Feb 23, 2017
São Paulo
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
Hi there everyone!

Couple of questions:
  • My husband is the main applicant but money is in my account (not joint)... is that ok? he has enough money as well but its not standing there in his account for 6 months. We dont have a joint account.
  • The money is in my account for 6 months, do we have to prove its source anyway? we sold an apartment

Thanks ;D

yuanteo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys

anybody got through with a joint account with ur parents, by providing supporting like letter of consent/gift affidavit/ using half of the funds. or did anyone open a new bank account in ur own name and transferred funds over but it was less than 6 months. with explanations of cuz.

thank u!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laisluba said:
Hi there everyone!

Couple of questions:
  • My husband is the main applicant but money is in my account (not joint)... is that ok? he has enough money as well but its not standing there in his account for 6 months. We dont have a joint account.
  • The money is in my account for 6 months, do we have to prove its source anyway? we sold an apartment

Thanks ;D
1 - Yes, that's fine.
2 - No need to prove its source as you've had the money for 6 months.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Advice please Vishalg and other experts...................
I received ITA on 22nd feb 2017 and submitted application on 6th April 2017.
However, I have done one mistake related to job reference letter. As our HR dont give Job reference letter on letterhead, I took this letter from my senior on stamp paper. At the end of the job reference letter on stamp paper, it is mentioned by senior as :
"Statutory declaration: This letter is given in my personal capacity to xxxxx. This is not on be half of xxxxx(company name)"
Is it ok to add this declaration or not?
Kindly suggest.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
olipearce1987 said:
I have a savings account with plenty of funds ($24000 for 2) which has been there over 6 months. I have had some small recent activity on money in and out but nothing much ($1660 out, 830 in), still well above the threshhold . THis account is just a savings account so has only really had money going in each month over the last 1-2 years, so do I not have to show the source of the funds, or is this sufficient for CIC even though its obviously not my standard account where the savings are coming from.

Is it ok just to show this?
anyone?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
yuanteo said:
hi guys

anybody got through with a joint account with ur parents, by providing supporting like letter of consent/gift affidavit/ using half of the funds. or did anyone open a new bank account in ur own name and transferred funds over but it was less than 6 months. with explanations of cuz.

thank u!
Joint account with parents is not accepted.
You can open a new account, transfer the funds from your parents' account and get a gift deed.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
crimsonautumn said:
If the funds have been there for more than 6 months, it is fine.
i am going to put in a letter of explanation as well that the amount if have put against my express entry profile is the amount which I have had in the account for 6 months of greater.

crimsonautumn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
olipearce1987 said:
i am going to put in a letter of explanation as well that the amount if have put against my express entry profile is the amount which I have had in the account for 6 months of greater.
Hang on. Are you not intending to get the letter from the bank ? I suggest you do it and also attach last 6 months bank statement if the bank letter does not clearly state everything what the CIC wants. After doing these, you can add your explanations in LoE.

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
crimsonautumn said:
Hang on. Are you not intending to get the letter from the bank ? I suggest you do it and also attach last 6 months bank statement if the bank letter does not clearly state everything what the CIC wants. After doing these, you can add your explanations in LoE.
British banks do not do letters, so I cannot attach one. the bank would only give me 6 month statement, on their paper, signed and stamped by them.

Tikhe0001

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends,

somebody please help me with my proof of funds issue.
My bank is ready to issue the proof of funds letter as per CIC's format.
however, It is ready to write that the funds are unencumbered and/or free of any lien.
will t create any issue? If yes, what can be my alternate options?

thanks in advance

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Hi Guys,

Need your suggestion on this delimma,

I am the primary account holder of my savings account which is in INDIA and my parents are in as Joint (secondary applicants). I got all necessary documents from my Bank which includes
1. Letter (without average balance) (on my name)
2. 6 months statement (this document includes my name + parents names)
3. Fixed Deposit statement (on my name)

I have concerns on point # 2 where my parents name is also included in Bank Statement. What do I do in this case?
Should I get a letter from parents with their signature that this Account is primary MY account and we have no concerns? BTW, I have enough proof to explain that this is my account as I have been remitting my salary from my salary account (overseas) on monthly basis to my savings account in India.

Thanks

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
metal said:
Hi Guys,

Need your suggestion on this delimma,

I am the primary account holder of my savings account which is in INDIA and my parents are in as Joint (secondary applicants). I got all necessary documents from my Bank which includes
1. Letter (without average balance) (on my name)
2. 6 months statement (this document includes my name + parents names)
3. Fixed Deposit statement (on my name)

I have concerns on point # 2 where my parents name is also included in Bank Statement. What do I do in this case?
Should I get a letter from parents with their signature that this Account is primary MY account and we have no concerns? BTW, I have enough proof to explain that this is my account as I have been remitting my salary from my salary account (overseas) on monthly basis to my savings account in India.

Thanks
Easier option is to ask your bank to mention the average balance for 6 months in the letter. Then you will not need to show your 6 months bank statements.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tikhe0001 said:
Friends,

somebody please help me with my proof of funds issue.
My bank is ready to issue the proof of funds letter as per CIC's format.
however, It is ready to write that the funds are unencumbered and/or free of any lien.
will t create any issue? If yes, what can be my alternate options?

thanks in advance
Why would this be an issue? You are good with this letter.

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
1. Bank is not providing average balance
2. I am remitting my salary from overseas account to Indian Account, in this case I am providing with statements to prove that this is my money which is incrementally increasing every month. I have had the required LICO amount just touched 3 months back and I have to submit my application by the end of this month.

Hence, I would like to know if a letter from parents duly signed by them mentioning that this account belongs to him primarily would suffice?

Maverick28 said:
Easier option is to ask your bank to mention the average balance for 6 months in the letter. Then you will not need to show your 6 months bank statements.