Rav@1

Sep 11, 2016
Passport Req..
07-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-09-2017
I started an FD on 28 Oct 2016, as of today it is 5 months old. I will submit my application in the coming week, should i bother about a gift deed? By the time they review my application I believe the funds would be 6 months old...

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys i need help to decide which is the best route to do,my wife had her money account in the post office,they provided us with a 12 month bank statement and a balance certificate mentioning the name,account no and balance,the letter is in arabic so i took it along with the statetment to translate them,a few members said that the post office is not a financial institution and advised to move the money into a bank account so my wife opened a bank account,they bank will provide us with a bank statement showing the money deposition into the account and a bank letter in english showing the balance,account holder name,bank logo,type of account and they will stamp it with the branch stamp where there is a place for the telephone no and fax that they fill by writing,email and website is not written,to be honest am confused and am not sure if that will be enough,i have few doubts and am not sure what to do:

1-do you think if i am better with the post office papers only or putting the money in a bank account is better??

2-the bank letter is black and white,is it an issue?

3-will it add more credibility if i stamp the papers from the ministry of exterior and central bank??

4-should i try to find another bank that can provide another letter or it wont make a diff??

5-should i try to have a gift deed?and what are the requirements for a proper gift deed process

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Guys i need help to decide which is the best route to do,my wife had her money account in the post office,they provided us with a 12 month bank statement and a balance certificate mentioning the name,account no and balance,the letter is in arabic so i took it along with the statetment to translate them,a few members said that the post office is not a financial institution and advised to move the money into a bank account so my wife opened a bank account,they bank will provide us with a bank statement showing the money deposition into the account and a bank letter in english showing the balance,account holder name,bank logo,type of account and they will stamp it with the branch stamp where there is a place for the telephone no and fax that they fill by writing,email and website is not written,to be honest am confused and am not sure if that will be enough,i have few doubts and am not sure what to do:

1-do you think if i am better with the post office papers only or putting the money in a bank account is better??

Post office papers are acceptable as long as the letter head has information about the post office including the address, phone number etc and the letter has the sign and seal and designation of the authorised officer issuing the statement.

2-the bank letter is black and white,is it an issue?

Color is preferred. There have been cases where people have uploaded black and white scans of documents like PCC and it was not accepted.

3-will it add more credibility if i stamp the papers from the ministry of exterior and central bank??

It is irrelevant. The bank's/post office's own sign or seal is the best way to ascertain the credibility of the document

4-should i try to find another bank that can provide another letter or it wont make a diff??

You may try

5-should i try to have a gift deed?and what are the requirements for a proper gift deed process

If there is a large incoming transaction less than 6 months old, a gift deed is advisable. I dont know the gift deed process in your country. In India, any Chartered Accountant may be approached for one

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys just a question,i was able to acquire a bank certificate but without the 6 months average balance..can i submit the estatement which the bank sends every end of the month to my email?or should i request a statement of account from the bank which is not cheap..it would cost me 120 sg dollars for the last six months statement.

AkashPatel1990

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
Hi All,

Regarding Proof of funds. Can I show my US bank statement. Or do I need a some notarized or attested document from the bank. If Bank statement is good, how many months of bank statement do I need to show. If bank statements are not allowed, what should I ask my bank for(I have a account in Chase bank)

fabiosmartini

Mar 12, 2017
Porto Alegre - Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I do not have enough money in my bank account, but I do have it in cash (and declared in my annual income taxes for the last 3 years). I just deposited all of it into a saving account. Since I have proof it is mine because of the income tax, will it be an issue just to have it deposited all at once, considering I just received an ITA?

rupinder2k17

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Patiala, Punjab
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-03-2017
Doc's Request.
18-07-2017
AOR Received.
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
21-07-2017
Passport Req..
10-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2017
Hello everyone,

As of now, in my family we are two of us including my wife. Also, we are expecting our first child next month, so that makes it 3 family members before i submit my application.

Thing is my wife and my child wont be accompanying me as of now and i have not claimed any points for her in my ITA. Now, my question is would i have to show proof of funds for 3 family members or just me?

please suggest.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Rav@1 said:
I started an FD on 28 Oct 2016, as of today it is 5 months old. I will submit my application in the coming week, should i bother about a gift deed? By the time they review my application I believe the funds would be 6 months old...
FD should be 6 months old at the time of getting the balance certificate, if it is less than 6 months, you will need to show the money trail for FD and prove that the funds were yours.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
badz2 said:
guys just a question,i was able to acquire a bank certificate but without the 6 months average balance..can i submit the estatement which the bank sends every end of the month to my email?or should i request a statement of account from the bank which is not cheap..it would cost me 120 sg dollars for the last six months statement.
e-statement is not valid, get a statement stamped and signed by the bank official

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
AkashPatel1990 said:
Hi All,

Regarding Proof of funds. Can I show my US bank statement. Or do I need a some notarized or attested document from the bank. If Bank statement is good, how many months of bank statement do I need to show. If bank statements are not allowed, what should I ask my bank for(I have a account in Chase bank)
bank account from any country is valid.
You need to get the letter from the bank as per CIC requirements on bank's letterhead. If there is certain info missing like avg balances then along with this letter you need to provide last 6 months statements stamped and signed by bank official

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
fabiosmartini said:
Guys, I do not have enough money in my bank account, but I do have it in cash (and declared in my annual income taxes for the last 3 years). I just deposited all of it into a saving account. Since I have proof it is mine because of the income tax, will it be an issue just to have it deposited all at once, considering I just received an ITA?
if you can prove that funds are yours, you are good to go.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
rupinder2k17 said:
Hello everyone,

As of now, in my family we are two of us including my wife. Also, we are expecting our first child next month, so that makes it 3 family members before i submit my application.

Thing is my wife and my child wont be accompanying me as of now and i have not claimed any points for her in my ITA. Now, my question is would i have to show proof of funds for 3 family members or just me?

please suggest.
you need to provide PCC and medicals for both your spouse and child and you need to show POF for 3 members.
I would suggest you to submit your application after the birth of your child ( if you have sufficient time), else you would inform CIC post the birth and provide all these details later

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
vishalg said:
bank account from any country is valid.
You need to get the letter from the bank as per CIC requirements on bank's letterhead. If there is certain info missing like avg balances then along with this letter you need to provide last 6 months statements stamped and signed by bank official
you do not need a separate letter from bank. The statements having the bank info is also called bank letter.

callofduty

Star Member
Dec 3, 2016
Hi guys,

I got ITA under PNP. I met cec and pnp before ITA in my ee profile.

my question is do i need proof of funds?

what number do i put in the settlement funds? I was asked to put a number in the questions" how much money does xxx WILL BRING TO CANADA?

thanks,,