File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
No, my bank refused issuing any letters whatsoever. I put 6 months statements instead. Also, when i read the requirements cic wants in the letter, they clearly state that it should include any outstanding loans/credit cards debts. So even though many members here say you dont need to include that, but since i was already in a weak position by not having a bank letter, i wrote them a LOE and in it i disclosed my old credit card debt and included statements from my online banking showing payments and remaining balance to be paid. I figured best way is just to be honest and show them what they want to see. In my case even if they deduct the remaning balance from the amount i have in my account, i will still have enough above the minimum required funds.
Conclusion is, every case is different. You should just make sure to show them there is nothing fishy and that you are honest.
hey dr feras,
did you provide credit card details ? because credit card details are updated every month and it can have a little debt on me in any month.how to do about that ?
bank wont provide me anything about credit card .. should i get my credit card outstanding statement printed and get it stamped from the bank ?
and one more thing. what if someone have multiple bank accounts, some of them are not operational.do i need to get statements of all the bank accounts ???

rhmalik

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Pakistan
Good Day Everyone

I have pretty much looked everywhere for an answer but all post seem to differ slightly from my situation.

My wife is the principal applicant for EE. Our CRS is 455, which is looking good to get a ITA. We have already done everything needed except for the thorn in our side, the POF. Now we do not have the amount required as yet. Is it possible to apply and save up the required amount? Which we can do in about 4 months. So we would have the required amount in our account by the time that we land or a month or so before. Is this possible, or would we have to save up the amount, hold it for 6 months then apply?

We also do not have any other personal finances to use to make up this money.

However, as a last resort I can also ask my father to gift me this amount, and then do the gift deed. As I understand if this is done, the I do not need to show this amount in my account for 6 months?
Hi, well if you get an ITA within less than 4 months time, which you should considering the last draws, then you will have to show this money in your account as POF. So why to take chances. I believe you should go ahead with the Gift Deed, if its convenient for you. But make sure that you have all the proofs that its a gift deed.

Although you can apply with whatever proof you have but I would not recommend taking chances with the mandatory requirements.

Best of luck.

If this helped do hit like. :)

Savz

Aug 7, 2017
Hii... I have an enquiry regarding POf.. I want to know can two gift deeds be shown in pof. ???

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
hey dr feras,
did you provide credit card details ? because credit card details are updated every month and it can have a little debt on me in any month.how to do about that ?
bank wont provide me anything about credit card .. should i get my credit card outstanding statement printed and get it stamped from the bank ?
and one more thing. what if someone have multiple bank accounts, some of them are not operational.do i need to get statements of all the bank accounts ???
You only need to declare the account you are using for your proof of funds. The only time it doesnt look good is if the account is very new, otherwise its enough.
Also, in regards to credit card, it depends. Like I said my bank refused giving a letter as per cic requirements, they said we dont give such letters anymore. CIC states on the website that letter must include: your name, account number, average monthly balance for past 6 months, outstanding debts including credit card, and date account was opened.
So because of lack of a letter, I had to cover for deficiencies. I gave 6 months statements showing my name and account number, and for credit card balance, payments were already showing in my statements, so I opened my online banking page and saved credit card balance and 4 months credit card statements as pdf ( i have the option in my online banking), this way I am showing them my only debt, which is small compared to my available funds and still above minimum threshold.
Last, to cover the missing point of date account was opened, I wrote a LEO and explained that its the same account I used back in 2009 to show pof for my approved TRV application, and they can see from my statements that its my only active account, as my salary went in it, and all my purchases and payments were on the same.
So you see why I included my CC debt, to cover not having a bank letter, so I had to declare everything. If you have a bank letter that covers whats requested by CIC then you should be ok. Many people never declare CC. So it was just my safe preference.
Good luck

