+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Mamajama

Mar 26, 2014
Naija
NOC Code......
hello all,

1. we just sold a piece of land and the money is more than enough for pof, we intend to write loe for the sudden large amount of money but my worry is its not up to 3 months and we just go ITA, if we submit our application with the less than 3 months money, will that be a problem?

2. I am the PA but my spouse whom i indicated as accompanying intends to join me in canada after 2 years, would that be a problem?

Please help a confused/worried applicant

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Mamajama said:
hello all,

1. we just sold a piece of land and the money is more than enough for pof, we intend to write loe for the sudden large amount of money but my worry is its not up to 3 months and we just go ITA, if we submit our application with the less than 3 months money, will that be a problem?
You can attach the sale deed of the property and it will prove the source of the funds. That will be fine.

2. I am the PA but my spouse whom i indicated as accompanying intends to join me in canada after 2 years, would that be a problem? Not a problem if you being the PA complete the landing procedure before the expiry of COPR.

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Hi Forum Members, I need a help regarding my Proof Of Funds Submission..

In addition to my FDs, Employee Provident Fund (which meet my requirement of 25k CAD) , I'm also planning to show some funds from my wife's account too.

I have some FDs in my wife's name (created in March 2017, i.e last month) and have got the required Balance confirmation receipts + FD receipts from her Bank. Can I just attach these 3 documents i.e.
1, Balance Certificate
2. Bank Letter stating current balance and addressed to Canadian Immigration
3. FD Scan

or would I be required to show 6 months bank statements for her too since these FDs are new?

Thanks in advance!

vm87

Mar 26, 2017
Hi Members,

I have a quick question regarding proof of funds:

I have multiple accounts in the US and India. The funds in my US accounts are more than sufficient for proof of funds requirements. Although I am planning to show bank certificates and 6 months of statements from US accounts, do I still need to disclose and show funds in my Indian accounts?

Thanks,
Vikram

sunny5868

Jan 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

A question for you. Is the monetary gift for PoF can only come from an immediate family member or someone close can give it as well. My girlfriend ( we aren't common law partners) wants to help me out. Please advise on this matter.

Thanks

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
melmathews said:
Hi Forum Members, I need a help regarding my Proof Of Funds Submission..

In addition to my FDs, Employee Provident Fund (which meet my requirement of 25k CAD) , I'm also planning to show some funds from my wife's account too.

I have some FDs in my wife's name (created in March 2017, i.e last month) and have got the required Balance confirmation receipts + FD receipts from her Bank. Can I just attach these 3 documents i.e.
1, Balance Certificate
2. Bank Letter stating current balance and addressed to Canadian Immigration
3. FD Scan

or would I be required to show 6 months bank statements for her too since these FDs are new?

Thanks in advance!
yes you would need to show the trail of the money used for these FDs. Also you would need a declaration from your spouse that she allows you to utilize the funds for immigration purpose and she will be accompanying you upon receiving the COPR

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
vm87 said:
Hi Members,

I have a quick question regarding proof of funds:

I have multiple accounts in the US and India. The funds in my US accounts are more than sufficient for proof of funds requirements. Although I am planning to show bank certificates and 6 months of statements from US accounts, do I still need to disclose and show funds in my Indian accounts?

Thanks,
Vikram
show only the accounts that you need for POF and not others

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
sunny5868 said:
Hi everyone,

A question for you. Is the monetary gift for PoF can only come from an immediate family member or someone close can give it as well. My girlfriend ( we aren't common law partners) wants to help me out. Please advise on this matter.

Thanks
Gift can come from friend also but it would involve taxation related concerns. Better check with a lawyer

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding below response, will there be a need to apply for Visa (or any other process) again for dependents if they join later while PA lands in Canada before COPR expiry?

2. I am the PA but my spouse whom i indicated as accompanying intends to join me in canada after 2 years, would that be a problem? Not a problem if you being the PA complete the landing procedure before the expiry of COPR.

hawk1301

Mar 20, 2017
I have received my ITA and it has been 20 days now. I need urgent help regarding proof of funds. Is anyone willing to share his phone number and help me out ? I have multiple questions. Thanks in advance!. I will send you a gift at it address once I get this resolved. :)

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
hawk1301 said:
I have received my ITA and it has been 20 days now. I need urgent help regarding proof of funds. Is anyone willing to share his phone number and help me out ? I have multiple questions. Thanks in advance!. I will send you a gift at it address once I get this resolved. :)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/CGAFxOA0ZHz2l0rFWwTUPZ

Join the above whatsapp group and there are many people who will help you out.

gpsingh12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have a personal loan running and going to borrow money from my father whatever is falling short for POF.
My concern is, will this loan cause any conflict for POF ?

Thanks in advance guys :)

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
Mamajama said:
hello all,

2. I am the PA but my spouse whom i indicated as accompanying intends to join me in canada after 2 years, would that be a problem?

Hello Applicant.
I don't think that you must show your POF for at least three months. When I started my case, neither did I sent the POF for three months. If I remember, it was only for about a month or so.

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
gpsingh12 said:
Hello Guys,

I have a personal loan running and going to borrow money from my father whatever is falling short for POF.
My concern is, will this loan cause any conflict for POF ?

Thanks in advance guys :)
Not at all