+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds for Buffalo? Need advice!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Hi all,
I have several questions about Buffalo consulate
1. Do you know if it is possible NOT to submit the full proof of funds (all 10000+ CAD, I mean), when applying as FSW in Buffalo with the initial application? In my country, the Canadian embassy requests proof of funds only when it issues medical forms, hence I am wondering whether the Buffalo consulate would view an application wothiout proof of funds as incomplete.
2. Do you know what they do in such case - return it back unprocessed? accept it but request the proof of funds? if the later- when do they request it?
3. If they need the proof of funds right away, with the initial package - do you know whether they would accept a statement from a bank in another country, and from an account in convertible currency? Or do they regard only US $$ as such?
Thanks in advance!

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks! Can it be my father's account, with his explanation that he can transfer it to me anytime? Shoudl it be an original statement or would a fax and its certified translation work?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I think it needs to be in your account not your fathers. They may want to see 3 month's bank statement.

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks! Do you know if it is possible not to submit proof of funds with the initial application?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
You don't need to submit proof of fund with your initial application, you need this when your process is coming to an end and that is when they ask you to provide proof of funds.

Good Luck!!

ghiaskhan

Are you doing a regular application or simplified one. with simplified application you dont need to send proofs and documents. Anyway if you have a joint account with your dad, you could send that, but if the account is in dads name only that willnot be acceptable. good luck.
Please read details as to who can apply through simplified Application & wo cannot. www.cic.gc.ca

kisunja

Star Member
Nov 2, 2008
Thanks! I meant regular process, when you submit all documentation all at once. From New Yorker's answer I assume it is still fine not to submit it right away but wait till the embassy requests it. and joint avvount is a good idea :)

ghiaskhan

Read the following:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

You must know that following factors facilitate processing.

There are certain things you can do to help ensure that your application is processed as promptly as possible:-

•make sure that all the documentation and information requested is provided at the time of initial application submission.

• make sure that you notify the visa office promptly of any and all changes to your mailing
address, family situation, or any other information that is important to your application,
such as additional education or work experience.

• refrain from making unnecessary inquiries to the Visa Office regarding the status of your
case.

Factors that may delay processing

The following factors may delay the processing of your application:• unclear photocopies of documents

• documents not accompanied by a certified English or French translation

• verification of information and documents provided

• a medical condition that may require additional tests or consultations