+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Nov 5, 2017
Hello,
Just need one clarification. My mother transfered me 85% of the required funds for POF which I had given her from my savings. I have made a NOC for the said amount detailing the cheque no's and amounts. However the rest 15 % are funded from savings made by my wife and myself. All the money is kept in a joint account and transactions are carried out after we have recieved our ITA. I am hoping this is sufficient enough for proof of funds. Our salaries are clearly mentioned on reference letters as well

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
My FD was joint with myself, wife and mother. It was from Jul'17- Oct'17. I have replaced the new FD from Nov'17 to Jan'18 with my wife only. Remove my mother from the FD.
Is this okey? Do i need to provide any affidavit from my mother to use the funds?

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
By the time you are ready to apply the FD will be around 5 months old. That will suffice. You can also get a gift deep written from your relative. End the confusion
By the

Oh. If I do that my balance will surely come below the required amount.
Thank you so much for your response. I'll better get a gift deed from my relative.

Just one last query ... For documentation can I jus show my fixed deposit certificate or do I need to get letter as well. I suspect The bank won't give me the letter as I'm not in India and won't travel in the next 6 months or so. Any luck with jus my fixed deposit certificate?

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Thank you so much for your response. I'll better get a gift deed from my relative.

Just one last query ... For documentation can I jus show my fixed deposit certificate or do I need to get letter as well. I suspect The bank won't give me the letter as I'm not in India and won't travel in the next 6 months or so. Any luck with jus my fixed deposit certificate?
The letter is required as you need to mention that the FD can be liquidated any time. The FD certificate doesn't mention that. Ask someone from your family or friends to get that done for you. Call the banker and request him. Send a signed registered letter to the bank address. Start doing that right now. Which bank is it?

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
My FD was joint with myself, wife and mother. It was from Jul'17- Oct'17. I have replaced the new FD from Nov'17 to Jan'18 with my wife only. Remove my mother from the FD.
Is this okey? Do i need to provide any affidavit from my mother to use the funds?
If your mother is removed why need an affidavit from her? Is your wife a co applicant? If yes, then ask her to give a signed letter to the bank that for premature withdrawal of the FD only your signature will suffice and attached the copy of that letter to your application along with the bank letter for FD.

Reactions: akila868

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
Hello,
Just need one clarification. My mother transfered me 85% of the required funds for POF which I had given her from my savings. I have made a NOC for the said amount detailing the cheque no's and amounts. However the rest 15 % are funded from savings made by my wife and myself. All the money is kept in a joint account and transactions are carried out after we have recieved our ITA. I am hoping this is sufficient enough for proof of funds. Our salaries are clearly mentioned on reference letters as well
You need to prove that you have access to the funds in a joint account.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
If your mother is removed why need an affidavit from her? Is your wife a co applicant? If yes, then ask her to give a signed letter to the bank that for premature withdrawal of the FD only your signature will suffice and attached the copy of that letter to your application along with the bank letter for FD.
Thank you bro.

redsocks

Feb 7, 2017
to be honest our balance went under as well but we covered it back two weeks later. I guess it depends on whether you can stay on top of things
Hmmm. Okay. I doubt that I can top up my funds so soon. Just wondering what if someone really needs that money for an emergency.

kingofpsg

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
The letter is required as you need to mention that the FD can be liquidated any time. The FD certificate doesn't mention that. Ask someone from your family or friends to get that done for you. Call the banker and request him. Send a signed registered letter to the bank address. Start doing that right now. Which bank is it?
Thanks a lot for your response. I bank with HDFC

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
If a document is missing will cic contact you to provide the details or will they reject you right away. How do things work after you submit your documents and pay fees.

In the process of collecting my documents.

Steveleb123

Mar 23, 2017
AOR Received.
09-01-2018
In one part of filling your profile post ITA they ask you to fill where you traveled in the past years or something like that, to be listed from the most recent. For some reason i fill them the other way around from the least recent. Does it matter or do i have repeat the whole thing?

cs5050206

Jan 4, 2017
I have few questions:
1. I generally tend to park my amount in OD Account (SBI Maxgain Home Loan). Can I get statement of such account for POF?
2. Can I state LIC and PPF as part of POF?
3. Have some funds as part of my wife's accounts but she wont be accompanying me to canada initially. Can I still use those funds for POF? Please confirm.
4. Since I am the primary applicant, is it mandatory for my wife to take PCC, Medicals as part of my application
5. Is it mandatory for wife to takeup ECA and IELTS if she decides to work in Canada at later point in time after her arrival?
@sandyb82
How did you manage the PoF for OD Account? I tool have SBI Maxgain Home Loan account which I use to park most of my fund

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017

1) Explain your situation in the letter of Explanation. but for this much sudden credit you need to provide them evidence that its non-refundable to them. Best way to do it is a legal gift Deed otherwise its difficult to prove that its your money.
2) make sure you save and exit questionnaire properly.
3) May be because you have selected that you have not attended High school.
4) Thats not a problem, but make sure you mention that education as part time. and claim the No. of years accordingly.
5) make sure you save and exit questionnaire properly.
Thank you so much but one thing in confusing, During creation of EE profiles I mentioned her education as full time, and now after ITA if it is changed to part time, won't it create problems?

Regards

Last edited:

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Help in understanding then what type of proof do we need to show to the immigration officer after we get PR and when we initially land in Canada?

hssethi

Jul 31, 2017
So I have a question about PoF. I got my bank letter and the statements last month but haven’t uploaded them yet as was waiting on one of the other documents. Can I upload the same old bank letter and statements or should I get a fresh one out???