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
You only need to declare the account you are using for your proof of funds. The only time it doesnt look good is if the account is very new, otherwise its enough.
Also, in regards to credit card, it depends. Like I said my bank refused giving a letter as per cic requirements, they said we dont give such letters anymore. CIC states on the website that letter must include: your name, account number, average monthly balance for past 6 months, outstanding debts including credit card, and date account was opened.
So because of lack of a letter, I had to cover for deficiencies. I gave 6 months statements showing my name and account number, and for credit card balance, payments were already showing in my statements, so I opened my online banking page and saved credit card balance and 4 months credit card statements as pdf ( i have the option in my online banking), this way I am showing them my only debt, which is small compared to my available funds and still above minimum threshold.
Last, to cover the missing point of date account was opened, I wrote a LEO and explained that its the same account I used back in 2009 to show pof for my approved TRV application, and they can see from my statements that its my only active account, as my salary went in it, and all my purchases and payments were on the same.
So you see why I included my CC debt, to cover not having a bank letter, so I had to declare everything. If you have a bank letter that covers whats requested by CIC then you should be ok. Many people never declare CC. So it was just my safe preference.
Good luck
I have a bank letter which states that these funds are free from a liens and loans and can be used anytime i want to. more over i took money from my dad and already have a gift deed.
I should get another letter from the bank where i get my salary in. so it will make it good. then there will be 2 accounts. and will print my statements and try to get it stamped from the bank. it will clarify my credit card issue too.
have you got ur PR ?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I have a bank letter which states that these funds are free from a liens and loans and can be used anytime i want to. more over i took money from my dad and already have a gift deed.
I should get another letter from the bank where i get my salary in. so it will make it good. then there will be 2 accounts. and will print my statements and try to get it stamped from the bank. it will clarify my credit card issue too.
have you got ur PR ?
Sounds good
Yes i did

goingtocanadasoon

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
I had the money transferred from my parents. What should I do next? Get a notary documents justifying the POF and the sudden spike in my account? I also have the PF which is approximately 40% of my POF. Will showing that help?

conscientious

Sep 8, 2017
Good luck

I have received an ITA and currently in the process of completing e-APR.

In order to meet fund requirements, I have received cash from both of my parents with affidavits from them confirming that they are gifts. My bank refused to provide average balance for the past 6 months in their letter, so I'm also planning to submit bank statements for past six months. I also have a personal loan taken previously from a different bank, and I have taken a letter from the bank disclosing the outstanding debt. I'm planning to include a LOE explaining the fact that I have received gifts from my parents, why I included bank statements and my remaining debt with another bank.

My question is, there are only two locations I can upload all these documents. (POF section and LOE section ) How should I organize all these documents to two upload fields in the e-APR ?
Here are the options I see.

a.) In the POF section - Include Letters from the bank showing bank balances, bank statements, affidavits from parents, remaining loan balance.
In the LOE section - Include a LOE explaining why the additional documents are there in the POF section.

b.) In the POF section - Include letters from the bank and statements
In the LOE section - LOE along with affidavits from parents, remaining loan balance.

What approach will be the best and less ambiguous? Do you see a better way? Please help.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
I have received an ITA and currently in the process of completing e-APR.

In order to meet fund requirements, I have received cash from both of my parents with affidavits from them confirming that they are gifts. My bank refused to provide average balance for the past 6 months in their letter, so I'm also planning to submit bank statements for past six months. I also have a personal loan taken previously from a different bank, and I have taken a letter from the bank disclosing the outstanding debt. I'm planning to include a LOE explaining the fact that I have received gifts from my parents, why I included bank statements and my remaining debt with another bank.

My question is, there are only two locations I can upload all these documents. (POF section and LOE section ) How should I organize all these documents to two upload fields in the e-APR ?
Here are the options I see.

a.) In the POF section - Include Letters from the bank showing bank balances, bank statements, affidavits from parents, remaining loan balance.
In the LOE section - Include a LOE explaining why the additional documents are there in the POF section.

b.) In the POF section - Include letters from the bank and statements
In the LOE section - LOE along with affidavits from parents, remaining loan balance.

What approach will be the best and less ambiguous? Do you see a better way? Please help.
First method would be better, at least thats what I did. LEO related to funds i just put in the POF section to make it easier for the officer to follow. I kept LEO section for my general overall situation explanation.
Btw, disclosing all of your loans from other accounts is totally up to you. As far as cic is concerned, its enough to provide statements for the main account and in your case gift deeds. Disclosing every single loan is controversial, many here will tell you no need to do that.
In my opinion, honesty is always the best approach and thats also what I did, disclosing my credit card. But please be aware that in my case, the net amount of funds after deducting the whole credit card debt was still above the minimum POF requirement, so maybe thats why it was ok. I have seen some gcms notes shared by other members here with big housing loans, and I saw it written by cic agent what shows that they do actually look at your overall net wealth, considering you assets and your loans, and in one specific case the comment of cic agent was that the applicant seems to have more debts than assets. So make sure you do your calculations and have good presentation of your case.
Remember, when cic puts guidelines, and we dont provide exactly what they asked, it will be totally up to their officers to decide. They obviously want a bank letter with name, account number, average balance, date account was opened, and outstanding debts. So when we cant provide such letters, its best to try and cover most of whats required to get a positive decision.
Good luck

