+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

mikooo

Feb 27, 2017
in order to get the minimum pof, it is better to sell a property and upload the contract as a proof , or to make a gift deed from my father? which is more acceptable??? because some one told me gift deed is not granted,specially if it is not notarized?
thnx in advance :D

noyoucant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
sirs,, can you please advise me
(1) my parent will gift deed me,, do cic looking for parent 's bank statement too ??
(2) gift deed is happening 20 days after ita,, will cic think is late ??

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Gift deed and the word "borrowing" can't go hand in hand. So don't mention similar words in Letter of Explanation or if CIC asks you anything related to this.. It MUST be a gift not meant to be taken back from you and you should have the right to spend.. You can surely take remaining amount from your father and he will have to give in writing (in the form of gift deed) that he doesn't want this money back, won't have any claim over this amount in future and mentioning his relation with you. Parents giving money to their children is totally fine so relax..
Hey, Will this (gift dead)money need to be transferred before 6 months ? or is it good enough to be for 4months in our account?

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hey, Will this (gift dead)money need to be transferred before 6 months ? or is it good enough to be for 4months in our account?
If you had received gifted money more that 6 months a go, given you only need to provided statements for the last 6 months, CIC wouldn't know the money you had in your account was gifted to you because the transaction would not show up in your 6-months statements. The only time you need to provide a gift dead letter is when you received a considerable amount of money in your account within the past 6 months.

nina84

Jan 12, 2015
ON, Canada
NOC Code......
PhD stream (NOC 2123)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
---
File Transfer...
---
Med's Request
---
VISA ISSUED...
---
LANDED..........
---
Hi All,

I'm new here and would appreciate some help. I'm opening my EE profile and my score is good and would likely get an invite in the next round. However I have a question.

Does the 13K that I need for my financial proof need to be in my account the whole 6 months ?
My bank balance is below the requirement I can borrow money but it would still be less than 6 months from the day i get my invite. would that cause a problem?

Also, I have another account with sufficient amount in my home country but I only opened it this month.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hi friends,

While uploading my documents for PR application i discover that my POF is way more than 4MG.
What can i do in such situation?
I seriously need help.

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hi All,

I'm new here and would appreciate some help. I'm opening my EE profile and my score is good and would likely get an invite in the next round. However I have a question.

Does the 13K that I need for my financial proof need to be in my account the whole 6 months ?
My bank balance is below the requirement I can borrow money but it would still be less than 6 months from the day i get my invite. would that cause a problem?

Also, I have another account with sufficient amount in my home country but I only opened it this month.

Check for this : gift deed affidavit , some people are saying, if we have this affidavit , then the time doesn't matter (gift deed: taking money from parents - with the disclaimer that , it is a gift from them and we don't have to return this money to them

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Check for this : gift deed affidavit , some people are saying, if we have this affidavit , then the time doesn't matter (gift deed: taking money from parents - with the disclaimer that , it is a gift from them and we don't have to return this money to them
Am also in the same state - do let me know if u fnd something on this

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
Hi All,

If you didn't have the required balance for PR 6 months prior to your application or If you borrowed a considerable amount of money to meet the required balance, then you better provide a gift deed along with your POF, otherwise CIC may conclude the money was borrowed (meaning it was not yours) and can reject your application based on that.

Also just to be safe, you should keep the money in your account until you receive PR because you may be asked again to provide POF during PR process or at landing in Canada.

Reactions: Bhoomi12

Bhoomi12

Star Member
May 14, 2017
If you didn't have the required balance for PR 6 months prior to your application or If you borrowed a considerable amount of money to meet the required balance, then you better provide a gift deed along with your POF, otherwise CIC may conclude the money was borrowed (meaning it was not yours) and can reject your application based on that.

Also just to be safe, you should keep the money in your account until you receive PR because you may be asked again to provide POF during PR process or at landing in Canada.
Thanks

faraz2512

Dec 16, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
1311 & 1215
AOR Received.
09-08-2017
Hello All,

I'm getting a gift deed from my father. We are Indians who reside in KSA.
Can anybody comment on how to go along with it?
At the moment am just getting a signed letter from him on a plain paper with goes as follows. Let me know if this is enough.

I Mr. XX father of Mr. XX(primary applicant) is giving my son money worth of XX. I have gifted this money from my personal bank account no. XX (bank name & branch) in the from of a bank transfer dated XX. This transaction was made directly into Mr. XX account.
I Mr. XX (father) is giving this money as a gift to cover all his expenses for Canadian immigration process and for helping him to settle in Canada in future.

Signed:
Passport #
Date:

Attached documents:
Bank Transfer slip
Copy of receiver bank account statement. 6months.

AmirHNK

Nov 6, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Passport Req..
16-05-2017
I
Hello All,

I'm getting a gift deed from my father. We are Indians who reside in KSA.
Can anybody comment on how to go along with it?
At the moment am just getting a signed letter from him on a plain paper with goes as follows. Let me know if this is enough.

I Mr. XX father of Mr. XX(primary applicant) is giving my son money worth of XX. I have gifted this money from my personal bank account no. XX (bank name & branch) in the from of a bank transfer dated XX. This transaction was made directly into Mr. XX account.
I Mr. XX (father) is giving this money as a gift to cover all his expenses for Canadian immigration process and for helping him to settle in Canada in future.

Signed:
Passport #
Date:

Attached documents:
Bank Transfer slip
Copy of receiver bank account statement. 6months.
I personally don't know the existence of any specific requirement or template for a gift deed. However given your letter and the proposed attachments along with it, I can tell you it sounds very convincing. Others here can use yours as a template for a gift deed :)

Reactions: faraz2512