+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Spousal dependent PR

Jul 10, 2018
HI
I am preparing documents to raise dependent PR for my wife who is in India. To show the proof of funds can i show balance from my Canadian Bank account or do i have to transfer funds to my wife's Indian account and show that as proof? Please Help.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
It is not a requirement to show funds for sponsoring your wife , but if you wanna show it then you can use Canadian bank account.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Since you post at the family sponsorship section, we assume that you are already a Canadian PR and is filing to sponsor your wife.
So in this case, there is NO proof of fund required. You only need to show that you can support both of you after (job, savings...etc) and there is no specific amount.

Jul 10, 2018
Since you post at the family sponsorship section, we assume that you are already a Canadian PR and is filing to sponsor your wife.
So in this case, there is NO proof of fund required. You only need to show that you can support both of you after (job, savings...etc) and there is no specific amount.
I have arrived recently to Canada, i don't have a job yet. Can i just show the savings i have in my bank accounts?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have arrived recently to Canada, i don't have a job yet. Can i just show the savings i have in my bank accounts?
You in real life need to support your wife once she gets here. So show how you plan to do it.

If you have enough savings, include your saving account statement/balance. If you are looking for a job and expecting to get a job soon (protential offers/interviews) show that too. If you have family here to provide the basics (free/low accomodation and food) until you got a job, also put that down. Write a letter to explain how you are going to support you and your wife.

To answer your earlier question, it's better to have the fund available to use in Canada. And it doesn't matter if it's in your account or your wife's.

Jul 10, 2018
You in real life need to support your wife once she gets here. So show how you plan to do it.

If you have enough savings, include your saving account statement/balance. If you are looking for a job and expecting to get a job soon (protential offers/interviews) show that too. If you have family here to provide the basics (free/low accomodation and food) until you got a job, also put that down. Write a letter to explain how you are going to support you and your wife.

To answer your earlier question, it's better to have the fund available to use in Canada. And it doesn't matter if it's in your account or your wife's.
Thanks for the info