Reactions: conscientious

conscientious

Sep 8, 2017
First method would be better, at least thats what I did. LEO related to funds i just put in the POF section to make it easier for the officer to follow. I kept LEO section for my general overall situation explanation.
Btw, disclosing all of your loans from other accounts is totally up to you. As far as cic is concerned, its enough to provide statements for the main account and in your case gift deeds. Disclosing every single loan is controversial, many here will tell you no need to do that.
In my opinion, honesty is always the best approach and thats also what I did, disclosing my credit card. But please be aware that in my case, the net amount of funds after deducting the whole credit card debt was still above the minimum POF requirement, so maybe thats why it was ok. I have seen some gcms notes shared by other members here with big housing loans, and I saw it written by cic agent what shows that they do actually look at your overall net wealth, considering you assets and your loans, and in one specific case the comment of cic agent was that the applicant seems to have more debts than assets. So make sure you do your calculations and have good presentation of your case.
Remember, when cic puts guidelines, and we dont provide exactly what they asked, it will be totally up to their officers to decide. They obviously want a bank letter with name, account number, average balance, date account was opened, and outstanding debts. So when we cant provide such letters, its best to try and cover most of whats required to get a positive decision.
Good luck
Thanks so much for your valuable insights. In my case, if they deduct the liabilities funds would still meet the current minimum POF, unless exchange rates or POF gets updated drastically.

I have another question on representing my education, probably this is not the thread to raise this, if so I will move this to a relevant thread.

My educational credentials (BCS PGD ) are from the UK but I studied for them through a partner institution in my home country, Sri Lanka. The UK body has a presence (a regional country office) in my country and they conduct all examinations by themselves with the help of British Council here in my country. Therefore, I did not have to visit UK to get the qualification.

I got the ECA done and it mentions that the credential is a UK one. In the e-APR I have mentioned I obtained the qualification while residing in Sri Lanka.

My question does my situation count as education by correspondence ?

As per CIC guidelines an applicant must indicate this in the application as below
  • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution
Will failing to indicate this will result in any misrepresentation of information?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks so much for your valuable insights. In my case, if they deduct the liabilities funds would still meet the current minimum POF, unless exchange rates or POF gets updated drastically.

I have another question on representing my education, probably this is not the thread to raise this, if so I will move this to a relevant thread.

My educational credentials (BCS PGD ) are from the UK but I studied for them through a partner institution in my home country, Sri Lanka. The UK body has a presence (a regional country office) in my country and they conduct all examinations by themselves with the help of British Council here in my country. Therefore, I did not have to visit UK to get the qualification.

I got the ECA done and it mentions that the credential is a UK one. In the e-APR I have mentioned I obtained the qualification while residing in Sri Lanka.

My question does my situation count as education by correspondence ?

As per CIC guidelines an applicant must indicate this in the application as below
  • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution
Will failing to indicate this will result in any misrepresentation of information?
Yes, its best to indicate that to them and most likely they wont ask you to get a uk pcc.

Reactions: conscientious

conscientious

Sep 8, 2017
Yes, its best to indicate that to them and most likely they wont ask you to get a uk pcc.
Thinking about a worst case scenario, to what purpose do they need a PCC in this situation? If I have never visited UK how can I obtain one?

Last edited:

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hello, I have 2 questions:
1) I am the primary applicant and my spouse will accompany me as my dependent. I succeeded to take a bank letter stating all the information IRCC wants. Do I still have to provide bank statement or bank letter will suffice?
AND
2) My fund comprises funds from my spouse as well. I took a statutory declaration from my spouse and I will provide LOE as well stating from where the fund came from. Do I have to provide bank letter (stating account name, number, open date, average 6 month fund etc) and bank statement for my spouse as well? Thanks

Reactions: balateen

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello,

I am showing 3 of my accounts for PoF. In one account around 2k CAD was transferred 4 months back by my parents. I will be getting a gift deed for this amount, however, the requirement from CIC says that the average balance of past 6 months should be mentioned. Following are my concerns:

1. Few days after receiving the amount I converted it to FD and it is only maturing by 30th September. So on what basis do I calculate average? Principal amount for the duration of FD and upon maturity, that amount?
  2. If I do calculate average, then for two months the amount was drastically lower which will pull down the average. Is that ok, since I am getting a gift deed for this amount?