+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Dear All

I am about to submit my application and regarding POF, have the following:

1. Letter from my bank providing my account details, current balance and monthly average balance.
2. Gift Deed from my dad on Stamp (Notary) paper as he is giving me this money.
3. Bank Statement of my account showing credit from my dad.
4. Bank statement of my dad's account showing transfer of funds through cheque.
5. Letter from my bank, certifying that the amount was actually transferred from my dad's bank account through cheque number xxxxxxxxxx.

Is this enough or i need to add something else? Secondly as i am using gift deed for POF, do I need supportive LOE? if Yes what should it contain?

Lastly, this transaction is about a month old so what should be an ideal period for the bank statement of both accounts ( mine and that of my dad's)

Thank You

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is this draft No objection Letter from my husband good enough ?

I xxxx is a co-applicant with my wife yyyy who is the prime applicant in our application for Canadian Immigration. I would like to state that all the funds in my ICICI Bank account 000 are available for the purpose of immigration and I have no objections what so ever if yyy access and utilizes the funds from my above-mentioned bank account.
In addition to the funds in her bank account I request you to kindly also consider these funds for the purpose of our Canadian Immigration.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
I have a few questions about POF. I am a single applicant.

1) I live with my parents, can some kind of affidavit or letter be issued from my parents to show proof of funds on my behalf since all the funds they own is accessible to me but not in my account specifically.

2) What about deposits? Normally the banks show in statement that TOTAL funds under my name are X which include my term deposits or other fixed deposits as well as cash lying idle in account. Most people here don't keep large sums of idle cash as deposits can be conveniently broken on short notice. Is this okay or does ALL cash need to be idle?

I gave both of the above when I went to UK for an year on tier 5 but I am not sure about EE.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
BasitBangash said:
Dear All

I am about to submit my application and regarding POF, have the following:

1. Letter from my bank providing my account details, current balance and monthly average balance.
2. Gift Deed from my dad on Stamp (Notary) paper as he is giving me this money.
3. Bank Statement of my account showing credit from my dad.
4. Bank statement of my dad's account showing transfer of funds through cheque.
5. Letter from my bank, certifying that the amount was actually transferred from my dad's bank account through cheque number xxxxxxxxxx.

Is this enough or i need to add something else? Secondly as i am using gift deed for POF, do I need supportive LOE? if Yes what should it contain?
More than enough. Use an LOE (covering letter and explain what all you are uploading and for what reasons (this just gives more clarity)

Lastly, this transaction is about a month old so what should be an ideal period for the bank statement of both accounts ( mine and that of my dad's)
Try to submit all bank docs within 2-3 weeks of getting them issued.
Best of luck

Thank You

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
cavemen said:
Is this draft No objection Letter from my husband good enough ?

I xxxx is a co-applicant with my wife yyyy who is the prime applicant in our application for Canadian Immigration. I would like to state that all the funds in my ICICI Bank account 000 are available for the purpose of immigration and I have no objections what so ever if yyy access and utilizes the funds from my above-mentioned bank account.
In addition to the funds in her bank account I request you to kindly also consider these funds for the purpose of our Canadian Immigration.
Looks good, also mention that you will be accompanying the principal applicant upon receiving the COPR.
Best of luck

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
ParulB said:
I have a few questions about POF. I am a single applicant.

1) I live with my parents, can some kind of affidavit or letter be issued from my parents to show proof of funds on my behalf since all the funds they own is accessible to me but not in my account specifically.
They have to be in your account. If they transfer it to your account, get a gift deed and also upload the proof of transfer.

2) What about deposits? Normally the banks show in statement that TOTAL funds under my name are X which include my term deposits or other fixed deposits as well as cash lying idle in account. Most people here don't keep large sums of idle cash as deposits can be conveniently broken on short notice. Is this okay or does ALL cash need to be idle?
FDs are accepted
I gave both of the above when I went to UK for an year on tier 5 but I am not sure about EE.

BasitBangash

Apr 5, 2016
Thank you vishalg. So I will submit these docs as support upload for POF and write a LOE right? Also should these statements be six months old or just showing that major transaction?

Judsywudsy

Star Member
May 13, 2016
A little help here

So i have been putting together the funds needed for me and my daughter. In the last 3 months i have deposited about half the money in my account at different stages. Do I need to explain how i got those funds? they were just from money that was owed to me as well as money given to me from the kids father ( child support).
My sister is gifting me another hefty sum and will write a gift deed. Is that sufficient? Or should i have my car valued and add that to the financial info since i intend on selling it when i need to leave.

With the money my sister is gifting me and what i have in the bank now. It will be sufficient to cover the monies needed.

Thanks

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judsywudsy said:
A little help here

So i have been putting together the funds needed for me and my daughter. In the last 3 months i have deposited about half the money in my account at different stages. Do I need to explain how i got those funds? they were just from money that was owed to me as well as money given to me from the kids father ( child support).
My sister is gifting me another hefty sum and will write a gift deed. Is that sufficient? Or should i have my car valued and add that to the financial info since i intend on selling it when i need to leave.

With the money my sister is gifting me and what i have in the bank now. It will be sufficient to cover the monies needed.

Thanks
For the deposits that you have made for the last 3 months you need to show from where the money has come from and that it belongs to you.
I am not sure how you can go about with showing that its the child support money, do you have any document that proves that its child support money? I would request you to wait for some experts to comment on this .
Yes gift deed from your sister is good enough. No need to evaluate your car this will just add to complications

cavemen

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am attaching Mutual Funds pdf statements that are sent by the mutual fund houses to the registered email address as proof of redemption. Will that be enough or do I need to get them stamped from individual fund houses ?

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
cavemen said:
I am attaching Mutual Funds pdf statements that are sent by the mutual fund houses to the registered email address as proof of redemption. Will that be enough or do I need to get them stamped from individual fund houses ?
redemption statement along with the same amount transferred​ in your account reflected through the bank statement will be good enough.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
BasitBangash said:
Thank you vishalg. So I will submit these docs as support upload for POF and write a LOE right? Also should these statements be six months old or just showing that major transaction?
well, if you are getting the statements, go for 6 months. In LOE/covering letter mention important transactions that you want to highlight.