+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Good day.

My Dad will give my sister money for her PoF. The only problem is, it'll come from a newly opened checkings account. My Dad is a seafarer and only have his payroll account and is not capable of a bank to bank transfer that's why he decided to just open a new checkings account. He was also given a checkbook that doesn't have his name, only his account number. He'll be getting his personalized one within 3 weeks but he's already flying out of the country next Monday.

1.) Will it be an issue if the money came from a brand new checkings account to my sister's account?

2.) We can include a copy of the check but having an account number instead of my Dad's name gets us a little worried. Would this be ok as long as we provide proof that it is actually his account?

Thanks

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi all,

Need some advice here! In my bank account I had more than sufficient funds but in one month I transferred a huge amount to my dads account for investment which he returned the next month. How do I explain this in my POF case? Should I get an affidavit or a gift deed? The money was earned by my salary savings for

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello, I have a query with respect to proof of funds.
My wife being primary applicant and me being secondary applicant. Now, requisite funds are in Husbands bank account. What are the possible ways of complying with norms of proof of funds to the satisfaction of canada government.

please help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello, I have a query with respect to proof of funds.
My wife being primary applicant and me being secondary applicant. Now, requisite funds are in Husbands bank account. What are the possible ways of complying with norms of proof of funds to the satisfaction of canada government.

please help.
bank letter confirming the amount and you need to additionally provide a letter saying that you have no objection for your wife to have complete access to your funds ...

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
bank letter confirming the amount and you need to additionally provide a letter saying that you have no objection for your wife to have complete access to your funds ...
NOC letter should be on plain paper signed by me? what if i open new bank account in joint names and transfer funds from my individual accnt would that be ok?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
NOC letter should be on plain paper signed by me? what if i open new bank account in joint names and transfer funds from my individual accnt would that be ok?
yeah you can open the jt. account but they may enquire about the source of funds since the account is new, so you should provide a letter explaining that you moved the money from your individual account to this new jt account

atxvm08

Aug 1, 2018
I have a question with respect to the POF. My bank account does not have an average of 12475 CAD over the last 6 months, but for the last 2 months out of 6 months, the average is above 12475 CAD. Is that sufficient proof of funds for a single applicant ?

Alternatively, I can add gift deed from my parents to my current balance satisfy this requirement, but by adding in gift deed, will it satisfy the requirement for average balance of 6 months to be above 12475 CAD?

Aug 6, 2018
Hi,

"IRCC stipulates that the funds cannot be borrowed from another person and the applicant will be asked to explain any large, lump sum transfers into an account."

Is 680 CAD a large, lump sum transfer???

Is there any one where the CIC reviewer reject/refuse the application seeing that a small amount (680CAD in my case) was coming from a 'friend'?

What is the MINIMUM amount that the CIC reviewer will look at?? In my case, I have 21000 CAD in my account, (which is more than the amount stated by CIC for a couple = 15600 CAD)... but unfortunately my friend transferred 680 CAD last month --- What do i do?? should I explain this transaction in my LOE saying that my friend gave it to me

as a gift OR shall i not explain it at all?? It was actually the return of a house

rental agreement deposit for which i have no contract as proof :(

Any response/help is much appreciated!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

"IRCC stipulates that the funds cannot be borrowed from another person and the applicant will be asked to explain any large, lump sum transfers into an account."

Is 680 CAD a large, lump sum transfer???

Is there any one where the CIC reviewer reject/refuse the application seeing that a small amount (680CAD in my case) was coming from a 'friend'?

What is the MINIMUM amount that the CIC reviewer will look at?? In my case, I have 21000 CAD in my account, (which is more than the amount stated by CIC for a couple = 15600 CAD)... but unfortunately my friend transferred 680 CAD last month --- What do i do?? should I explain this transaction in my LOE saying that my friend gave it to me

as a gift OR shall i not explain it at all?? It was actually the return of a house

rental agreement deposit for which i have no contract as proof :(

Any response/help is much appreciated!
That amount is irrelevant as you didn't even need it in the first place to meet the required minimum funds.

Reactions: Mayukh Athmaram
Aug 6, 2018
that's what that sentence means ! :)
Thank you very much --- So, I will not explain this amount in the LOE and hope for the best.
But, it will be the ONLY single transfer-in I do not explain in my LOE as I am explaining the other only 7 transactions into my account (5 salary entries of 850 CAD each and 2 from father as gift deeds). Is that ok?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Thank you very much --- So, I will not explain this amount in the LOE and hope for the best.
But, it will be the ONLY single transfer-in I do not explain in my LOE as I am explaining the other only 7 transactions into my account (5 salary entries of 850 CAD each and 2 from father as gift deeds). Is that ok?
you're fine.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
Hi all,

Need some advice here! In my bank account I had more than sufficient funds but in one month I transferred a huge amount to my dads account for investment which he returned the next month. How do I explain this in my POF case? Should I get an affidavit or a gift deed? The money was earned by my salary savings
Hi Any leads?