+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
istari said:
Seniors on this forum say that you don't need to mention outstanding debts.
Thanks +1
So I just need to provide accounts with a minimum 6 month balance above the minimum POF stated on the CIC website,right?

Rickyindia

Star Member
Sep 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-3-2017
hi everyone. My problem is that i have my own old funds but they are invested in mutual funds and they can be transfered to my savings bank account anytime. My questions are:-
1. Can mutual funds statements can be shown as POF?
2. If not, i will transfer the funds from mutual funds to my bank account.
3. The balance in my account statement will not be 6 months old, can i still lodge my eAPR?
4. I will attach the Mutual Funds statement as an additional document as an explanation for transfer of heavy amount into my saving account.

Noc-0122
CRS-475
EE created- july,2016
awaiting ITA

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rickyindia said:
hi everyone. My problem is that i have my own old funds but they are invested in mutual funds and they can be transfered to my savings bank account anytime. My questions are:-
1. Can mutual funds statements can be shown as POF?
2. If not, i will transfer the funds from mutual funds to my bank account.
3. The balance in my account statement will not be 6 months old, can i still lodge my eAPR?
4. I will attach the Mutual Funds statement as an additional document as an explanation for transfer of heavy amount into my saving account.

Noc-0122
CRS-475
EE created- july,2016
awaiting ITA
I believe mutual funds are fine.

Rickyindia

Star Member
Sep 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-3-2017
zanny said:
Although CIC website mentions securities and T-bills, it is a bit dicey. Reason why it can go against you is - When u reply to ITA, the MF can be valued at X amount. But when PPR is issued it might be X/2. The last thing you want is a rejection due to a technical error on MF valuation. It is always better to sell the units and move the money into your account. However, if you want to test your luck, it is up to you.
i face a similar situation, all my savings are invested in mutual funds. If i sell the mutual funds, the amount will be transfered to my savings account. But the funds as per my savings account will not be more than 6 months old. Will they consider that my funds are old since they were earlier invested in mutual funds?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rickyindia said:
i face a similar situation, all my savings are invested in mutual funds. If i sell the mutual funds, the amount will be transfered to my savings account. But the funds as per my savings account will not be more than 6 months old. Will they consider that my funds are old since they were earlier invested in mutual funds?
This is fine, but you need to show proof of where the money came from (a record of a bank transfer, etc.).

rkeys

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
Nomination.....
15-07-2016
AOR Received.
16-10-2016
Med's Done....
17-10-2016
Hi, does anyone has the experience of showing Pension fund statement as POF? I have required amount in my pension fund account which is payable to me if I leave the job, or leave the country. Do you think CIC will accept this?

kamy

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkeys said:
Hi, does anyone has the experience of showing Pension fund statement as POF? I have required amount in my pension fund account which is payable to me if I leave the job, or leave the country. Do you think CIC will accept this?
which country you are from?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rkeys said:
As long as you can get stamped statements for the same and prove that these funds are unencumbered and readily transferable, you can use them as POF. Additionally, would also suggest to show some other POF as well.

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND
anirudhap said:
I think Mutual funds are accepted....If a province can accept MFs, then CIC must also accept.
Mutual Funds are Accepeted make sure you submit latest statement

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will a bank account together with my wife be enough for the POF?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
Perfect then, thanks.
I should've specified that it's fine as long as your wife is a co-applicant. If your wife is non-accompanying, you'll probably need an affidavit from her.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
I should've specified that it's fine as long as your wife is a co-applicant. If your wife is non-accompanying, you'll probably need an affidavit from her.
Yes, we are applying together, so no problem.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hi all,
If I have a full time job in Canada, do I still need to show a bank account statement as a proof of fund or just a letter of employment should be enough?

Thanks