+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Spouse Sponsorship

Pruthvi

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

i need help, i am a Permanent Resident and applied to spouse sponsorship. i recently got layoff from my organization currently on Employment Insurance(EI) and went to lawyer and he mentioned you can apply for spouse sponsorship and provided me an affidavit and i asked him do i need to show any proof of funds because i am currently unemployed he said no need, does it effect my application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

i need help, i am a Permanent Resident and applied to spouse sponsorship. i recently got layoff from my organization currently on Employment Insurance(EI) and went to lawyer and he mentioned you can apply for spouse sponsorship and provided me an affidavit and i asked him do i need to show any proof of funds because i am currently unemployed he said no need, does it effect my application?
You need to show how you will support your family in Canada without welfare. You can show savings, your spouse's income, family assistance etc.

Pruthvi

Sep 17, 2017
You need to show how you will support your family in Canada without welfare. You can show savings, your spouse's income, family assistance etc.
I didn't shown any savings because lawyer mentioned me you dont need to show any funds, i just mentioned i am on EI and getting the amount also i mentioned them i am actively looking for a job. EI doesn't comes under welfare

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I didn't shown any savings because lawyer mentioned me you dont need to show any funds, i just mentioned i am on EI and getting the amount also i mentioned them i am actively looking for a job. EI doesn't comes under welfare
While EI is not welfare, it is short lived. You can in theory start collecting welfare after EI. So you still need to show how you intent to support yourself and your spouse without resorting to welfare. Show long term plans after EI runs out.

Mukrram

Aug 11, 2023
Hi everyone need help
If sponsor is not working in Canada how much has to show minimum in account or savings