+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds: Format of Gift Deed, Affidavit and LOE

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Dear all,
i got the ITA last week and now figuring out the POF. I'm currently having no bank saving account which is 6 months old. I only have bank statement which states my monthly salary whose balance is not enough.
  • For the minimum required amount for 1 family member ($12,300), I intended to ask my father give $12,300 as a gift to me, then I will prove it as gift deed. Or the 2nd option, I will ask my father transfer the ownership of the house to me, then I'll liquidate house and deposit the money into my account. For the 2 options, I'm just afraid of the "6 months old" concern.
  • The last option is to ask my father transfer the ownership of his bank savings to me which is already more than 6 months, but the amount of money is much more than $12,300.
Senior member please help to advice!!! Thank you.
Hi. What happened to your ITA. Were you successful with the PoF?

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hello,

I am showing 3 of my accounts for PoF. In one account around 2k CAD was transferred 4 months back by my parents. I will be getting a gift deed for this amount, however, the requirement from CIC says that the average balance of past 6 months should be mentioned. Following are my concerns:

1. Few days after receiving the amount I converted it to FD and it is only maturing by 30th September. So on what basis do I calculate average? Principal amount for the duration of FD and upon maturity, that amount?
  2. If I do calculate average, then for two months the amount was drastically lower which will pull down the average. Is that ok, since I am getting a gift deed for this amount?
So did you get a gift deed done?

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
NB: Please advise

I have started to gather all the documents required to apply for FSW. Regarding POF, we got more than the required fund. The POF consists of my savings (salary) and my spouse's savings (saving) which she transferred it into my bank account. To prove this large transfer, I will get a statutory declaration signed by my spouse stating all the necessary info needed and will also write a LOE explaining about the fund transfer from my spouse.

In this case, do I also have to provide bank letter and bank statement or bank statement only for my spouse as well, OR submitting my bank letter, bank statement, LOE and statutory is enough?

Seniors please advice!

Sud_6

May 10, 2017
Hi All,

Can anyone please hep me with the following question:

-My parents have deposited the funds as cash on different dates in my bank account in India after I received my ITA. Hence, I do not have any cheque number to be mentioned in the deed or affidavit. Is anyone aware of any such issue?
-Secondly, do I need to get all the 3 letters (Deed, Affidavit, explanation letter) attested by notary on different stamp papers.
-Lastly, who can be a witness in the Gift Deed letter. Shall i only include the witness name and signature or the place and ID's of the person as well.

Request for your response asap as I am only left with 2 weeks now to submit my application.

Thanks in advance.
Sud

issac1990

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Sharjah
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Hey folks! a quick question about when to get a gift deed. i received a gift from my parents but this was after I received my ITA. Would the fact that i disclosed I have sufficient funds to meet the minimum threshold on the EE application before receiving the ITA count as misrepresentation? Anyone who has got a gift deed done after receiving an ITA??
HI.. i too made the same mistake... would be helpful if you can tell me the status of ur e-Apr. Have u got accepted??

hirasalam

Jul 10, 2017
I have a question about uploading LoE. Is this just a typed word document converted to PDF or should I print, sign, and scan it?

arun2338

Sep 23, 2017
Hey folks! a quick question about when to get a gift deed. i received a gift from my parents but this was after I received my ITA. Would the fact that i disclosed I have sufficient funds to meet the minimum threshold on the EE application before receiving the ITA count as misrepresentation? Anyone who has got a gift deed done after receiving an ITA??
Hello friend, Did you get answer for your question. Now I'm with the same question

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
Folks please hear what I am about to say, coming from a guy whose PR application got rejected
because of POF.

LOE is very important
yes, you can submit a gift deed letter signed by a notary public
just include the gift deed information in your LOE

in gift deed letter your father must include the line that "the gift is unconditional, and you can keep the moeny as long as you wish and you can spend it any way you want it"

LOE is very important.

arun2338

Sep 23, 2017
Folks please hear what I am about to say, coming from a guy whose PR application got rejected
because of POF.

LOE is very important

in gift deed letter your father must include the line that "the gift is unconditional, and you can keep the moeny as long as you wish and you can spend it any way you want it"

LOE is very important.
Got it dude. Who can be the witness?

Roop@brar

Oct 8, 2017
because of POF.

LOE is very important

LOE is very important.
what was d exact reason of rejection

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
what was d exact reason of rejection
I was in canada and instead of bank statement I submitted the employment letter and pay stub, I thought that was enough but I was wrong, the visa officer said I didnt provide POF and he rejected my applcn