+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:
Thank you Vishalg for your quick answer. I have some more query related to the same. Kind request to advice urgently.
Also I have not declared home loan, Is that OK?
Thanks in advance

Prabag
Home loan will not impact your application. Would be ok, even if you mention it, so if bank has given you a letter mentioning that you don't have any loan then it's fine.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Judsywudsy said:
Ok Thanks. Any experts can help?
Cavemen gave you the right answer.
If you have money in your account for more than 6 months then no trail to be provided.
If you have received money within last 6 month you need to provide documents to prove that the sum is yours and not borrowed. Do you have any legal document that allows you to receive child support money, if yes then you can use it. Valuation of car, house etc. Will not be counted unless you sell them and get the money in your account and upload the sale deed along with proof of transfer. All gifts to be supported with gift deed and proof of transfer.

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
cavemen said:
Is this draft No objection Letter from my husband good enough ?

I xxxx is a co-applicant with my wife yyyy who is the prime applicant in our application for Canadian Immigration. I would like to state that all the funds in my ICICI Bank account 000 are available for the purpose of immigration and I have no objections what so ever if yyy access and utilizes the funds from my above-mentioned bank account.
In addition to the funds in her bank account I request you to kindly also consider these funds for the purpose of our Canadian Immigration.
May I ask, are you showing proof of funds only in the name of the accompanying spouse or adding to funds in the name of the primary applicant?
Thank you,

EdieRo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
We are a family of two living in Canada with study and work permits.
I am the primary applicant with an accompanying spouse. We just received ITA and all our savings are in my accompanying spouse's bank account.
I have been searching and found many different opinions regarding to this situation, I have also called CIC call centre and emailed CIC Ottawa but they were not able to provide guidance. We wanted to clarify:

1 - Is it acceptable to provide the bank letter and statements from my accompanying spouse bank account as the only proof of funds?

2 - If accompanying spouse needs to issue a letter/declaration for the use of the amount in spouse's bank account for the purpose of settlement in Canada, does it need to be an affidavit or notarized?

3 - Should we transfer the required amount (approximately CAD16,000) to primary applicant's bank account in Canada?
If so, does accompanying spouse need to provide a letter to confirm the amount was freely transferred for primary applicant's use and there are no objections or obligations?

Your assistance to this matter will be greatly appreciated!

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
vishalg said:
Home loan will not impact your application. Would be ok, even if you mention it, so if bank has given you a letter mentioning that you don't have any loan then it's fine.
Thank you Vishalg for your quick reply.
I have home loan from HDFC home loan bank. All funds are in SBI & Andhra Bank for POF. Salary account is in HDFC account. So, there is no loan from any savings bank account, but Banks are not mentioning that there is no loan except Andhra Bank. Andhra Bank mentioned that there is no loan or debit on this account. I am showing only SBI and Andhra bank funds. Is it ok not to show Home loan as it is not from SBI, HDFC and Andhra bank?
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
I have a steady flow of funds but just recently I have been able to manage the cutoff of 18835 CAD for a family of 3. All the money in the account is from my salary and i can prove it with my pay stubs. So, its like gradual increase in the funds BUT if they see the past 6 months balance, it is NOT met. Should I be fine?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiranjit said:
I have a steady flow of funds but just recently I have been able to manage the cutoff of 18835 CAD for a family of 3. All the money in the account is from my salary and i can prove it with my pay stubs. So, its like gradual increase in the funds BUT if they see the past 6 months balance, it is NOT met. Should I be fine?
Yes.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
prabag said:
I have home loan from HDFC home loan bank. All funds are in SBI & Andhra Bank for POF. Salary account is in HDFC account. So, there is no loan from any savings bank account, but Banks are not mentioning that there is no loan except Andhra Bank. Andhra Bank mentioned that there is no loan or debit on this account. I am showing only SBI and Andhra bank funds. Is it ok not to show Home loan as it is not from SBI, HDFC and Andhra bank?
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.
Vishalg, please reply

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:
Kindly advice.
Thanks in advance.
if you are quoting only these 2 accounts then it should be fine.
I have a friend who got a letter from SBI without any mention of loans, got his PR about 6 months back.

Karenkl

Mar 23, 2017
Chile
Passport Req..
29/08/2017
Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding money...I have $9,000 in my bank account, I can show I have them for more than 6 months, however I know I have to prove $12,000. My mother wants to give me the rest of the money and some extra which is in total $4,000, so I was wondering if that's possible, it won't be a loan, it's a gift from her.

Is there a letter that she can write saying that she is giving me this money, and it's not a loan? would CIC accept that?
thanks in advance!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Karenkl said:
Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding money...I have $9,000 in my bank account, I can show I have them for more than 6 months, however I know I have to prove $12,000. My mother wants to give me the rest of the money and some extra which is in total $4,000, so I was wondering if that's possible, it won't be a loan, it's a gift from her.

Is there a letter that she can write saying that she is giving me this money, and it's not a loan? would CIC accept that?
thanks in advance!
Yes, its called a gift deed and you can get one from your mother. CIC will accept it.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
can anyone please post some sample gift deed ? could've been a great help. Thanks in advance :)

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
KRahman said:
can anyone please post some sample gift deed ? could've been a great help. Thanks in advance :)
check this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t349224.0.html

Realme

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
nigeria
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
IP1-29-06-2017
Hello all,

Just a quick question,can treasury bill be use as POF?