istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkartik3 said:
Hi,

My sister living is USA has transferred some money in my account for POF. How can i prove this transaction as a gift deed ?

Thanks
You need to get your sister to sign a gift deed in front of a notary public.

JW8

Nov 3, 2016
I have overdraft limit in one of my salary account, while have other accounts to show proof of funds, can I also show OD limit offered by my salary account as part of the funds which would be readily available to me?

Regards- JW8

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JW8 said:
I have overdraft limit in one of my salary account, while have other accounts to show proof of funds, can I also show OD limit offered by my salary account as part of the funds which would be readily available to me?

Regards- JW8
No. It must be your money, not just money that is available to you.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhkartik3 said:
You mean in the US? Or can she send me a signed copy over mail which I can get notarized in India ?
In the US.
The point of getting it notarised is that the notary needs to witness your sister's signature. That can't happen if she's in the US and the gift deed is in India.

JW8

Nov 3, 2016
istari said:
No. It must be your money, not just money that is available to you.
Thank you , I have one more question. My PR application just have me and my spouse.

I mistakenly added 29000 CAD as funds I will bring to Canada in my EE. I can manage that much fund if I wait till end of this month, but considering the cap for two people is only 15000-16000 CAD, should I just update my ITA with 16000 and show that as proof of fund, so that I can file my PR application immediately?

Regards
JW8

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JW8 said:
Thank you , I have one more question. My PR application just have me and my spouse.

I mistakenly added 29000 CAD as funds I will bring to Canada in my EE. I can manage that much fund if I wait till end of this month, but considering the cap for two people is only 15000-16000 CAD, should I just update my ITA with 16000 and show that as proof of fund, so that I can file my PR application immediately?

Regards
JW8
Yes, you can alter your eAPR before you submit it.

JW8

Nov 3, 2016
istari said:
Yes, you can alter your eAPR before you submit it.
Thank you I will alter the funds and submit my application. Do I need to mention the same in LOE?

Regards
JW8

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JW8 said:
Thank you I will alter the funds and submit my application. Do I need to mention the same in LOE?

Regards
JW8
I don't think it's necessary, but it can't hurt to do so if you want to.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
krazzee said:
Hi,

Can I get a gift deed for POF from my sister's father in law? Please help
You can get it from the pope if you want to! :p

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Hello everyone.

I asked a question a few days ago but received no response. I will copy-paste it again and would be grateful if someone experienced could provide an answer:

"Greetings forum.

I recently received ITA and am currently working on getting all the necessary documents. One being proof of funds.

I have a Barclays bank account in Britain and have had the necessary amount of money in it for more than 6 months. However, when I recently approached them asking for a letter with all the required information on it (such as account number, date it was opened, average balance for the past six months...etc), they informed me it is not possible to provide such a customized letter. Instead what I was able to get from them were my bank statements for the past six months, signed, dated and stamped by them.

The statements are on letterheads and they include my full name, contact information of Barclays, account number, sort code, type of account, start balance, end balance, money in, money out, and the transaction that were made during each month. But they do not include when my account was opened and average balance for the past six months.

For those of you who have experience, do you think such signed and stamped statements will suffice as proof of funds?

Thanks in advance for your help."

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Zagros Ahmed said:
Hello everyone.

I asked a question a few days ago but received no response. I will copy-paste it again and would be grateful if someone experienced could provide an answer:

"Greetings forum.

I recently received ITA and am currently working on getting all the necessary documents. One being proof of funds.

I have a Barclays bank account in Britain and have had the necessary amount of money in it for more than 6 months. However, when I recently approached them asking for a letter with all the required information on it (such as account number, date it was opened, average balance for the past six months...etc), they informed me it is not possible to provide such a customized letter. Instead what I was able to get from them were my bank statements for the past six months, signed, dated and stamped by them.

The statements are on letterheads and they include my full name, contact information of Barclays, account number, sort code, type of account, start balance, end balance, money in, money out, and the transaction that were made during each month. But they do not include when my account was opened and average balance for the past six months.

For those of you who have experience, do you think such signed and stamped statements will suffice as proof of funds?

Thanks in advance for your help."
Hey! Barclays should be able to issue you a letter just stating when the account was opened. If not, try emailing them requesting this and if they come back and say they can't, use that as evidence with the 6 months statements. Also include an LOE explaining this. British banks are bad at giving out personalised letters.

Zagros Ahmed

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Kurdistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
kryt0n said:
Hey! Barclays should be able to issue you a letter just stating when the account was opened. If not, try emailing them requesting this and if they come back and say they can't, use that as evidence with the 6 months statements. Also include an LOE explaining this. British banks are bad at giving out personalised letters.
Hello Kryt0n,

Many thanks for your response.

You are right. They have something called (status Enquiry) letter which will mention when my account was opened. I have requested it and will probably receive that letter tomorrow.

Do you think this letter (stating the opening date of my account), coupled with six months' bank statement (signed, stamped, and dated by Barclays) suffice for my ITA?

Thanks in advance.