+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

pavel2017

Star Member
May 9, 2017
I am applying from USA for Canada and i am wondering about the documents i need to submit for Proof of Funds.

Document Checklist says:
"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.
This must list all your bank (checking , savings), investment accounts, all outstanding debts (credit cards & loans), etc with avg balance, on letterhead, etc..."

I have been in USA for a long time and i have been banking with couple banks, have investment accounts in third bank, Home Loan & Student Loan from 2 different banks and few credit cards from different banks. In total like 8-9 financial institutions.

I have required funds($20K CAN) by Canada immigration in one account at one bank(ABC) for more than six months.

I am confused as to what documents should i submit?

Should i submit only proof of funds letter from ABC Bank with 6 months of Statements?
OR
Do i need to get letters from all 8-9 banks and submit them? This will be lot of work and all my CC have no real debt on them except for day to day usage.

Thanks for help in advance.

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
I am applying from USA for Canada and i am wondering about the documents i need to submit for Proof of Funds.

Document Checklist says:
"If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile.
This must list all your bank (checking , savings), investment accounts, all outstanding debts (credit cards & loans), etc with avg balance, on letterhead, etc..."

I have been in USA for a long time and i have been banking with couple banks, have investment accounts in third bank, Home Loan & Student Loan from 2 different banks and few credit cards from different banks. In total like 8-9 financial institutions.

I have required funds($20K CAN) by Canada immigration in one account at one bank(ABC) for more than six months.

I am confused as to what documents should i submit?

Should i submit only proof of funds letter from ABC Bank with 6 months of Statements?
OR
Do i need to get letters from all 8-9 banks and submit them? This will be lot of work and all my CC have no real debt on them except for day to day usage.

Thanks for help in advance.
Yes, you can submit the POF from ABC, this is sufficient. If you have any credit card or loan in ABC bank then include that as well.

walk_2_canada

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Saskatoon, SK
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I just want to tailgate.
I have my funds disbursed across two banks should I get letter from both the banks ? What should be the type of document I should be asking to bank officials ?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I just want to tailgate.
I have my funds disbursed across two banks should I get letter from both the banks ? What should be the type of document I should be asking to bank officials ?
The wording indicates that we need to get letters from ALL banks where we have accounts:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Proof of funds
Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family

Document requirements
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.