+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyronn said:
Asivad, is it required to get the money transferred to primary applicant's account? If some amout of PoF money is in my wife's name as FD, RD etc, she being the secondary applicant in our PR application, won't an affidavit from her suffice?
Ideally, it shouldn't matter. But CIC explicitly asks for POF from the PA alone and expects the PA to have exclusive access to the required funds. Why take a chance? Others have been refused for lesser deviations from the norm.

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Ideally, it shouldn't matter. But CIC explicitly asks for POF from the PA alone and expects the PA to have exclusive access to the required funds. Why take a chance? Others have been refused for lesser deviations from the norm.
:( :(

Thanks for replying

RRfromfaraway

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Can I get a clarification on POF for CEC...

I cant find on CIC website where it says we are exempt from proving the funds. I answered that I have 10,000 in EE application. I was invited to apply under CEC.

Now it is asking me to upload a file under POF. I can provide my investment statements/bank account, but I dont have the 12K required. I dont want to have my application refused because I am providing my bank statements but it doesnt meet other program's requirement.

Can someone advise?

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRfromfaraway said:
Can I get a clarification on POF for CEC...

I cant find on CIC website where it says we are exempt from proving the funds. I answered that I have 10,000 in EE application. I was invited to apply under CEC.

Now it is asking me to upload a file under POF. I can provide my investment statements/bank account, but I dont have the 12K required. I dont want to have my application refused because I am providing my bank statements but it doesnt meet other program's requirement.

Can someone advise?

Thank you
Check here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You are exempted from POF.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRfromfaraway said:
I knew you could help! :)

Thanks

Now, I still have to upload a file under POF. Do I just explain that according to CIC I am not requeired provide POF and attach my bank statements? Or do I simply explain that POF not required?
Either of those would work. All the best!

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi All,

A query.. suppose if i am able to show proof of funds which is required by CIC by bank account balance.

If i have liabilities like personal loan. is it ok..

Can i have personal loans in mumbai and go to canada.

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Either of those would work. All the best!
Hi bro,

A query.. suppose if i am able to show proof of funds which is required by CIC by bank account balance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
motocheck said:
Hi bro,

As long as the loan was not taken for the purposes of POF, it is alright to have liabilities.

letsgetitdone

Oct 22, 2015
Hi all,

I have one question. I just filled out the application and submitted it. I did mentioned that I have the CAD 23,000 required for my family but i see my score is 349. This is strange I think I should have got 949 (349 + 600 for the POF). Do you think this is normal? Is the system going to be updated after all?

Please let me know.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
letsgetitdone said:
Hi all,

I have one question. I just filled out the application and submitted it. I did mentioned that I have the CAD 23,000 required for my family but i see my score is 349. This is strange I think I should have got 949 (349 + 600 for the POF). Do you think this is normal? Is the system going to be updated after all?

Please let me know.
Hi,
You do not qualify for additional 600 points if you have sufficient POF. 600 points is awarded only if you have a job offer from some employer in Canada or a provincial nomination. Did you mis-type PNP as POF. Please clarify.

letsgetitdone

Oct 22, 2015
rajanvnv said:
Hi,
You do not qualify for additional 600 points if you have sufficient POF. 600 points is awarded only if you have a job offer from some employer in Canada or a provincial nomination. Did you mis-type PNP as POF. Please clarify.
I meant proof of funding. Do you mean that my application will not be accepted as i have currently 349 and the lowest cutoff score is 450? Providing the funding is not enough?

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
letsgetitdone said:
I meant proof of funding. Do you mean that my application will not be accepted as i have currently 349 and the lowest cutoff score is 450? Providing the funding is not enough?
I believe the system will very much allow to create an express entry profile and stay in the pool. The current cut-off to get an Invitation to apply is at 450. You can create your express entry profile and also try to improve your scores by improving your language scores, complete a masters degree if you are already pursuing one, increase your work experience (coz., this will again take time), try for provincial nominations that are currently open (these would fetch you additional 600 pts). As the scores slides down and you improve your scores and your scores reach the cut-off, you will get invited to apply for permanent residence. Proof of funds is one eligibility criteria but it does not award any points.

juls78

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
any answer for this query. I am also in this situation

calvin_raw said:
I had got the ITA in Aug and need to upload all the documents by 20th Oct.

The only issue with my application is dicey Proof of Funds.

Avg 6 month balance is C$ 11,300.00
Current Balance is C$ 28,000.00

Do you think this large difference in Avg and current balance would be an excuse for the VO to reject.

Or is it better if i decline this invite and try for ITA in the next draw.

Thanks in advance to all members of this forum who have made EE Application easy for people like me ;D