+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

HadiMilan

May 3, 2017
Hey, everyone!

I'm new to this forum! I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question.

So my wife and I received our ITA (I'm the main applicant), but we are a bit confused about the Proof of fund.
I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Toronto. My current bank balance is a bit over 10K, and I wonder if I can use my University funding as the proof of fund.
I have my admission letter+Scholarship letter+ a letter from the associate dean of the faculty which she wrote a few days ago 1) outlining the funding (Tuition and fees+30K stipend per year), 2) indicating that the funding is guaranteed till September 2020, 3) explaining my current standing in the program, assuring the officer that I'm doing well in my courses and stuff. In addition, since I just finished my first year, I can show bank records of how university have been paying me since last September.
Having said that, do you think I can use my Bank statement of 10K + my scholarship letters + the Associate Dean's letter as the proof of fund? Or I still need to show that 15K bank balance?

I'll be very grateful if you guys help me with this :)

Thanks in Advance,
Hadi

salikgilani

Apr 27, 2017
I had my father make a transfer to my bank account to meet the minimum requirement. This was done last month. Since I did not have money in my bank for previous 6 months, would a gift deed suffice? Also, is there a particular format for the gift deed or any essential information that needs to be on it?

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
I managed to get a stamped letter from Post Office with details of my depsout accounts. However, the letter is not their letter head, it is on plain paper but stamped by them.

Do I need to get this notarized too ?

iverma

Apr 10, 2017
Hi,

I want to show employee provident fund as POF so I contacted the EPFO office. They said you can take the statement online and it would be valid. Can anyone help on this?

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hi all,

I have stamped receipts (translated by a certified translator) from the jewelry store proving that I sold around 10.000 USD jewelry. We received most of these at our wedding and when our baby was born. Plus we had some savings as gold. I will write a LOE explaining this.

I already have 2000 USD in my USD savings account.

I need to show around 14.000 USD in total, therefore I will transfer the rest of the 2000 USD from my salary account to the USD savings account.

Would this be enough as proof of funds? Do you think I should do something more?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone.
I have a question about gift deed. My brother sent me some money 3 months ago through e-transfer and I want to mention that money in a gift deed. My question is the date of the gift deed document should be close to date that money has been transferred to my account or it is OK if i put the current date for this gift deed document.
Thank you
You can put the current date but it should make reference that the money was deposited 3 months ago.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my father make a transfer to my bank account to meet the minimum requirement. This was done last month. Since I did not have money in my bank for previous 6 months, would a gift deed suffice? Also, is there a particular format for the gift deed or any essential information that needs to be on it?
Yes, get a gift deed and provide proof of transfer.

There are several templates in this forum, you just have to look for them.

HadiMilan

May 3, 2017
Hey, everyone!

I'm new to this forum! I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question.

So my wife and I received our ITA (I'm the main applicant), but we are a bit confused about the Proof of fund.
I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Toronto. My current bank balance is a bit over 10K, and I wonder if I can use my University funding as the proof of fund.
I have my admission letter+Scholarship letter+ a letter from the associate dean of the faculty which she wrote a few days ago 1) outlining the funding (Tuition and fees+30K stipend per year), 2) indicating that the funding is guaranteed till September 2020, 3) explaining my current standing in the program, assuring the officer that I'm doing well in my courses and stuff. In addition, since I just finished my first year, I can show bank records of how university have been paying me since last September.
Having said that, do you think I can use my Bank statement of 10K + my scholarship letters + the Associate Dean's letter as the proof of fund? Or I still need to show that 15K bank balance?

I'll be very grateful if you guys help me with this :)

Thanks in Advance,
Hadi

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this question! I understand that this might be a repeated question, but honestly I have searched this website several times and haven't found any answers for it. Hope you guys can help.

Thanks again :)

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017

I am applying from USA for Canada and i am wondering about the documents i need to submit for Proof of Funds.

Document Checklist says:
"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.
This must list all your bank (checking , savings), investment accounts, all outstanding debts (credit cards & loans), etc with avg balance, on letterhead, etc..."

I have been in USA for a long time and i have been banking with couple banks, have investment accounts in third bank, Home Loan & Student Loan from 2 different banks and few credit cards from different banks. In total like 8-9 financial institutions.

I have required funds($20K CAN) by Canada immigration in one account at one bank(ABC) for more than six months.

I am confused as to what documents should i submit?

Should i submit only proof of funds letter from ABC Bank with 6 months of Statements?
OR
Do i need to get letters from all 8-9 banks and submit them? This will be lot of work and all my CC have no real debt on them except for day to day usage.

Thanks for help in advance.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am applying from USA for Canada and i am wondering about the documents i need to submit for Proof of Funds.

Document Checklist says:
"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.
This must list all your bank (checking , savings), investment accounts, all outstanding debts (credit cards & loans), etc with avg balance, on letterhead, etc..."

I have been in USA for a long time and i have been banking with couple banks, have investment accounts in third bank, Home Loan & Student Loan from 2 different banks and few credit cards from different banks. In total like 8-9 financial institutions.

I have required funds($20K CAN) by Canada immigration in one account at one bank(ABC) for more than six months.

I am confused as to what documents should i submit?

Should i submit only proof of funds letter from ABC Bank with 6 months of Statements?
OR
Do i need to get letters from all 8-9 banks and submit them? This will be lot of work and all my CC have no real debt on them except for day to day usage.

Thanks for help in advance.
The account where you meet the minimum required funds is sufficient.

Reactions: HadiMilan

mhbin

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Hi all,

I have stamped receipts (translated by a certified translator) from the jewelry store proving that I sold around 10.000 USD jewelry. We received most of these at our wedding and when our baby was born. Plus we had some savings as gold. I will write a LOE explaining this.

I already have 2000 USD in my USD savings account.

I need to show around 14.000 USD in total, therefore I will transfer the rest of the 2000 USD from my salary account to the USD savings account.

Would this be enough as proof of funds? Do you think I should do something more?
Can anyone help me on this, please? I am about to finalize my application but I want to be sure about this.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help me on this, please? I am about to finalize my application but I want to be sure about this.
What you're including for the 10k is good.

Just make sure you can account for the last 4k (proof of transfer if using different bank accounts) and you'll be fine.

Reactions: mhbin

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hi,

I want to show employee provident fund as POF so I contacted the EPFO office. They said you can take the statement online and it would be valid. Can anyone help on this?
Even I am planning to show EPF amount. The problem is that they wont give any letter. But, I will try and get the online statement stamped from them. That's the least they should do