paid. I figured best way is just to be honest and show them what they want to see. In my case even if they deduct the remaning balance from the amount i have in my account, i will still have enough above the minimum required funds.
Conclusion is, every case is different. You should just make sure to show them there is nothing fishy and that you are honest.

Did you mention about any mortage loans you have? or any information on disclosing mortgage loans in which the asset should cover the remaining loan yet it may seem as debt.

Hina.K

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi All, i have recently got ITA and now i am preparing my documents to apply for the visa, i have problem regarding POF. actually my uncle transferred the amount in my account and he is my guardian as well. i am also arranging gift deed to provide justification for that fund transfer but would that be enough? do i need to prove my relationship with him as well? or what are the chances of acceptance of gift deed by CIC? can anyone share the relevant example?

JWahid

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Dhaka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the Proof Of Fund.
I have already created my EE profile on Jan 2nd, 2018.
Now, I have the required fund for FSW category in cash but it is not in my bank account for last 6 months.
My CRS score is 440 and I have a NOI from ONIP. I'm also expecting an ITA from EE path in next 2 months hopefully.
Under the circumstances, how do you suggest I settle the Proof Of Fund issue?

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone please hep me with the following question:

-My parents have deposited the funds as cash on different dates in my bank account in India after I received my ITA. Hence, I do not have any cheque number to be mentioned in the deed or affidavit. Is anyone aware of any such issue?
-Secondly, do I need to get all the 3 letters (Deed, Affidavit, explanation letter) attested by notary on different stamp papers.
-Lastly, who can be a witness in the Gift Deed letter. Shall i only include the witness name and signature or the place and ID's of the person as well.

Request for your response asap as I am only left with 2 weeks now to submit my application.

Thanks in advance.
Sud
I m having the same scenario for POF, my mother deposited some amount to my account as cash so there is no cheque number to be mentioned in gift deed letter. How did you manage to explain them the situation? please advise

dhanu

Oct 5, 2017
Hi everyone, need a little gelp. In my case I am the PA but the funds are available in my spouse's account and I am using a notarized affidavit to use them as POF in my application. Can someone please confirm if this sample is good enough for the said purpose?

==============================================================================

AFFIDAVIT

I, WIFE NAME, W/o HUSBAND NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, residing at XYZ, do hereby authorize my husband Mr. HUSBAND NAME S/o FATHER NAME, bearer of NIC 123456, to use the funds, worth $000,000 available in my name at ABC Bank with Account No. 123456, for immigration purposes. I have no objection for the usage of this account by my husband.

However, if you have any questions or queries or require additional information please do not hesitate to contact me on 001-123-456789 (Mobile - Full time) or alternatively via email 000000@000.

DATED: 00-00-0000
WIFE NAME & SIGNATURE

Witness 01: Name, NIC, Signature
Witness 02: Name, NIC, Signature
Dear friend,
I am also in the same situation. Is your POF accepted with the above affidavit?

Please reply.
Thank you in advance.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I m having the same scenario for POF, my mother deposited some amount to my account as cash so there is no cheque number to be mentioned in gift deed letter. How did you manage to explain them the situation? please advise
prepare a gift deed and quote transaction number and explain in LoE. Please note that you ONLY NEED a GIFT DEED and NOT an affidavit.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
prepare a gift deed and quote transaction number and explain in LoE. Please note that you ONLY NEED a GIFT DEED and NOT an affidavit.
Hi.

Does this format of gift deed work. I just had mine made in thre form mentioned in this post and someone pointed out tons of holes in it.