+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Canada visitor visa for 15 days

vikramChahal

Feb 22, 2022
She has to live so money would need to be coming from so me where so IRCC will be wondering how they are living. iRCC doesn’t concern FDs as liquid assets although they do realize that you can take the money out but with a penalty.
Thanks for the response.
My father also works as a farmer and receives some income, although there is no documentation for it. Since my mother is travelling alone, I thought of just using her FD's for travel funds and mentioning the source as lifelong saving.
Do you mean she cannot use these FD's as proof of funds at all ? Liquid money is hardly 1200 in her account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the response.
My father also works as a farmer and receives some income, although there is no documentation for it. Since my mother is travelling alone, I thought of just using her FD's for travel funds and mentioning the source as lifelong saving.
Do you mean she cannot use these FD's as proof of funds at all ? Liquid money is hardly 1200 in her account.
She can include all money but accessible cash is what IRCC is one of the more important things. If she is married her husband’s savings can be included

Ritu Thomas

May 3, 2022
I hold Canadian PR and am inviting my father on all expense paid on tourist visa. Does my father still need to show his 6 months bank accounts?

vikramChahal

Feb 22, 2022
Hi,

I am also applying for visitor visa for my mother.
My concern is for proof of funds. Her FD's are 2-3 years old and of about 24000 CAD value. It has been mostly the small savings which were converted to FD's. We have no proof for source of income for these deposits. I am thinking about mentioning it in LOE that these has been savings from my father's early days of work (back in 2005). My father is retired now and does not hold any job.
I cannot show her bank statement as I have been depositing around 400 CAD pm for day to day expense and I think it ll affect the justification for tie to India.
Do you think it could affect her application?

Update:
I applied for my mother's visitor visa for 21 days and showed 15000 CAD as fixed deposits. I attached banker letter saying funds could be liquidated whenever required. I also mentioned in invitation letter that I would use my own fund as backup if there is any issue in liquidating her FD's. She got the approval in 2 weeks and the whole process including stamping took 28 days. I applied on new portal.

Reactions: Armstrong17

Hema1234

May 13, 2022
How much funds should I show when I am travelling to canada for 15 days? My cousin stays there. Approx how much should be the amount if I submit 6 months bank statement

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Update:
I applied for my mother's visitor visa for 21 days and showed 15000 CAD as fixed deposits. I attached banker letter saying funds could be liquidated whenever required. I also mentioned in invitation letter that I would use my own fund as backup if there is any issue in liquidating her FD's. She got the approval in 2 weeks and the whole process including stamping took 28 days. I applied on new portal.
Hi, How did you show the CAD equivalent of INR (Indian Rupees) ? Did you use any letter? Thank you!

rjacob

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Update:
Hi, could you please share a copy of the letter from your bank? I am in the same situation as you where my mom doesn't have enough money in her savings account but has 12000 CAD in a fixed deposit that she will be using as funds.