istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nima2000 said:
Hi all,
If I have a full time job in Canada, do I still need to show a bank account statement as a proof of fund or just a letter of employment should be enough?

Thanks
"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have more than sufficient funds in in PF which I am going to use for PR application and also used same for SINP. On top of that I have around 9k CAD in my spouse's account, out this 6k CAD were transferred to this account from her father's account only three months back, Is it advisable to show this additional funds?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamy said:
I have more than sufficient funds in in PF which I am going to use for PR application and also used same for SINP. On top of that I have around 9k CAD in my spouse's account, out this 6k CAD were transferred to this account from her father's account only three months back, Is it advisable to show this additional funds?
No harm in showing the additional funds provided you have a Gift Deed for CAD 6k which was transferred by your father-in-law. You can find a sample template of a Gift Deed here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-deed-letter-t384602.0.html

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
No harm in showing the additional funds provided you have a Gift Deed for CAD 6k which was transferred by your father-in-law. You can find a sample template of a Gift Deed here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/gift-deed-letter-t384602.0.html
Thanks Stanlee, can you share similar template for name change

My wife didn't have surnamme in her educational documents(only first name) and old passport but after marriage she added my surname to her name and current passport has her name+my surname

AhmedAbdelazizr

Aug 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
02/06/2016
oes every one is maintaining required settlement funds in the account continuously for the past six months??

Is this Mandatory to maintain the funds continuous for 6 months??

I was not maintaining the Funds for past 6 months, but currently I have enough funds in my account. I can see as part of additional docs request, for few they are asking to submit past 6 months statements? Will this impact my application, any alternate solution??

Is that accepted?

That I showed them enough funds then withdraw then fulfilling them again?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
kamy said:
Thanks Stanlee, can you share similar template for name change

My wife didn't have surnamme in her educational documents(only first name) and old passport but after marriage she added my surname to her name and current passport has her name+my surname
You can prepare an Affidavit for Same and One Person. There is a sample of the Affidavit that I am referring to in this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-in-a-nutshell-t394158.2310.html

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AhmedAbdelazizr said:
oes every one is maintaining required settlement funds in the account continuously for the past six months??

Is this Mandatory to maintain the funds continuous for 6 months??

I was not maintaining the Funds for past 6 months, but currently I have enough funds in my account. I can see as part of additional docs request, for few they are asking to submit past 6 months statements? Will this impact my application, any alternate solution??

Is that accepted?

That I showed them enough funds then withdraw then fulfilling them again?
The reason why 6 months bank statements are asked is to ensure that the applicant has not borrowed money or availed a loan to show POF. As long as you can prove the source of the funds maintained in your account it does not matter if the funds are in there for 6 months or less.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
istari said:
"Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada."

Thanks fir the reply. I have an ooen work permit and I am working with that. I have a full time job relatrd to my major but it doesn't have the LMIA, do you consider that a valid job offer?

Thanks

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hello dear forum members. I've got my visa and planning my arrival in Canada in the middle of October.Please advise guys, at the airport, do we need to show Proof of funds from our account in Canadian bank, opened before arrival, or we can bring an up-to-date bank statement from our country of origin, show this at port of entry to cic officer and only then open a Canadian bank account and transfer money at that stage?
Please share your inputs guys. I am not keen on taking funds in cash and at the same time Scotiabank refuses to open an account for me from overseas.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valsanail said:
Hello dear forum members. I've got my visa and planning my arrival in Canada in the middle of October.Please advise guys, at the airport, do we need to show Proof of funds from our account in Canadian bank, opened before arrival, or we can bring an up-to-date bank statement from our country of origin, show this at port of entry to cic officer and only then open a Canadian bank account and transfer money at that stage?
Please share your inputs guys. I am not keen on taking funds in cash and at the same time Scotiabank refuses to open an account for me from overseas.
An updated statement from your foreign bank is fine.

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
istari said:
An updated statement from your foreign bank is fine.
Thanks, that's a relief, I even considered bringing a DD and only then realized that this is also treated as cash and requires declaration.

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As I understand we need POF at port of entry as well.
I'm showing PF as POF, once you leave the job, application goes to govt. office to withdraw which takes around couple of months. In this case how would I show this as POF at port of entry?

AhmedAbdelazizr

Aug 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
02/06/2016
Stanlee said:
The reason why 6 months bank statements are asked is to ensure that the applicant has not borrowed money or availed a loan to show POF. As long as you can prove the source of the funds maintained in your account it does not matter if the funds are in there for 6 months or less.
Hi Stanlee
What i meants is i showed the funds, but due to emergency withdraw it while the file with OINP but I got the funds back now before any call for updated bank statement.

is that ok with them?
I will be having 3X POF while entering Canada hopefully it was just an emergency!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AhmedAbdelazizr said:
Hi Stanlee
What i meants is i showed the funds, but due to emergency withdraw it while the file with OINP but I got the funds back now before any call for updated bank statement.

is that ok with them?
I will be having 3X POF while entering Canada hopefully it was just an emergency!
Nothing to worry, in case they ask for fresh bank statements, you can explain the same to them.

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
Can I present multiple account statements + provident Fund statement (attested one) as PoF?