+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

sidhurubal

Mar 16, 2017
Hi,

My husband is already PR in canada and statying there . I have applied for express entry before marriage and received ITA now. I have doubt about how much funds i need to show as my husband is not accompanying me. Also can i show my husband's account statements as proof of fund.

Thanks
Arshdeep

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
sidhurubal said:
Hi,

My husband is already PR in canada and statying there . I have applied for express entry before marriage and received ITA now. I have doubt about how much funds i need to show as my husband is not accompanying me. Also can i show my husband's account statements as proof of fund.

Thanks
Arshdeep
If your husband is not the primary applicant/dependent in your application , you can't show his funds as your proof of fund..

LoopyL

Feb 5, 2013
Dear colleagues,

Have just realised a line of credit home loan will not be accepted as POF. Should I switch the loan to a standard loan freeing up all the offset payments and show proof of this as a large deposit now available OR get a gift deed from my parents?

Thanks and apologies if this is covered elsewhere!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
LoopyL said:
Dear colleagues,

Have just realised a line of credit home loan will not be accepted as POF. Should I switch the loan to a standard loan freeing up all the offset payments and show proof of this as a large deposit now available OR get a gift deed from my parents?

Thanks and apologies if this is covered elsewhere!
You can't get a standard loan or use home loan line of credit as settlement funds for Canada. Pretending your funds are coming from your parents is misrepresentation and you would deserve the 5 year ban if they discovered this.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Thank you Vishalg for your guidance.
So Should I mention Home loan and write LOE for that. Is there any suggested LOE format mentioning Home loan details?
Also I have joined my present company in 2008 and 3 promotions till now. My NOC code is same during this tenure.
I have included all promotions and up-gradation in application.
In document upload tab, Should I upload separate job reference letters or Single job reference letter is Ok for all?
Kindly suggest.

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
prabag said:
So Should I mention Home loan and write LOE for that. Is there any suggested LOE format mentioning Home loan details?
Also I have joined my present company in 2008 and 3 promotions till now. My NOC code is same during this tenure.
I have included all promotions and up-gradation in application.
In document upload tab, Should I upload separate job reference letters or Single job reference letter is Ok for all?
Kindly suggest.
home loan would be mentioned on the bank letter. In the LOE, you just have to mention that it is a secured loan and not a borrowed sum to showcase it as a POF. There is no standard format for it, write it as a plain letter addressed to the case officer highlighting the important aspects of your case.
Single/ multiple either which way is fine but letter should mention all designation held, tenure for each designation, duties for each designation.

kikori

Feb 6, 2015
Hi guys. I submitted my CEC PR application 4 months ago, and have accidentally attached my proof of funds requirement (didnt realize that its not needed as indicated in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29) . Now, I'm a little concerned that they might use that criteria as well.

Concerned because I just filed my taxes and realized only recently I have to pay back a significant amount to the governement as I only did self-employment work last year (meaning I couldn't use my tuition credits to pay back GST and CPP contributions). If I pay these amount now, my bank balance would go under the minimum funds requirement.

Question is:
1.) should I worry about proof of funds support having submitted my details even though I'm under CEC
2.) will my PR application be affected if I haven't paid my taxes for year 2016 (i'm planning to pay at end of april 2017)

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kikori said:
Hi guys. I submitted my CEC PR application 4 months ago, and have accidentally attached my proof of funds requirement (didnt realize that its not needed as indicated in http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29) . Now, I'm a little concerned that they might use that criteria as well.

Concerned because I just filed my taxes and realized only recently I have to pay back a significant amount to the governement as I only did self-employment work last year (meaning I couldn't use my tuition credits to pay back GST and CPP contributions). If I pay these amount now, my bank balance would go under the minimum funds requirement.

Question is:
1.) should I worry about proof of funds support having submitted my details even though I'm under CEC-- They will look that you qualify as CEC then they will go through the checklist of documents needed for CEC, don't worry.
2.) will my PR application be affected if I haven't paid my taxes for year 2016 (i'm planning to pay at end of april 2017)-- As far as I know they check if there are any dues to Canadian govt., so you better pay it now

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Do they check with the CRA? Because I'm fairly certain they would need consent from you for that.

prabag

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
I will take the home loan outstanding balance certificate from bank and attach LOE separately.
Where to upload the home loan letter from Bank and credit card outstanding or dues letter?
I have almost 3-4 Letter of Explanation, Should I merge all and add in LOE section?

LoopyL

Feb 5, 2013
Dear KrytOn,

I had an application in for six years which was never processed therefore would never misrepresent funds. A gift deed from my parents would be unencumbered and nothing to do with my finances. Where I live a line of credit is your home loan and everyday cheque and savings with salary deposits etc. I have four fifths of the loan amount paid so if I switched back to a three fifths standard loan the one fifth would be returned to me unencumbered! The bank would provide documentation of this. Thanks for your guidance.

imacuser

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
I have close to 5k CAD in my account.
If I get an ITA today and save 2.5K CAD every month I'll have 12500k when I submit my eAPR three months from now. The money will be my own income (I can arrange proof too)
Is that okay for should I get a gift deed and transfer 7.5k CAD in my account from a family member today?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imacuser said:
I have close to 5k CAD in my account.
If I get an ITA today and save 2.5K CAD every month I'll have 12500k when I submit my eAPR three months from now. The money will be my own income (I can arrange proof too)
Is that okay for should I get a gift deed and transfer 7.5k CAD in my account from a family member today?
Both options work.