+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Spouse Sponsorship

noonnabi

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Right .............. But I'm not understanding this, sorry ...

There must be *some* estimate as to how much CIC a person should typically have saved when sponsoring someone ..... For example, I think $1000 is obviously not enough .... $5000 may still be too less ... so may something like $12000 should be sufficient ?

I don't want my sponsor application to be rejected just because of funds ... So I need to know what is a good amount ...
I can't tell if you're being obtuse or are just unwilling to accept what others are telling you. Either way, I'll let someone else field your questions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Right .............. But I'm not understanding this, sorry ...

There must be *some* estimate as to how much CIC a person should typically have saved when sponsoring someone ..... For example, I think $1000 is obviously not enough .... $5000 may still be too less ... so may something like $12000 should be sufficient ?

I don't want my sponsor application to be rejected just because of funds ... So I need to know what is a good amount ...
For the last time, there is NO AMOUNT. IRCC needs to see that you can support yourselves without welfare. Generally, this is accomplished by showing that you are employed.

sushi2531

Aug 29, 2019
Me and my spouse recently got married. She had cleared ielts and bow she would be the primary applicant. I had transferred amount in her account for pof. My question is do I need to make notarised gift deed for the same if yes then wat would be the amount of stamp paper in Mumbai?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Me and my spouse recently got married. She had cleared ielts and bow she would be the primary applicant. I had transferred amount in her account for pof. My question is do I need to make notarised gift deed for the same if yes then wat would be the amount of stamp paper in Mumbai?
So if she is the principle applicant, are you the sponsor? You are a Canadian PR? Canadian citizen?
You can keep the money in your bank account. As a sponsor, you should show the savings that you can use to support yourself and your spouse.

Reactions: sushi2531

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Post in the EE section of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens and PRs who are sponsoring their family members.

Reactions: sushi2531

sushi2531

Aug 29, 2019
Post in the EE section of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens and PRs who are sponsoring their family members.
Dear,
We both are in India only and started the process. I had already transferred the required amount in her account. I m expecting ITA in october. Now to justify will bank certificate be ok? Because if I upload bank statement then do I need to attach gift deed or simple NOC on plain paper will do?

sushi2531

Aug 29, 2019
Dear,
We both are in India only and started the process. My wife is the primary applicant here.I had already transferred the required amount in her account. I m expecting ITA in october. Now to justify will bank certificate be ok? Because if I upload bank statement then do I need to attach gift deed or simple NOC on plain paper will do

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear,
We both are in India only and started the process. My wife is the primary applicant here.I had already transferred the required amount in her account. I m expecting ITA in october. Now to justify will bank certificate be ok? Because if I upload bank statement then do I need to attach gift deed or simple NOC on plain paper will do
And again, post in the EE section of the forum.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Its not about how much you have saved, its about your yearly income. If you have 20,000 in a bank but not job, how are you going to survive past the first 6 months? If you have 1000 in the bank but are making 80000 a year you're in a much better situation. This is why they last for a T4 and not a bank statement. Of course if you have an extreme amount of money saved up (MILLIONS) than that would be a different story as you would never have to work again...

trendz!!

Sep 21, 2019
Its not about how much you have saved, its about your yearly income. If you have 20,000 in a bank but not job, how are you going to survive past the first 6 months? If you have 1000 in the bank but are making 80000 a year you're in a much better situation. This is why they last for a T4 and not a bank statement. Of course if you have an extreme amount of money saved up (MILLIONS) than that would be a different story as you would never have to work again...

Hello

Im Canadian citizen . My wife will be landing first time soon in Canada as Immigrant. I sponsored her under spousal visa and she will be coming as Permanent resident( with COPR) . When I landed as immigrant ( PR ) few years ago there was a requirement that I had to carry around $12000 shown as proof of funds as single person . So is this applicable to her ? Or is it since I sponsored her, she doesn't have to bring any funds ? Yes She is bringing money but just want to know if there is requirement to show minimum amount that she is bringing with her to the Canadian airport officer ? Please advice

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello

Im Canadian citizen . My wife will be landing first time soon in Canada as Immigrant. I sponsored her under spousal visa and she will be coming as Permanent resident( with COPR) . When I landed as immigrant ( PR ) few years ago there was a requirement that I had to carry around $12000 shown as proof of funds as single person . So is this applicable to her ? Or is it since I sponsored her, she doesn't have to bring any funds ? Yes She is bringing money but just want to know if there is requirement to show minimum amount that she is bringing with her to the Canadian airport officer ? Please advice
No, it is not applicable to her.

Reactions: trendz!!

Jfor Jayant

Jun 12, 2018
Hi All,
I have got PR as a non accompanying spouse. I am flying in the month of Jan2020,and I have secured the job from my home country. I am planning to apply for tvr for my wife as soon as I land and then apply for sponsorship.
My queries-
1.Since mywife was already linked to my application as a dependent, how much time does it takes to process her sponsorship application from outside Canada.

2.By the time I apply for her sponsorship, I will not have any tax return for the year 2020. Will the payslip and offer letter be sufficient to prove my income?

3. Do we need to show any funds in her account back in home country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
I have got PR as a non accompanying spouse. I am flying in the month of Jan2020,and I have secured the job from my home country. I am planning to apply for tvr for my wife as soon as I land and then apply for sponsorship.
My queries-
1.Since mywife was already linked to my application as a dependent, how much time does it takes to process her sponsorship application from outside Canada.

2.By the time I apply for her sponsorship, I will not have any tax return for the year 2020. Will the payslip and offer letter be sufficient to prove my income?

3. Do we need to show any funds in her account back in home country?
Note that with a PR spouse, she has little chance of TRV approval .

1. Posted processing time is a year.

2. Yes..

3. No.