+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Canada visitor visa for 15 days

avinabh99

Feb 11, 2020
I know many other threads are there in this topic, but nothing matches to my situation fully.
I am working for govt of India, and I have apartment in my name.

I want to go to Canada with my wife, to visit my sister and her family. They are PR holders.
As of now I am planning to fund the trip on my own.
How much fund should I mention in visa application form ?
As per my calculations, 9500 cad can be the total expenditure for 2 people.

Also can I show my apartment papers as proof of fund, along with bank statement and salary slips ?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I know many other threads are there in this topic, but nothing matches to my situation fully.
I am working for govt of India, and I have apartment in my name.

I want to go to Canada with my wife, to visit my sister and her family. They are PR holders.
As of now I am planning to fund the trip on my own.
How much fund should I mention in visa application form ?
As per my calculations, 9500 cad can be the total expenditure for 2 people.
You can put any amount even exceeding $10,000 CAD. What matters is the Visa Officer can see on you bank account that you really have the means or in simple terms money to spend for your trip.
Also can I show my apartment papers as proof of fund, along with bank statement and salary slips ?
Refer to this link for proof of means

avinabh99

Feb 11, 2020
Being a govt employee, the issue is that I don't have all the 1000 cad at a time. I have to book tickets first, then next month book hotels, next book activities, then save money to till the journey time for spending there.
But one thing for sure I wont be crunched for money as my salary is steady and never delay happens in that.

How to show that to the VISA officials.

Thanks

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Being a govt employee, the issue is that I don't have all the 1000 cad at a time. I have to book tickets first, then next month book hotels, next book activities, then save money to till the journey time for spending there.
But one thing for sure I wont be crunched for money as my salary is steady and never delay happens in that.

Thanks
You have to provide them with your labour contract, payslip, bank statement for 3 latest months, saving account's confirmation, title deed, etc. in your name.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks
Don't book anything until you get the visa! Otherwise you would just waste money. Create your own travel itineraries to the visa post instead.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Don't book anything until you get the visa! Otherwise you would just waste money. Create your own travel itineraries to the visa post instead.
I am applying for my mother's visitor visa. Is it a problem if her bank statement is a shared 50% with someone else? Also, should zi put her 6 month statement or just the remaining balance? Thanks for your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying for my mother's visitor visa. Is it a problem if her bank statement is a shared 50% with someone else? Also, should zi put her 6 month statement or just the remaining balance? Thanks for your help
No issues if the other holder will be going with her to Canada.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Thanks so much. Just FYI, there is no name of other person on the bank statement. Do you still see this as a ok?

Also, my mom's other doc is from another bank which even doesnt say the percentage of ownership. Is this a concern?

Thanks so mych again for helping me figure this out.

vikramChahal

Feb 22, 2022
Hi,

I am also applying for visitor visa for my mother.
My concern is for proof of funds. Her FD's are 2-3 years old and of about 24000 CAD value. It has been mostly the small savings which were converted to FD's. We have no proof for source of income for these deposits. I am thinking about mentioning it in LOE that these has been savings from my father's early days of work (back in 2005). My father is retired now and does not hold any job.
I cannot show her bank statement as I have been depositing around 400 CAD pm for day to day expense and I think it ll affect the justification for tie to India.
Do you think it could affect her application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks so much. Just FYI, there is no name of other person on the bank statement. Do you still see this as a ok?

Also, my mom's other doc is from another bank which even doesnt say the percentage of ownership. Is this a concern?

Thanks so mych again for helping me figure this out.
You should by upfront that this is a joint account. I assume it is with one of her children or her spouse. If your mother doesn’t work or has a small salary yet her bank account indicates otherwise IRCC assumes a family memberis giving her money. It is better to be just upfront about it. Percentage of ship of an account isn’t an issue. Of a property it would be important to indicate the percentage stake she owned in the property.

Reactions: Parisuzy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thanks
Don’t buy a plane ticket in advance or book anything. If you insist on booking something g make suRe it is 100% refundable. Canada wants to see that you have a decent money in your savings account over 3 months. Instead of booking slowly you should be putting money aside every month until you have enough savings in your bank for 3 months in a row. 10k for a couple is on the low end but you should definitely try and the amount because it really depends about the application on the whole.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am also applying for visitor visa for my mother.
My concern is for proof of funds. Her FD's are 2-3 years old and of about 24000 CAD value. It has been mostly the small savings which were converted to FD's. We have no proof for source of income for these deposits. I am thinking about mentioning it in LOE that these has been savings from my father's early days of work (back in 2005). My father is retired now and does not hold any job.
I cannot show her bank statement as I have been depositing around 400 CAD pm for day to day expense and I think it ll affect the justification for tie to India.
Do you think it could affect her application?
It will be fairly obvious that they are receiving money monthly to help with living expenses this is fairly common so IRCC will not be surprised to see this. If their savings are on FDs they need to show their account from which they are able to live off of. Not showing your mother’s bank account or lying that she doesn’t have a bank account is not a good idea. How much money do they have in liquid cash at the moment?

vikramChahal

Feb 22, 2022
It will be fairly obvious that they are receiving money monthly to help with living expenses this is fairly common so IRCC will not be surprised to see this. If their savings are on FDs they need to show their account from which they are able to live off of. Not showing your mother’s bank account or lying that she doesn’t have a bank account is not a good idea. How much money do they have in liquid cash at the moment?
Well, I was not gonna say that she doesn't have bank account. I just thought of showing fixed deposits as funds.
She has approx 1200 CAD as liquid money in her account. The FD's are not locked and I will mention in cover letter that we will liquidate it based on visa outcome. I will add banker letter for the same.
In her bank account, there is usually a credit and debit of 400 CAD pm which is sent by me. I am not sure if adding the bank statement will make her case weak.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, I was not gonna say that she doesn't have bank account. I just thought of showing fixed deposits as funds.
She has approx 1200 CAD as liquid money in her account. The FD's are not locked and I will mention in cover letter that we will liquidate it based on visa outcome. I will add banker letter for the same.
In her bank account, there is usually a credit and debit of 400 CAD pm which is sent by me. I am not sure if adding the bank statement will make her case weak.
She has to live so money would need to be coming from so me where so IRCC will be wondering how they are living. iRCC doesn’t concern FDs as liquid assets although they do realize that you can take the money out but with a penalty.